As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla]gears - Village Victory! - Day Eight - One Who Bears Fangs at God

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Actually, I was mistaken about something. Game is over! I'll get a narration up shortly.

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Stranger and stranger.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    DAY EIGHT
    One Who Bears Fangs at God

In their planning for a place to make the final battle, Fei and his friends found the final datacenter near Merkava, and destroyed it, killing Nodgarb.

Fei looked to his friends, knowing that this was likely to be their last outing.

His friends Elly, Citan, Bart, Billy, Emeralda, Rico, Jesse, the Yggdrasil crew, even Ramsus, even Chu-Chu had all fallen at some point along the line, and now it was up to him to finish everything.

The remaining Elements, Seraphita and Tolone said a prayer for their fallen comrades, Ramsus, Kelvena, and Dominia.

Vance mourned the loss of his brothers-in-arms, knowing that he had to carry their spirit with him into the final battle.

"Ok, Citan's plan to use a decoy should still work." Fei looked to Seraphita.

"I need you to use the Grandgrowl to draw the Merkava fire away from the rest of us as we enter the core. It will be dangerous, but I need Tolone to drop me in, and you're the only one fast enough otherwise."

Seraphita nodded solemnly. "I understand, Fei." Tolone almost seemed to shed a tear.

"Once I'm in, I'll be counting on you guys to hold off his Diabolos agents while I fight Deus himself." Fei looked to Tolone and Vance.

"You got it... Commander." Vance replied. Tolone nodded.

"Ok, then let's go!"

Fei and the others took off outside, as Tolone called her Skyghene, Seraphita the Grandgrowl, Vance his Clawknight, and Fei, the Xenogears.

1544580-243539_xenogears_large_super.jpg

Tolone hoisted the rest up, and began to fly towards Merkava - Deus' lair. As they approached, the cannon fired, and she deftly flew to the ground, avoiding the blast.

Seraphita took off, and the cannon began to track her.

Tolone quickly took to the air again, and beelined straight for the Merkava core. Seraphita dashed and dodged as Tolone got closed and closer, and right as the beam finished firing, she released Fei and Vance. But unfortunately, Capfalcon wasn't fast enough to dodge the final beam, and was incinerated.

Fei flew down quickly, bringing his Xenogears onto the cannon with huge force, destroying it.

"Tolone, it's safe, come down, quickly! Protect me!" Fei called, as he jumped into the hole, and saw his opponent, Deus, standing in front of him.

"Alright, it's time to end this story." Fei got his focus, and began his assault.

The fight between the two was fierce. Both infused with the power of the Zohar and the Wave Existence, it seemed nothing would give. But suddenly Harlute appeared, having evaded Tolone and Vance, and unleashed its Cosmic Crusher, and damaging Fei. Vance followed Harlute, hoping to distract it from Fei

"Unnhh.. No, I can't lose here... I can't let everyone down." Fei readied himself, as he prepared himself for his final attack.

Chi began to swim in the air around him, flashing a brilliant red, faster, and faster, suddenly it came to a still, and a gigantic aura flared around Fei, and then exploded as his Big Bang enveloped the entire room.

As the chi washed away, Fei looked to the remains of simulacrum in his Clawknight, but more importantly, in front of him...

warban had vanished.

A shimmering light appeared before him.

"Hello again, Fei." The Wave Existence Called.

"Did.. I do it?" Fei asked.

That faint, almost smile appeared again.

"Thank you." The shimmering light began to evaporate into the air.

Fei sank to his knees.

"It's finally over." He looked to the heavens. "I guses... it's time to start anew."

Fei heard footsteps behind him.

"Hello, Fei." Fei turned around to see,

"Krelian... What are you doing here?"

"To see... the end."

"Planning to kill me?"

Krelian smiled. "That was never my goal, Fei. I only wished to become one with God."

"And now?"

"Well, with that gone... I suppose my I might have to find a new goal. Maybe God isn't the answer after all."

"What will you do?"

"Who can say. Either way, I'm sure... I'm sure we'll meet again."

"Goodbye, Krelian."

"Goodbye, Fei."

DEUS HAS BEEN DEFEATED - THE VILLAGE IS VICTORIOUS!

no spoiler version today

CASUALTIES
    Nodgarb - Jabal - killed by the mob
    Capfalcon - Seraphita - killed by Deus
    Fei has been damaged by Deus!
    simulacrum - Vance - killed by Fei
    Fei has attacked Nodgarb, but he was already dead!
    warban - Deus - killed by Fei.
    Dunadan019's body has been reconstituted by nanomachines.

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Awww, that's a lot of Attacks. Things might of been different if the mafia got their attacks :(

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Talk about cutting it close. Geez.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    And to think I never paid a ticket for all those bus rides

network boards http://xenoisafunnyword.proboards.com/

thanks for hosting akimbo

Alegis on
  • Options
    NodgarbNodgarb Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    lol & Duna is revived again. Good, close game!

Nodgarb on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    How did fey know to put 2 attacks on me???

Since I required two attacks to die how did he manage to attack me twice???

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Because Fei also needs 2 attacks to die.

Alegis on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So killing Fei would've been nigh impossible for me. :( Ah well.

That's the main reason I was trying to get into the village network, but that failed horribly.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dammit, that was close.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    So killing Fei would've been nigh impossible for me. :( Ah well.

That's the main reason I was trying to get into the village network, but that failed horribly.

I seered you on day 2. :P

I was like "Hey, CJ is a pretty smart dude, so we should seer him and get him into the network."

CJ Iwakura is Ghraff, who wants to end all life on the planet.

"Oh. Well. Shit."

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    For the record, my role as Dominia of the elements was perfect.

See, in the game of Xenogears, Dominia bosses around the rest of the team.

In this phalla, my only personal power was that Alegis (Ramsus) couldn't die until I was dead. However, as long as my teammates were alive, we had powers every night. After Sir Fabulous died, I was the only active member of The Elements until I died and told my teammates with my dying breath to start checking the damn proboard. So for like 3-4 days, I literally controlled the entire elements team.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, how many bullshit vote/vig powers in a row can duna GET?

And I guess I really need to stop being so suspicious that I'm always seered early

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GarickGarick Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    What the heck was with the almost perfect seering record? lol... didn't you guys get a bad guy every single day?

Garick on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Garick wrote: »
    What the heck was with the almost perfect seering record? lol... didn't you guys get a bad guy every single day?

After like day 3-4, when the Elements linked up with the larger network, we basically had half the people in the game cleared and 3 or 4 seers every night. Wasn't hard. :P

I'll see if I can open up the network proboard.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh, someone else already unlocked it:

http://xenoisafunnyword.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general

edit: Missed you post, alegis, my bad.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sorry Akimbo, didnt mean to be terrible!

M.D. on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man just from seeing the village side of things (as Fei) I applaud akimbo's ability to keep shit together and tallied. Kudos, and thanks for running.

I thought that this was going to be a game where the village needed a good head start. I started with a guard ability, and masoned with PsychoLarry(one of our seers). It didn't take too long to find one or two others in a similar position, and lo and behold, the network was born. I believe my powers changed like three or four times over the course of the game.

Farangu on
  • Options
    thatguy00thatguy00 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Holy crap, was that a fun game or what? Can't say I've ever played a more fun game.

I had a helluva time being the network mouthpiece for as long as I did, and I've got an entire inbox of PM's that I need to clear because of it.

Good game to all.

thatguy00 on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ....that was interesting. I dunno, I was out of the loop so it wasn't quite as intriguing for me. At least I had a group I was masoned with....

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Alegis wrote: »

That doesn't really answer my question. My question was how he attacked everyone he did but got two attacks on me?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It's the motherfucking Xenogears, man.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    He probably knew you were dues and like all the other solo baddies needed 2 hits.

I have to say I didn't make use of my role as effectively as I could have.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    if only the dumbass mafia would have stopped killing me.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So Duna was evil? :rotate:

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Wait, 3-4 seers a night?

That explains a lot.

Dusda on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    warban wrote: »
    Alegis wrote: »

That doesn't really answer my question. My question was how he attacked everyone he did but got two attacks on me?

Ok, I will admit to a tiny bit of GM intervention here.

Fei does only have one attack on you, but because of what happened today, the village will win tomorrow almost certainly.

It would leave you, Fei, Tolone, and Krelian alive. PRESUMABLY Fei and Tolone vote out Deus, and Krelian and Deus vote out Fei. Tie vote, both get eliminated, no kills can trigger, leaves final day with Tolone and Krelian. The Village win condition did not involve killing Solaris, so they would have finished their win condition at that point. I decided it'd be better to end it this turn for a number of reasons.

Fei also has 3 kills after obtaining Xenogears, but either way.

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Dusda wrote: »
    Wait, 3-4 seers a night?

That explains a lot.

Yeah what was surprising is that none of them got hit until like turn 5 I think (except for Hammer, but his ability is hardly a seer, since it wouldn't pick up group powers like the Gazel/Elements and didn't reveal alignment). I ran sims for this and usually there were at least 2 seers dead by turn 5.

Instead, a lot of the vigs were dying. Rico and Maria died before they got one attack, and Chu-Chu only got one.

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ah, fair enough, village can have their win. :) it wouldn't of been worth pulling the game out another day for it anyway. But even though I'm going to pretend the situation was a tie In the end.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    Wait, 3-4 seers a night?

That explains a lot.

Yeah what was surprising is that none of them got hit until like turn 5 I think (except for Hammer, but his ability is hardly a seer, since it wouldn't pick up group powers like the Gazel/Elements and didn't reveal alignment). I ran sims for this and usually there were at least 2 seers dead by turn 5.

Instead, a lot of the vigs were dying. Rico and Maria died before they got one attack, and Chu-Chu only got one.
    The main problem we were having was mostly of intel on...well, anything. We debated quite a bit on what to do about the other layers of Mafia, mostly going on the lore. For example, deciding not to attempt to contact Krelian, since in the lore he erases the Ministry and merges with Deus.

I still have no idea how to kill Dunadan.

It didn't help that the village network focused solely on seering, without invoking any discussion publicly. We were in the dark nearly the entire time (except for Elly).

Dusda on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Play to your strengths, that's what I was taught.

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh, I did, believe me.

By the way, sorry for being kind of a pushy dick in this game; I was really trying to establish myself as an independent villager, mixing bits of truth with conjecture into my posts and PM's. Looks like it worked as well as it could have.

Dusda on
  • Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Heh, That was fun for my first Phalla. I admit that I wasn't sure how I should've played it, My win condition was just to be alive at the end, so I suppose I should have been a bit more low key. At any rate, fun times :)

Ghostly Clockwork on
    FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    Wait, 3-4 seers a night?

That explains a lot.

The main problem we were having was mostly of intel on...well, anything. We debated quite a bit on what to do about the other layers of Mafia, mostly going on the lore. For example, deciding not to attempt to contact Krelian, since in the lore he erases the Ministry and merges with Deus.

I still have no idea how to kill Dunadan.

It didn't help that the village network focused solely on seering, without invoking any discussion publicly. We were in the dark nearly the entire time (except for Elly).

There were a couple of vigs around that could bypass Krelian's (and Miang's and Emeralda's) nanomachines.

Fei, Ramsus, Deus, id, and Grahf. The vote was all powerful and would kill anything (even people that required two votes) except a pre-awakened Deus.

About the Krelian - Gazel thing; your fear was actually well founded. In the original version of this game, once Deus awakens, the two Mafia factions would have to go after each other. Because there weren't enough players, that wasn't the case in this particular instance. I'm not sure how else I could've really made it work, short of giving you guys a seer, which seemed like too much, especially when technically the Gazel Ministry only cares about getting Deus alive.

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I definitely enjoyed the game. This is probably one of my most effective runs as a seer I think. Sorry there wasn't more discussion for the rest of you guys.

2 questions: if Alegis didn't declare a kill, would Duna's group have still been able to busdrive his kill? And was it possible to make Duna stay dead?

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The one game I make time for before finals week and I get Day 2'd by cj? Damn it...

How'd I look suspicious, anyways?

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    So they were busdriving it all the time and went for PM confirmation when they could no longer busdrive me. Sneaky dunadan.

I didn't get any notification that I became more resilient to the mind control though, I guess I should have read narration better.

Alegis on
  • Options
    GarickGarick Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Actually, that reminded me... why the heck did the village never vote out krelian? I pretty much exposed him in the thread. And Dunadumb? If you weren't against us, why did you never contact us? it's not like we weren't outted by the seer almost every day. woulda been easy to PM and get a network going.

Garick on