As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wiinternets

CalebrosCalebros a k a TimesNewPwninRegistered User regular
edited January 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I switched from Verizon DSL to Comcast and now the stupid Wii won't connect to the internet. I have the Wi-Fi Dongle so I don't know why it won't let me on now. Sometimes the connection test is successful but then when it checks for updates it can't go through. No changes to any firewalls have been made, so...

any ideas?

Calebros on

• Options
    PirateJonPirateJon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Calebros wrote:
    I switched from Verizon DSL to Comcast and now the stupid Wii won't connect to the internet. I have the Wi-Fi Dongle so I don't know why it won't let me on now. Sometimes the connection test is successful but then when it checks for updates it can't go through. No changes to any firewalls have been made, so...

any ideas?

I'm pretty sure comcast does mac filtering so if you had it set up on your pc then just moved to the wii it won't work without calling them or setting up mac spoofing on the wii (if it can do that).

I have a wii / comcast. But I'm behind a linksys router and I know i had to set up mac spoofing on it.

PirateJon on
    all perfectionists are mediocre in their own eyes
  • Options
    SachielSachiel Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    You should try reinstalling the Wi-Fi Dongle's applicative. I had the same problem a few days ago for some reason (I didn't switch my Internet provider or anything). Before you try anything else, uninstall then reinstall the Wi-fi Dongle's software and drivers.

Sachiel on