As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Best ISP for Toronto/GTA Area

finnithfinnith ...TorontoRegistered User regular
edited January 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey H/A,

I was pretty unhappy with Primus' service before but now that I don't get unlimited bandwidth from them I'm not sure it's worth it anymore. I've had some people from this forum say that Teksavvy is pretty good. Are there any other goods ISP's? Primus is offering 25GB of Bandwidth a month for $34.99.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
Steam: CavilatRest
finnith on

• Options
    KryptykSolKryptykSol Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    another vote for teksavvy, they have been pretty good to deal with. They also know their stuff, I've actually had the generic tech dudes there help me with a problem, as opposed to just reading from a script like a braindead monkey (rogers, I'm looking at you)

KryptykSol on
  • Options
    vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    25GB for $35??? That's god-awful. I'm with TekSavvy, I've never had a bad support experience the few times I've had to call, and they're offering unlimited DSL in Ontario for $5 more than what you're paying now. Or you could pay less money and have a 200GB cap. That's just DSL, which is currently limited to 5Mbps in Ontario (or at least that's the best DSL speed they can currently offer in that area). TakSavvy also started reselling cable recently, so if you're willing to pay for it you can get far higher maximum speeds (10 or 15 Mbps) for somewhat more money per month. Personally I'd love to try TekSavvy's cable offerings, but the prices and caps offered where I live (Quebec) are not at all enticing because the service they're reselling (Videotron) is retarded expensive. Whether you go cable or DSL, I don't think you'd go wrong with TekSavvy.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer