As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] This is a civilian thread. You're lucky we're wearing pants.

• Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm watching the ps3 comic videos. Is there only a vanderloo/male version? I ask because I'm not sure how a girl shep would pick who they romanced in ME1.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm pretty sure there would have to be a female version.

Dragkonias on
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    -Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Somehow this version of the comic just seems incredibly superior.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
    edited January 2011
    probably because she makes all the right choices this time

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
    edited January 2011
    she killed wrex :/

Alucard6986 on
  • DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    2 threads wha.

Deaderinred on
    edited January 2011
    she killed wrex :/

all the right choices

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I refer you to the 2nd bingo card in the OP

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah...the mods need to close the other one before more confusion starts.

Dragkonias on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    How the fuck do you kill all three YMIR bots on the N7 mission? On Insanity. As a Soldier.

joshgotro on
  • envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    joshgotro wrote: »
    How the fuck do you kill all three YMIR bots on the N7 mission? On Insanity. As a Soldier.

the rocket launcher! That way you can lure them one at a time and save all the crates!!

envoy1 on
    edited January 2011
    The Cain? You can also lure them towards you one-by-one by using the missile launcher from around the corner.
    -Tal wrote: »
    all the right choices

Liara over Kaidan, eh?
    Spoit wrote: »
    I refer you to the 2nd bingo card in the OP

:lol:

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
    edited January 2011
    Without Rockets?

joshgotro on
    edited January 2011
    Liara over Kaidan has been retconned into the correct choice after ME2

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
    edited January 2011
    Without Rockets?

Well...if you're not trying to cheese it.

I usually stay by the crates near the entrance. Shoot at one(the others won't come towards you unless you shoot them) and take them down one by one.

Dragkonias on
    edited January 2011
    And all those tastefully erotic anti-manscaping pictures in the last thread, Tal. Does the Official Kaidan Support Thread know of your treachery? :o
    Without Rockets?

You're a soldier. Grab that sweetass assault rifle in one hand and that sweetass sniper rifle in the other, pop inferno/disruptor as the situation warrants, and roll through two minutes of slow motion. Bring some anti-armor/anti-shield squadmates, and don't worry about the crates - I think it was only like 100 credits per crate saved.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
    edited January 2011
    Yeah. You just get more money for saving more crates. But the different is pretty insignificant and it's basically bragging rights more than anything.

Dragkonias on
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    d9b30d8e7ef50b628d28867624170eaaab5ce92d.jpg

Dox the PI on
    edited January 2011
    I don't get it...that has nothing to do with Shadow Broker.

Dragkonias on
    edited January 2011
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Yeah. You just get more money for saving more crates. But the different is pretty insignificant and it's basically bragging rights more than anything.

I really just want it grayed out in the Journal.

joshgotro on
    edited January 2011
    I presume it's the Shadow Broker's cliffnotes on them.

Alucard6986 on
    edited January 2011
    But everyone's cliff-notes were generally entertaining and not lame like that comic.

Dragkonias on
  • BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The geth have to be destroyed, just sayin

Botznoy on
    IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    wrex

shepard

at least he got that part right

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think it would be relevant to the Shadow Broker that Jacob bleeds abs.

jackisreal on
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So I just played through Mass Effect on pc, but since I'm getting 2 on ps3 I'll have a chance to change some of my choices thanks to the comic.
    I let the Rachnii Queen live. I assume this was a stupid thing to do?

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    edited January 2011
    DeMoN wrote: »
    So I just played through Mass Effect on pc, but since I'm getting 2 on ps3 I'll have a chance to change some of my choices thanks to the comic.

Not if you want to ride against the Reapers on your awesome Rachni Queen mount while wearing a cowboy hat and carrying two six-shooters in ME3.

Dragkonias on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wait, so does the Xbox/PS3 version have those really long unskippable cutscenes from the demo? Cause fuck that noise.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    edited January 2011
    ...Most of the cutscenes/dialogue in ME2 is skippable as far as I know.

Dragkonias on
  • arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So my friend seems to think that the 360 version is getting the comic as well.

Truth or lies?

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    DeMoN wrote: »
    I liked alot of my decisions from my firs run-through.
    Rachnii Queen lives, Kaiden becomes a hero (dies), romance Liara (this one can go either way given the character development Ashley goes through, I felt no strong preference and ended up playing with Liara in my squad alot more as Infiltrator), Wrex lives, council dies, Thorian creeper lady lives, corrupt dude... on that one planet is incarcerated, now I'm starting to forget what is relevant... of yeah! Conrad lives because I was an ass to him... I think, and some other minor ones that mostly went paragon.
    Given what Shepard knows at the time, I think they're mostly justifiable decisions. What you learn about the Rachnii and their history in ME1 leads to a pretty logical conclusion. But I never had a problem defying the council for the good of the universe. (I did grant the council the honor of sacrificing themselves to save countless innocents as was their duty at the end of ME1, they turned out to be true heroes in the end - maybe not the most entertaining metagame decision, but a solid one nonetheless)

And the internet provides us with a multitude of save files to import if we want to try something else out without replaying ME1.

Vicktor on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wait, so does the Xbox/PS3 version have those really long unskippable cutscenes from the demo? Cause fuck that noise.

It's...schizophrenic. Some cutscenes are skippable, others aren't. Notably, the entire initial cutscene leading up to the first non-combat sequence isn't skippable.

Once you get past that, most cutscenes are skippable.

Orca on
  • lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So this is the paragon thead, right? I don't want to have to reload an earlier save.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This is the paragon with renegade interrupts thread.

EDIT: Even TOTP out of context, this post is relevant.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's as paragon as only a gathering of hateful xenophobic wannabe Knights Templar can be.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Jedi_BoiJedi_Boi Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm playing as a Paragon right now, but the amount of opportunities to gain free renegade points through conversations and interrupts in glorious.

Jedi_Boi on
    i.imgur.com/DG7Jj7H.jpg
    Godspeed, Ironsides.
    edited January 2011
    Orca wrote: »

It's...schizophrenic. Some cutscenes are skippable, others aren't. Notably, the entire initial cutscene leading up to the first non-combat sequence isn't skippable.

Once you get past that, most cutscenes are skippable.

Also the departure cutscene from Illium, which annoys me every time.

If you're not on PC and cannot thus edit out the intro movies, I hope you're not Pancake-OCD about faces.
    arcath wrote: »
    So my friend seems to think that the 360 version is getting the comic as well.

Truth or lies?

Cerberus Network, so everyone is getting it (unless they bought it used).

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Neat.

chiasaur11 on
  • Lenore03Lenore03 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I havn't played the first game but I'm getting ME2 on the PS3. Is there some sorta synopsis of the first game on the net, without spoilers for the second game. I don't expect the included comic on the PS3 version to be enough to capture everything from the first game.

Lenore03 on