As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arkham Horror] Like Jumanji with Cthulhu.

SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGamingRegistered User regular
edited January 2011 in Critical Failures
So I have heard such good things, that I decided to order

arkham-horror.jpg

It's on it's way! I've played Catan and Risk and some Risk variants before, but nothing like this before! It sounds awesome. So let's see what's inside thi--
Arkham_Horror_2005_full_game.jpg

Holy shit!!!

So people more experienced than I in the ways of rolling dice to prevent horrible horrible face melting sanity loss and being devoured by creatures unimaginable from the stars above, what tales can you give me of humorous times you have played this game, or what advice can you give my group of players playing this for the first time?

SniperGuy on

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Advice is usually going to run along the lines of 1) Be patient. Your first game will take far longer than whatever time it says on the box. Play with Yig for your first game, he's fast. And 2) Read the rules, all of them, the entire booklet. Maybe read it again. Then play a single player game to get used to the rules. You only really need 1 person to know the rules really well, and it will make the first game go MUCH smoother.

There's a lot of goddamn rules.

It's not a super complicated game in terms of strategic depth or whatnot, it's more 'inch deep, mile wide' kind of thing.

Once you've got the rules down, just play it and don't worry too much about winning.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    A bookkeeping app for idevices was recently released. I would recommend playing a couple times before looking into it.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman