As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Girls Meetup at East

• Options
    kitties_on_acidkitties_on_acid Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So have we hit 25 peeps now??

kitties_on_acid on
  • Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    With all the mimosa drinkers, I might need a cranberry juice buddy

Rayze on
  • Options
    SammySammy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Menolly07 wrote: »
    Dude... Sammy.. I keep reading above your avatar Chthulu Bear. "Mountains of Madness STARE!!!!"

ZOMG, someone needs to draw that.

if someone drew that i swear to god i would have it tattooed on me.
    its brilliant.

HA! i think a whole group of tipsy girls crashing that panel is the best idea in the world.

Sammy on
    Go Team !Squirtle!!!! Nurse Joy Pokecrawl '11

PAX EAST 2012: HOTEL [X] FLIGHT [] PASSES [X] TIME OFF []
  • Options
    jacalatajacalata Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    counting the responses I can see in the thread since she said 19, we're at 27 now (including me). It's ON!

also, <3 David Tennant...

jacalata on

Check out my PAX schedule assistant for Windows Phone - http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/pax-digital-assistant/6e56d005-983a-e011-854c-00237de2db9e. Feel free to send me feedback or requests at any time!
  • Options
    astillacastillac Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sammy wrote: »
    Dude... Sammy.. I keep reading above your avatar Chthulu Bear. "Mountains of Madness STARE!!!!"

its brilliant.

HA! i think a whole group of tipsy girls crashing that panel is the best idea in the world.

Oh, this sounds like a challenge I can accept. The drawing I mean, not the tipsy girls crashing a panel. That should just happen naturally. xD
    [EDIT] Found one someone else has done: http://jamesstowe.blogspot.com/2008/07/it-will-devour-your-soul-with-kindness.html

astillac on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    astillac wrote: »

its brilliant.

Oh, this sounds like a challenge I can accept. The drawing I mean, not the tipsy girls crashing a panel. That should just happen naturally. xD
    [EDIT] Found one someone else has done: http://jamesstowe.blogspot.com/2008/07/it-will-devour-your-soul-with-kindness.html

<3<3<3

Sammy on

• Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

its brilliant.

<3<3<3

Sammy's getting a tattoo! And I think that's going to get embroidered. Yup. For sure.

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    jacalata wrote: »
    counting the responses I can see in the thread since she said 19, we're at 27 now (including me). It's ON!

also, <3 David Tennant...

Eek, sorry, I haven't been updating the thread on that. My quarter ends next weekend so I'm in OMGWTFQBBQ writing mode (never mind the sewing of the snorlax and the baking of the cookies). We are indeed up to 26 prepaid tickets and I have confirmed with Lucky's that we have the min number of people for the private room. So, if you have prepaid you will meet me when you come in where I will have a list of your real names and then you will get a wristband. If you don't prepay (and people still totally can, will get me some extra miles XD) and will be eating you will be required to pay when you get there and you will get a wristband.

Everyone who prepays will get their name in the raffle for something pretty awesome, though I am sorry to say that it's not David Tennant. I'd feel weird raffling off sloppy seconds.

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • Options
    cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

its brilliant.

<3<3<3

Sammy's getting a tattoo! And I think that's going to get embroidered. Yup. For sure.

that actually looks a lot like a "zombie carebear" tattoo my sister has. lol.

Also, provided I haven't completely depleted my bank account by sunday, I'm all for mimosa's as well :D

cynthetic on
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yay, finally got confirmation from my boss that he's not making any PAX appointments for me, so I can go! Pre-paid. I know it's going to be my kind of gathering when everyone is hoping for a David Tennant raffle. <3

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Everyone who prepays will get their name in the raffle for something pretty awesome, though I am sorry to say that it's not David Tennant. I'd feel weird raffling off sloppy seconds.
    I'm sorry, now I've got everyone's hopes up.

It's actually Alan Rickman. ;)

Themiscyra on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • Options
    agony42agony42 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just found this meetup through the Hitchhiker's Guide to PAX East 2011 and I'd like to sign myself up! Hanging out without my husband and his guy friends sounds like a GREAT way to start the last day of the convention! :) This will be my first PAX, hopefully of many!

agony42 on
  • Options
    MangoChutneeMangoChutnee Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Themiscyra wrote: »

If I hadn't already prepaid for this event I would be clicking the button SO HARD right now. Looking forward to seeing all the girlies there!

MangoChutnee on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    clicking the button so hard. hee hee hee. dirty.

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    Mysterious Nut BreadMysterious Nut Bread Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just paid up and am looking forward to brunchies ! I am a newbie to PAX, though have done many SciFi cons over time. Will be staying with a friend on East Boston from Friday to Sunday. Any suggestions or assist for how not to get too overwhelmed ?

Mysterious Nut Bread on
  • Options
    Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Awww I'm interested in this but I really don't know anyone and I can't leave my bf behind lol

Kiss Me GoodBye on
    SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Awww I'm interested in this but I really don't know anyone and I can't leave my bf behind lol

I don't know anyone either (and I'm sure I'm not the only one.) Have you asked your boyfriend if he'd mind spending an hour or two apart so you can go to this? He might be glad you're getting so involved :) it's worth a shot at least.

cynthetic on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ok if I do this, is anyone staying in the Westin that I can hitch a ride with?? LoL

Kiss Me GoodBye on
    SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • Options
    slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It's less than a 10 minute walk from the convention center. You're not going to need a ride.

slamonella on
    Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just paid up and am looking forward to brunchies ! I am a newbie to PAX, though have done many SciFi cons over time. Will be staying with a friend on East Boston from Friday to Sunday. Any suggestions or assist for how not to get too overwhelmed ?

Yay, I'm so glad you'll be joining us. I recommend reading the First Time to Pax thread and getting involved in some community events (which you are!!). As for getting overwhelmed, just remember that going back to your hotel room and taking a break is always an option.
    Ok if I do this, is anyone staying in the Westin that I can hitch a ride with?? LoL

I actually don't know a lot of the girls who come to this event but always end up chatting my fool head off the entire time. Hell, Prime I ended up almost losing my voice from all the talking and I had my wedding reception that night. XD Anyway, it's just a good rule of thumb at PAX to talk to strangers, LOTS of them. In fact, if you start early maybe your BF will find some new buddies that he can hang out with while you come to the meetup.

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well anyway walking FROM the Westin we should have a meetup point in the lobby

Kiss Me GoodBye on
    SQUID
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    bought my tickets!

Kiss Me GoodBye on
    SQUID
  • Options
    LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is anyone else going solo? My fiancee is in the hospital and may not be able to make it to PAX now. =\ Last year was my first year and not that I'm nervous about going to a convention on my own, it's just more fun having someone to hang with. Since this brunch isn't until Sunday, I'm not going to know anyone.

LedaXI on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    LedaXI wrote: »
    Is anyone else going solo? My fiancee is in the hospital and may not be able to make it to PAX now. =\ Last year was my first year and not that I'm nervous about going to a convention on my own, it's just more fun having someone to hang with. Since this brunch isn't until Sunday, I'm not going to know anyone.

There's actually a whole thread dedicated to folks going solo on the forum. You might find someone extra to hang with there.

Edit: link http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=137085

zerzhul on
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    LedaXI wrote: »

I went to last Prime by myself. I was nervous at first, but I found I actually liked it better that way. I talked to more people and tried things/games I likely wouldn't have otherwise. At previous PAXes I didn't make friends that I kept after PAX was over. That time I did. Throw yourself at a couple of the community events and by the time we get to brunch on Sunday, you'll already recognize a couple of our faces.
    I'm doing it solo this time now too. I have roommates in my hotel room and I have both friends and family member attending, but I'm not going WITH any of them. This way I can wander around and do what I want, but if I run into someone, we can spend some time together.

All that said, if you want to meet up, you can bug me on Twitter. I think you already follow me :) (sewingpunzie)

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanks guys! I did post in the Going Solo thread just to get my name out there. It seems like I'm the only one brave/dumb(?) enough to drive to Boston. And I am following you already. A meet-up would be nice. :) I don't have a cell phone, but my laptop is attached to my hip and I check it 100 times a day. Hopefully the WiFi at the convention center will be up to par.

LedaXI on
  • Options
    slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This is my First PAX and I'm soloing as well. Don't worry, we've got your back :)

slamonella on
    Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    *files the Cthulhu-Bear picture away for future tattoo*

so are we going to have a meet up time before the brunch? I'm staying at the renaissance so i'm not concerned about walking there. but i have this knack for getting lost. everywhere. not joking. lol

Sammy on

• Options
    JamersJamers Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm liking this walking over meetup idea- anyone want to head out from Seaport with me? Even with my Android phone, I've been known to get lost going places... *blush*

Jamers on
  • Options
    SausageSausage FLRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Themiscyra wrote: »

Omg, I would die... yes please.

And for the record, this is my first PAX, I have a husband who I am forcing to get out of my hair for a little and I know no one so for all those people who think they are alone, you are not. I'm walking from the Intercontinental, but I'll have the man be my bodyguard on the way over and I figure once we're done and tipsy, a portion of us will be walking to the convention center for the "One of Us" panel and more good times shall be had.

Sausage on
    3DS: 2964-9827-0033
  • Options
    This-CatalystThis-Catalyst Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    cynthetic wrote: »

I don't know anyone either (and I'm sure I'm not the only one.) Have you asked your boyfriend if he'd mind spending an hour or two apart so you can go to this? He might be glad you're getting so involved :) it's worth a shot at least.

Yes, don't be shy. :)

I am an introvert of varying degrees, and am also ditching the boyfriend for a few hours. I think he'll enjoy having some time to run around the convention centre solo.

I'm sure there will be a lot to talk about, be it favourite panels or favourite Doctors.

This-Catalyst on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Definitely have to wear the Doctor Who skirt this day.

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Jamers wrote: »
    I'm liking this walking over meetup idea- anyone want to head out from Seaport with me? Even with my Android phone, I've been known to get lost going places... *blush*

I'm staying at Seaport and would be more than happy to walk with you. I also have an android and never know where I'm going. lol. Plus, my phone likes to not know where I am either, most of the time.

cynthetic on
  • Options
    DesdemoniaDesdemonia Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I'm staying at Seaport and would be more than happy to walk with you. I also have an android and never know where I'm going. lol. Plus, my phone likes to not know where I am either, most of the time.

I'm staying at the Seaport too! I'd love to walk over with you girls, if you don't mind. I was kind of counting on meeting someone I could walk over with, since I'm the only girl in the group I'm coming with, and a little iffy when it comes to following directions.

Desdemonia on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Desdemonia wrote: »

I'm staying at the Seaport too! I'd love to walk over with you girls, if you don't mind. I was kind of counting on meeting someone I could walk over with, since I'm the only girl in the group I'm coming with, and a little iffy when it comes to following directions.

This excites me! I too have an Android that likes to get lost... for instance I went to the gym today, and when I went to turn on Pandora to listen to some music, I discovered that somehow I'd been transported from the Jersey Shore to... Albuquerque? Go figure XD

Either way, three cheers for not getting lost in Boston by myself =)

Jamers on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

This excites me! I too have an Android that likes to get lost... for instance I went to the gym today, and when I went to turn on Pandora to listen to some music, I discovered that somehow I'd been transported from the Jersey Shore to... Albuquerque? Go figure XD

Ha! I was driving to a friend's house once, and before I left (because sprint nav is impossible to use while driving) I tried to get directions and my phone was telling me I was in Ohio...a state that I have never been in, nor even flown over... lol. I was a little irritated at having to call my friend for directions (especially since her first response was, "You don't have GPS?" lol.)

What time would you both like to meet in the lobby?

Add: Also, Jamers!!! We're on Team Red B Together! How did I miss that!? Awesome.

cynthetic on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

LOL I'm the same way and because I'm leaving the bf at the hotel/convention I don't feel comfortable walking through a city I don't know very well on my own lol

Kiss Me GoodBye on
    SQUID
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well anyway walking FROM the Westin we should have a meetup point in the lobby

i'm coming from the westin too! when should we meet up?

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    astillacastillac Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have no idea where I'm staying, but I want to walk over tooo.... basically I just don't want to miss any hijinks. xD

astillac on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Ha! I was driving to a friend's house once, and before I left (because sprint nav is impossible to use while driving) I tried to get directions and my phone was telling me I was in Ohio...a state that I have never been in, nor even flown over... lol. I was a little irritated at having to call my friend for directions (especially since her first response was, "You don't have GPS?" lol.)

What time would you both like to meet in the lobby?

Add: Also, Jamers!!! We're on Team Red B Together! How did I miss that!? Awesome.

Sweet deal! Team Red B is clearly the bestest, so I'm super excited to get silly with awesome people.

I'm thinking maybe we could meet in the Seaport lobby around 9:30? That gives us 10 minutes to harass anyone who oversleeps, as well as a nice buffer for getting lost shenanigans.

Anyone who wants to walk over from Seaport with us is more than welcome. I'll keep a list going just so I can have a rough guesstimate of how many people I need to look for
    Jamers
    cynthetic
    Desdemonia
    ruggrat

If anyone else wants in feel free to let me know and I'll add you on as I see you.

Jamers on