As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The End of Days

Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in Social Entropy++
dead-birds-louisiana--001.jpg

evil_bird.JPG

k1GxK.jpg

Raa9Y.jpg
Birds dropping dead from the skies and rivers flowing with tens of thousands of dead fish sounds like a cheesy Hollywood movie about the Apocalypse. Or the ravings of a Revelation-obsessed street preacher.

But residents of several US states are coping with the reality of mystery mass wildlife deaths, which have left officials scratching their heads and jumpy members of the public joking (nervously) about the end of the world.

Today it emerged that about 500 red-winged blackbirds and starlings had been found dead in Louisiana. Their tiny corpses littered a short stretch of highway near the city of Labarre after apparently falling dead from the sky.

That would be spooky enough. But the Louisiana bird die-off came just a few days after up to 5,000 blackbirds fell to earth in neighbouring Arkansas in the small town of Beebe. Residents there had reported stumbling upon the bodies littering the ground and even being hit by them as they fell. One woman said she was struck while walking a dog. Another avian corpse bounced off a police car.

In even more grim news, anglers and other members of the public reported that more than 80,000 drum fish had suddenly died in the state's Arkansas river, about 100 miles west of Beebe. The silvery bodies of the fish floated in the river and washed up on its sides having died at roughly the same time. In another incident, hundreds of miles away on the Maryland coast of Chesapeake Bay, tens of thousands of dead fish also washed up on the shore.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/jan/04/apocalypse-mystery-bird-deaths-louisiana
Growing Number of Dead Birds and Fish

At this time, there is growing concern that the numbers of dead birds and fish may point to environmental factors that may soon affect other species. Currently there are about 500 dead birds in Louisiana, 5,000 birds in Arkansas as well as reports of numerous dead birds in Kentucky.
Roughly 100,000 dead fish are littering the shores of the Arkansas River and the dying marine life in Chesapeake Bay is measured in the tens of thousands. While overly cold water and perhaps diseases are being blamed for the fish deaths, loud noises from fireworks are thought to be the culprits for the bird deaths.
Theories suggest that the birds got startled by the loud sounds, flew off their roosts in the dark, collided with objects and died from blunt force trauma.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20110104/us_ac/7528340_dead_birds_and_fish_in_arkansas_kentucky_and_louisiana

Who wants to get an end of days orgy going?

58pwo4vxupcr.png
Macro9 on

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ME
    I DO

Antimatter on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    2012 is coming you guys

did you see this documentary
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcpCUh3djoI

#pipe on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    man that is pretty creepy

driving down the road

dead birds just falling out of the sky and peppering your car

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I was foretold you guys
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4AN4bvR-lo

Don't you know that people who didn't even know about Uranus or Neptune know more about evil death from space than us ignorant modern godless heathens?

#pipe on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    WAR_LordofChange.jpg

Weaver on
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Is it possible to call dibs on somebody during doomsday orgies?

Because I'd really like to have dibs on #pipe.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    damn that is a lot of dead wildlife

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    deepcrow_poster.jpg

Weaver on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I wish GW would just hire Mythic artists to do their codex art from now on instead of going back to 1980-whatever to fill up their codexes and army books.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    #pipe wrote: »
    Don't you know that people who didn't even know about Uranus or Neptune know more about evil death from space than us ignorant modern godless heathens?

ARE YOU SERIOUS

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Obviously the alignment of chemtrails is being superfocused by Nibiru's gravitational pull.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I was kinda freaked out this morning when I woke up. There were two crows sitting on the ledge outside the window next to my bed. They were squawking a bunch so I looked out the blind.

Their bodies were facing towards the inside and both of them were looking at me. They just kept squawking away. I watched them for a few minutes.

I started to think that Odin was watching me, or that perhaps I was Odin.

Then I masturbated.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Heh heh.

Uranus.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    somebody activated Xenu's trap card

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    damn that is a lot of dead wildlife

it isn't really.

it seems like a lot but it's not.

Hell there's spots out here where there'll be 500 birds in a single tree.

#pipe on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Someone say something about free orgy?

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Macro, would you like to be a GOD?

EidolonOrpheus on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    totally gonna get in on an end of days orgy

hopefully those actually happen in 2012

something to look forward to that year

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »

ARE YOU SERIOUS

I'm talking about the Mayans. The guys who supposedly predicted death from space.

Neptune and Uranus are not observable with the naked eye so they didn't know about them.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    countdown to somebody on TV tries to make an at&t dropped call/dropped birds joke

Weaver on
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Was waiting for this thread.

Probably freak weather fucking up the birds, no idea what the fuck the fish thing is about but we'll find out in a week or so maybe

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    my cat is totally freaking out right now.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I'm sure it beats masturbating with two Crows gawking at me.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Macro9 wrote: »
    I was kinda freaked out this morning when I woke up. There were two crows sitting on the ledge outside the window next to my bed. They were squawking a bunch so I looked out the blind.

Their bodies were facing towards the inside and both of them were looking at me. They just kept squawking away. I watched them for a few minutes.

I started to think that Odin was watching me, or that perhaps I was Odin.

Then I masturbated.

macro you're a treasure

incidentally now i'm probably gonna get a noise complaint

and i'll start worrying about the end of days once the dead birds falling from the sky are replaced by live cows

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Excellent. Now give me your eye.

EidolonOrpheus on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Was waiting for this thread.

Probably freak weather fucking up the birds, no idea what the fuck the fish thing is about but we'll find out in a week or so maybe

could be a million things. A stretch of bad weather fucking up the food cycle, a natural gas bubble seeping out of the ground, some kind of pesticide/chemical accident

just plain old disease

unexplained does not equal unexplainable.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    This morning I was hearing what sounded kinda like a bird call from my window, but didn't sound like any bird I've ever heard in my life, so I thought it was somebody fucking around outside just making noises, but it went on for over ten minutes, and looking around outside I saw both no people making dumb noises and no birds.

But then I had to leave so I just shrugged it off.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    totally gonna get in on an end of days orgy

hopefully those actually happen in 2012

something to look forward to that year

There was some hullabaloo at the end of 79.

My aunt and uncle met at a doomsday orgy.

My cousin was conceived that night.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    SILENCE WILL FALL

Antimatter on
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The fish thing happened to a specific type of fish and therefore is most likely a disease of some sort (this happens a lot, but this large a scale is rare)

The birds probably got spooked overnight by the storm (nearby lightning strike?), took off from where they were sleeping shocked and confused and flew themselves into the ground/trees/each other (this happens A LOT - and some trees hold thousands of birds at once)

they are both unrelated

done next

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    You'd think that it would be California or Massachusetts; one of the heathen states.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    oh shit

i just noticed that searching on the forums has been disabled

it must be the end of days

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    sorry I mean that the most likely situation is that it is a sign from the lizard man god

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    The fish thing happened to a specific type of fish and therefore is most likely a disease of some sort (this happens a lot, but this large a scale is rare)

The birds probably got spooked overnight by the storm (nearby lightning strike?), took off from where they were sleeping shocked and confused and flew themselves into the ground/trees/each other (this happens A LOT - and some trees hold thousands of birds at once)

they are both unrelated

done next

thank you

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

But I only have one left.

Would you take a testicle or kidney instead?

Although I guess knowledge comes at a price.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Pipe I am going to kick your ass

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Tasteticle wrote: »

they are both unrelated

done next

I don't think anyone on here is foolish enough to believe these events are supernatural in nature.

We just trying to have fun, son.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011

But I only have one left.

Would you take a testicle or kidney instead?

Although I guess knowledge comes at a price.

What? Fine. I'll take a testicle. After planting it in the soil of Asgard, a tree shall grow, and the fruit this tree shall bear, shall be your progeny, a new race of gods.

EidolonOrpheus on