As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Skullgirls - PC release confirmed

1171819202123»

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    PC Beta available for those eligible now. Check your e-mails!

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Wait, I thought Stanley and Big Brass made it in?

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Its jusy the beta.

Also no stanley for full game :(

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Squigly, Big Band, Eliza, and Beowulf.

So, I tried the demo on my MacBook. Soon as I enter a battle, the whole game slows to an intolerable crawl.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    My laptop can't even play Jamestown, I'll give it a shot Monday.

I got a hitbox nine months ago for dis shit.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    I'm fighting through the slowdown to play more Squigly. Might look for some other computer to install it on.

Anyway, Squigly's combos are kinda strange. I am happy, though, that I actually found one that combos into Daisy Pusher (The Blockbuster where she buries the enemy above the screen). You can't do it when they're being hit normally, but you can combo into it when they're in a dizzy state from her "GET OVER HERE" drag special.

By the way, I just want to say that Leviathan's voice is just... the best.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    So, it's been a while since I played Skullgirls. I had to remove it from my PS3 to make room for other games.

tl;dr - does this mean the new characters are available on the consoles now?

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    So, it's been a while since I played Skullgirls. I had to remove it from my PS3 to make room for other games.

tl;dr - does this mean the new characters are available on the consoles now?
    Not yet. Squigly still has animations that need cleaning up, though her gameplay is pretty much set. Once she's fully done, she'll show up on consoles.

I hope it's not too long. The beta runs great on my machine, but it turns out that the PS3 version of the TE stick has a unique problem with my usb ports, so I have to use a pad or shell out for another stick. As a Peacock player, the pad is a no-go, and I'd rather wait than spend that kind of money.

ContentContext on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Would be nice for a easy option that lets you choose which controller/keyboard is what player.

Maybe that would fix some of the weird menu shenannigans, like if you've got a controller hooked up as well, some menus will only operate on the controller, some will only operate via the keyboard.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    So.... the netcode is excellent.

Maybe I'll actually sit down and learn this game.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    Squigly has some deceptively powerful combos, I think.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    When is this getting out of beta into regular PC release?

I wouldn't mind getting some practice in before the game hits arcades here in Japan.

• Options
    Another month, at least. This beta release is a test for the PC version of the game as a whole, and for Squigly, in particular.

Speaking of Squigly, I've found what I think is a decent partner for her. Peacock. Peacock's impressive ranged game covers for a lot of Squigly's shortcomings.

Also, they can both be made monochrome.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    It's up for preorder on Steam right now

Eeeeek :D

Oh brilliant