As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halo Reach || Daily Challenge: Post in The New Thread, This One Is Done

• Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Nocren wrote: »
    Its a long but.... Anyone have a version of my old map Magik?
    Apparently I had it saved on my memory stick that DIDN'T survive a trip through the washing machine...

In other news I have another new map that I need some help with (my usual request for weapon/player spawns) and get some feed back on what you guys think for different gametypes.

Well, look at that, I had it in my file share!

Thank god...

So who wants to help me test/build a couple of maps a later on?

I am willing, but probably not able until later tonight.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I'm a bit confused with bungie.net...when I take screenshots in-game and upload them and then delete them later they're no longer in File Share but still exist in "Recent Screenshots".

How long do screenshots stay in "Recent Screenshots" because they're no longer accessible online?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I'm a bit confused with bungie.net...when I take screenshots in-game and upload them and then delete them later they're no longer in File Share but still exist in "Recent Screenshots".

How long do screenshots stay in "Recent Screenshots" because they're no longer accessible online?

Beats me. Nice that we can 'fake' having a larger fileshare, though.

I posted my map to forgehub: http://www.forgehub.com/forum/testers-guild/122932-siege-dioscar.html

Hope it gets selected for testing, I bet 1-Flag isn't the most popular gametype.

e: Fyre, you should redirect that domain to a video of a baby holding a BR and bawling on loop, also where are the challenges on FTZ obama

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have a "recent" screenshots on bungie.net from September 19, 2010. I have no idea if they clear them out after a certain amount of time, or they just save the last 15 screenshots or so.

Also, weekly update is up.
    http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=31045

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Running Riot? Daily?

*loads Living Dead*

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So for those of you wondering why I'm currently playing Rock Band 3... I'm downloading the Defiant pack and if I play Reach, the download stops.

Edit: pack downloaded! Let's shoot some dudes!

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The tennis ball thing I mentioned:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0__0nL9Lek

Willeth on
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm starting to like this game more and more. I don't know what it is. I think it's the fact that the MLG settings are great (blah blah MLG sucks yeah yeah) and that I've learned to live with bloom.

I also LOVE the AR now. It's my favorite gun. It's so much fun. I'm very happy with the new arena settings.

What displeases me about regular Team Slayer is how often it just ends up being slayer pro or team DMRs.

I feel that I should buy the new maps. Highlands (that's the BTB one, right?) looks like good old fashioned halo fun.

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I vastly prefer Slayer Pro over Slayer DMR. Especially in Rumble Pit.

No radar means I can pluck kills from the hands of pre-occupied enemies, and just by practicing a little situational awareness you can avoid the same thing from happening to you.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    So we had some good games tonight, and I learned a few things (apparently I sound like Fyre? O.o) but tomorrow I would like some help Forging my new map. The geometry's done but I need some help with weapons/spawns.

And maybe tweaking it for oddball/koth/ctf.

Edit: ok maybe one of you more technical minded gents can tell me this but, I don't seem to recall ever having to do a title update for Reach when I started playing at my dad's this week. Is it possible I can save the Defiant pack to my memory stick and bring it over to my brother's place and play them? (remember that he doesn't have Internet but he is using my old system (however I know that Defiant is tied to my dad's console, but my gamertag.))

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    As of right now, the Bungie Pro service has been scaled down to a 6 month offering available for 320 Microsoft points. While I’d love to chalk the change up to the kindness of our tiny, coal black hearts, the reality is that we’re nearing the phase where the technical stuff we need to Bungie Pro support will be outside of our control, and since Bungie Pro isn’t a Halo-specific feature, but rather a Bungie.net offering, we want to make sure that you aren’t sold a product we can’t properly maintain and manage.

If you’re doing math in your head right now in order to nail down some details about our official transition dates, I can save you some time and tell you that we’ll let you know all the gory details as soon as we can.

I wonder if this means that we'll have to get 343 Pro or something.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    More like No-pro. Fyre, 343 isn't bungie. They do not Fucking give a fuck. And that's why the halo remake will suck.

Also, I'm going to have to just hunker down and go buy another copy of reach. It's nowhere to be found.

Sad panda is still sad.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    More like No-pro. Fyre, 343 isn't bungie. They do not Fucking give a fuck. And that's why the halo remake will suck.

Also, I'm going to have to just hunker down and go buy another copy of reach. It's nowhere to be found.

Sad panda is still sad.

Don't forget it's available "On Demand" now if you don't ever plan on selling or trading it in.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Sad panda is still sad.

Don't forget it's available "On Demand" now if you don't ever plan on selling or trading it in.

ya for 60$? pass.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Sad panda is still sad.

ya for 60$? pass.

I didn't say it was a good deal I just said it was there. :P

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I played some Reach today and wrecked some shit with a random in 3-ball on Multi-team. I might upload that game with some commentary later since it was awesome. I've never had a random who didn't have a mic rock the objective like that.

I was disappointed the first map pack didn't get knocked down to half price, but such is life.

Magell on
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So we had some good games tonight, and I learned a few things (apparently I sound like Fyre? O.o) but tomorrow I would like some help Forging my new map. The geometry's done but I need some help with weapons/spawns.

Edit: ok maybe one of you more technical minded gents can tell me this but, I don't seem to recall ever having to do a title update for Reach when I started playing at my dad's this week. Is it possible I can save the Defiant pack to my memory stick and bring it over to my brother's place and play them? (remember that he doesn't have Internet but he is using my old system (however I know that Defiant is tied to my dad's console, but my gamertag.))

It should work like other xbox live content. You can play offline only if you use the console key it's tied to. If you can connect to xbox live, it doesn't matter what console you use, as long as you use the gamertag it was purchased under.

For the record, I haven't tried it with the Reach maps.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

You won't be able to do this. You would if he had Internet access, or if you took the console that you downloaded them on.

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    So is there an actual Halo 3/ODST/Reach "Save" or is all your progress saved to your gamertag? I'm going over to a relative's in a bit and we're probably gonna do some splitscreen amd I want to bring all my progress with me...but I don't see a Reach save file.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    So is there an actual Halo 3/ODST/Reach "Save" or is all your progress saved to your gamertag? I'm going over to a relative's in a bit and we're probably gonna do some splitscreen amd I want to bring all my progress with me...but I don't see a Reach save file.

Your save file is your campaign progress, but everything else is saved either to your profile itself or to the Bungie servers. You don't need to bring anything but your Gamertag.

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm going to see if i can score a used copy of reach for a decent price. I'm getting the shakes already. I NEED MY HALOS.
    yes, I think I have an issue.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I've purchased 3 copies Vis.
    (myself and 2 gifts)
    You're in good company.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    ya, i found one for 45$ used so its not great but not bad either.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    That was one of the greatest Forge sessions I've ever been invited to.

Also

http://www.halo4sucks.com <-- updated

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Shit like this is why I don't miss server lists whilst playing Halo.

ueIzo.jpg

Yep, that's someone renting around 10 servers to use the server browser as a fucking advertisement.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    And I thought I was loose with money....

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    That was one of the greatest Forge sessions I've ever been invited to.

Also

http://www.halo4sucks.com <-- updated

You guys were going at it pretty late (early?) last night. I was playing the campaign on legendary at 3:30 pacific and you were still on. Not that I have any idea where you guys live.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Rat is in Utah, I'm in Nebraska, don't know where Dimo lives. But I also currently wake up at 11pm-1am and sleep from about .. 2 hours from now?

Also if anyone still wants to go for some Halo 2 achievements

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1061428

this guy is trying for it, and I'm idling in his lobby to contribute a qualifying body to the effort (you need at least 4 people in the game for it to count), so if you want Rainman and Violent Cartographer, you can just join me and idle.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    New Weekly: 24 Daily Challenges

You can miss 4 challenges this entire week.

tl;dr if you start going for it on Wednesday it's too late.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    At least today's dailies are pretty easy. I hope we can expect an easy week.

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Also now I am strongly considering renting a Halo 2 Vista server. It'd have to be both PA/HBO to be viable though.

I could rig up the playlist with all the gametypes that I like and just let it go into autopilot.

I don't think I could host it off my connection. edit: okay i might have to, I'm not actually sure companies are renting H2V servers anymore.

Definitely need a separate box to host it off of, otherwise I can't play on the server myself.

edit: okay I just checked. Apparently the only company left that sells H2V servers wants 104$ a month. Guess it's time to start looking into building a spare server box.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    TikhonTikhon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ...Is there an active H2V community? (I assume not.) I didn't really get into Halo about the time there was that contest for being the last person to ever play Halo 2 on Xbox live.

I would so buy H2V if it mean I could play it online with peepels.

Tikhon on
    cockman.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Question:
    Does H2V work well in Win7?
    I have no real reason to actually play the game again except for achievements but maybe multiplayer could be fun.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Perfectly fine.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Question:
    Does H2V work well in Win7?
    I have no real reason to actually play the game again except for achievements but maybe multiplayer could be fun.

7 is very similar to Vista behind the scenes so you should be good.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I finally broke down for the Defiant pack. Question! Does any map/game variant of Highlands actually have a falcon/banshee present? Or is the trailer just full of baloney

Theodore Floosevelt on
    f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Not in matchmaking, can be forged in

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    What's the cheapest one could buy Windows Vista these days? Tempted to get it just so I can play Halo 2 on my iMac.

(I had a spare Business copy around the office whose key wasn't being used but for the life of my I don't know what happened to it.)

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Probably the same price for 7, so just get 7.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    So, I managed to play some FF on the new map... Wow is it BIG. Lots of room to use that hog in. And the skybox is gorgeous. (also like the little touch of calling the company/crane "BXR")

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg