As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Music

Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
edited February 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So I have been kind of lazy with music recently, about 2 years ago I started to broaden my musical interests...which ended up in me just listening to Indie Rock. Anyways I went to Korea for a year and got back in September, completely disregarding all new music for that entire time. Did I miss any big indie rock? I tried to pick up some of the big stuff like Arcade Fire and The Decemberists.

Now more importantly, I want to get more into other genres of music. I should start by saying that I hate most of what I hear of the radio, most rock on rock stations, and all country ever. According to itunes my most listened to music is Ra Ra Riot, The Most Serene Republic, TV on the Radio, Radiohead, Grizzly Bear, The Dodos, MGMT, Menomona, Beirut, The National. Stuff like that is what I listen to almost all the time, although I do enjoy The Protomen and Trail of Dead.

Now with that I want to listen to different music also, I was quite impressed by the soundtrack to Brutal Legend so I am going to use that as a starting point. I am not even quite sure what the intent of this thread is, I just want to see some music I might not have considered I guess. There is just so much music out there I am going to miss the majority of it if I just use pandora or whatever.

Also I was impressed by some underground rap I guess, but most rap to me is pretty boring and standard, not creative and not for me. I am not opposed to anything popular, just has to sound good.

Fizban140 on