Options

Gaming Setups - Help!

hyperpowerhyperpower Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in Games and Technology
This is a bit of an odd one but here goes.....

Like many of you I am a mad, avid gamer. I have most consoles etc, more games than I can poke a stick at damn near every accessory known to man. Now I am a visual sort of person and like to have my stuff on display. The problem is though is that I am also a bit of a neat freak and don't like having lots of clutter etc.

Currently, I have multiple guitars, drum sets, controllers (lots), Keytars, Arcade sticks etc etc. This does not sit well with my no clutter rule. Now, I'm lucky in the sense that I have a standalone room/theatre devoted to gaming, movies etc but need some suggestions on how to manage having all this crap I have accumulated over the years.

Can anyone post pics of their setups etc or give suggestions on the best way to store games and accessories so they are tidy, on display and well presented? Or suggestions as to furniture that can help in this goal?

A long time ago there was a thread devoted to gaming set-ups but I don't really remember anything in there that addressed this issue specifically.

hyperpower on

• Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I display all my plastic guitars as such. Just used some small little 2" or so L-Brackets.

guitars.jpg

Have a credenza that conveniently has three little cubby holes for each of the consoles, with a drawer under each for controllers/cables. Don't have a picture of it, though.

Anything else left over, such as my driving wheel and two drum sets are just shoved in a storage room.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SzechuanSzechuan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I display all my plastic guitars as such. Just used some small little 2" or so L-Brackets.

guitars.jpg

Have a credenza that conveniently has three little cubby holes for each of the consoles, with a drawer under each for controllers/cables. Don't have a picture of it, though.

Anything else left over, such as my driving wheel and two drum sets are just shoved in a storage room.

I've recently added some shelving, but was kind of lost on what I could do with my RB peripherals. That's a really good idea! Incidentally, you could take the legs/pedal off the drums and put them aside and hang the pads like you did the guitars.

Szechuan on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Szechuan wrote: »

http://pics.bistromathics.com/guitars.jpg

I've recently added some shelving, but was kind of lost on what I could do with my RB peripherals. That's a really good idea! Incidentally, you could take the legs/pedal off the drums and put them aside and hang the pads like you did the guitars.

I was thinking of finding some kinda J-hook or something and just hanging them from the ceiling (upside down) in an out of the way corner of the room.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Man that is one sweet idea, love it

hyperpower on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think this MAY be the time to realise you have too many plastic instruments.
    I'm just jealous my other half wouldn't let me do this.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »

What's pictured is all I have, anyway. Oh, and the RB2 and Beatles drum sets. And the Clavier keyboard. And three mics. But that's it, I swear.

Oh, and the people in my building are fucking with me too, or something. I walked out of my apartment the other day and sitting in the hallway next to my door was a RB2 drum set. Had to double check it wasn't mine. And then, today, I walked down to the lobby and there was a GHWT and an RB2 guitar sitting on the bench that people commonly use as a I-am-transferring-and-no-longer-need-these-canned-goods-so-feel-free-to-take-them-if-you-want bench. It's like they want me to have more plastic goodies.

Hell, I still need to get the Gretsch Duo-Jet, at the very least. And maybe the Ion Drum Set.

Oops, I need to shut up. I might be accidentally giving my Secret Santa ideas of what to get me. :)

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »

I deliberately didn't buy DJ Hero for this very reason.
    I do now own the Rock Band Keytar tho :p

hyperpower on