As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ds rumble pak help

tidytrevtidytrev Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Games and Technology
im looking to get a ds lite rumble pack and seen that the price for the official one is close to the price of a retail game.
now iv seen a few games that are bundled with a rumble pak but im a bit confused as to wich version is included (dslite or ds phat)
can anyone help?

tidytrev on

• Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    good question, i want one too.

already have a ds phat rumble pack

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Metroid Prime Pinball comes with a GBA-sized rumble pak, so it will stick out on Lites. You might be able to find it for $8-10.

The pak that you buy alone is made for the Lite, and fits ONLY the Lite.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PoochPooch Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    DS Phat is the only one available in the US. The Lite one is Japan only at the moment.

Pooch on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Vegan wrote:
    Metroid Prime Pinball comes with a GBA-sized rumble pak, so it will stick out on Lites. You might be able to find it for $8-10.

The pak that you buy alone is made for the Lite, and fits ONLY the Lite.

yup iv just googled metroid pinball and noticed that and def dont want the ds phat version but id rather find a game with free rumble than just go buy the rumble

tidytrev on
  • Options
    Spanky The DolphinSpanky The Dolphin Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Are the Lite rumble paks even available yet in the US? I've only seen it on sites like Play-Asia as an import...

EDIT: Nevermind, Pooch answered my question while I was posting.

Spanky The Dolphin on
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Pooch wrote:
    DS Phat is the only one available in the US. The Lite one is Japan only at the moment.

I'm sure he's talking about importing sites

thats where I'd expect to buy it from (or ebay)

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    iv found a few on ebay and a few rip off brands too but not sure if id trust it

tidytrev on
  • Options
    Spanky The DolphinSpanky The Dolphin Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    tidytrev wrote:
    iv found a few on ebay and a few rip off brands too but not sure if id trust it
    Definitely don't go with the knock offs: for all you know they could catch on fire. :P

Spanky The Dolphin on
  • Options
    Lew ZealandLew Zealand Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    If it makes you feel any better, the rumble pak is kind of crap. Well, the phat version is. I imagine the lite version is the same.

I don't understand why they didn't use the same rumble technology used in the Drill Dozer game. And if they did use the same tech, I wonder what went horribly wrong. The rumble in Drill Dozer is great.

Lew Zealand on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    yeah i just read some play asia reviews that say the pak makes more noise than it does rumble ,bummer.

well if it caught fire maybe thatd distract from the noise

tidytrev on