Options

League of Legends. Where we play this online game when the servers work

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Don't like Rylai's on him. His only single-target is W which roots for longer than the slow duration anyway so you get nothing.

I think Mallet might be the way to go. You really want ways of keeping people around until sapling and W finally come off cooldown.

or I dunno. maybe Nidalee's ability to just do what she wants to people has ruined me for other champs.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    well when you discredit tournys, of course your point will stand

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Ledneh wrote: »
    I hate these one-word refutes like 'what' and 'No.'

speak your goddamned minds, people

I said what i said because i watch a lot of casts of tournament games in HoN, because there are a lot of tournaments. officially. with sponsors. also, a lot of sponsored teams. there are a handful in LoL that I know of. I also find the games pretty boring to watch. only reason i do is to try and learn more about the game.

LoL has had what... like 1? with the 2nd going on currently. i'm not counting things like, the reddit tourny.

by all means, if you disagree with this statement, tell us why.

No I just wanted you (and Pip) to explain yourselves, I don't agree, disagree, or care

(I WOULD like to know how the hell anyone can play HoN when it's just about impossible to see what's going on, but that's another story)

Ledneh on
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I said what i said because i watch a lot of casts of tournament games in HoN, because there are a lot of tournaments. officially. with sponsors. also, a lot of sponsored teams. there are a handful in LoL that I know of. I also find the games pretty boring to watch. only reason i do is to try and learn more about the game.

LoL has had what... like 1? with the 2nd going on currently. i'm not counting things like, the reddit tourny.

You have to count the reddit tourny, if you are going to count sponsered HoN tournies.

Draygo on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    It depends. Junglers should definitely keep pace with the sidelanes. Good/fast junglers, especially if they don't gank (or pull off successful ganks) can keep pace with the solos early game.

junglers should be able to hit lvl 4 and finish their first clear when side lanes are lvl 3. if you can't manage this with your junglers, then they are not good junglers, or somehow you've got a horrible rune/mastery build for them.

Or you just don't have your rune sheet full yet on weaker junglers.

I need to be more aggressive with my jungling. I realized recently that even when the enemy team has no jungler, I still stick to my side of the jungle, I really need to start jungling in the enemy jungle more often in those cases.

Absolutely.

My no enemy jungle WW jungle path is:
    Blue to Mini golems (level 4)
    Check for gank: yes/ no
    Enemy blue + wolf
    Check for gank: yes/no
    Friendly wraths / wolves
    Back for boots + razor
    Do friendly blue
    Check for top / mid gank, steal red, or dragon. Do the others after whatever I choose.

I really hope to have a kill before dragoning, but it's not always possible.

your no enemy jungle ww path should be mini golems, wolves, blue, check to make sure all lanes are okay, enemy mini golems, enemy red, check to see if all lanes are okay, your wolves, your mini golems, enemy blue, enemy wolves, check to see if all lanes are okay, your mini golems, your red, back

by that point you'll have completed a near circuit without wasting as much time hoofing and taking advantage of respawn times

either way starting at minigolems is optimal as ww. you should be doing blue with both your q and w because you'll have much, much more hp when finished with it. and by the time you're done with blue minigolems will have popped again

Rent on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Anyone notice that for the first time in a while, champions are on a sale for RP, not IP. Most sales are for skins, right?

So, right after they put a massive decrease in IP earnings they decrease the cost for RP.

Hmm, a method to gain more RP purchases?

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ryze tech ahoy:
    "VMan7 wrote:
    Seriously. I can't believe how much I love this hero now. The most effective build is almost zero AP - you scale it entirely off of mana.

"But VMan! Why is this a good thing? I feel really weak without having 700 AP!"

Here's why:

Because of your Q and W scaling with mana and not AP - you can grab entirely defensive items and still have amazing damage - SUSTAINED damage while being tanky. Frozen Heart and Banshee's Veil - two items that are extremely defensive and give a surplus amount of mana - are now core on Ryze. Frozen Heart gives +50/25 damage to Q and W, and Banshee's Veil gives +37/19ish to your Q/W. These two items + Merc treads will give you over 160 armor and over 110 magic resist, while buffing your mana pool and giving you an amazing defensive aura and shield.

Do not get boots of lucidity. It's a noob trap. With Heart + Q max, you're at 30% CDR, and a blue pot will put you at the cap (Or blue buff as well).

Building and runing Ryze you'll have over 5k mana:

Merc Treads
    Banshee's Veil
    Frozen Heart
    Rod of Ages
    Manamune
    Void Staff

"Whoa whoa whoa VMan. Manamune over Archangel Staff?"

Yes. AP is virtually useless on Ryze now. The reason why you'll want a Manamune is because you'll have +100 AD by level 18 with full items, vs 150 AP - The thing is the Archangels isn't as useful because your huge pool IS your mana "regen," plus your only AP is from void staff and RoA - 160 ap.
    Edit: Manamune is for taking down towers and to split up your damage when you're not casting spells against people who've stacked MR against you. You don't need the 25 mp/5 that Archangel gives you.

Constantly churning out 700ish Overloads on a 2.1s cooldown is ******ed.

The only thing is that Ryze's new ult active is bad (15% vamp... should scale with level (15/20/25, or 15/25/35), the AoE isn't that useful) and spell flux is now a 1 point wonder, only to get your Q off cooldown (Suggestion is to make spell flux have 2.5% or 5% of your mana delt in damage as well).

Either way I'm happy with the new Ryze.

Zoelef on
  • Options
    LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    i wish high level LoL wasn't so passive.

HoN is pretty exciting all game.

at least on the competative scene. then again, LoL doesn't truely have a competative scene yet.

what

These People Beg To Differ

Lunysgwen on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Draygo wrote: »
    You have to count the reddit tourny, if you are going to count sponsered HoN tournies.
    Isn't Riot sponsoring the Reddit tournament, though? And the prize is rewarded in RP instead of real money?

Not exactly the same thing.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Draygo wrote: »

ok, they've done 2 or 3? i don't remember. so there. i still don't think that the competative scene is fleshed out for LoL, even counting that sort of thing. it would be cool if it took off, it just seems like larger sponsors that run tourneys for other games just haven't really picked up LoL yet.

I still like watching HoN more than LoL, that probably won't change.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Don't like Rylai's on him. His only single-target is W which roots for longer than the slow duration anyway so you get nothing.

I think Mallet might be the way to go. You really want ways of keeping people around until sapling and W finally come off cooldown.

or I dunno. maybe Nidalee's ability to just do what she wants to people has ruined me for other champs.

Something I was going to try tonight was Rylai's. The only time I'd see it useful was if it worked on his ultimate. Does it?

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Should I try jungle Rammus or jungle Malphite when I get home

jungle rammus is easier and faster and more useful as a ganker (since he ganks at 3 or 4)

but more rune reliant

Rent on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    ok, so i shouldn't have said that LoL doesn't truely have a competitive scene. I should have said it is still pretty small. or at least not marketed much.

i read info on this game constantly and don't see much about it.

@luny i mentioned the ESL, though not by name, as well as the world cybergames. also, you forgot solo mid, and what about epikgamer.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hai gais!

http://www.solomid.net/livestream.php?s=6415

Guardsman Bob is playing tree man, if anyone wants to see him in action.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    LoL is beginning a nice steamroll, and the fact that it's being picked up slowly by everyone is making me laugh at everyone who says it isn't competitive. It is, and just because it isn't huge like DOTA is/was in it's prime, it's becoming like that. this whole 'LoL isn't competitive' thing has been in every thread at least once.

Lunysgwen on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ok, so i shouldn't have said that LoL doesn't truely have a competitive scene. I should have said it is still pretty small. or at least not marketed much.

to back you up

i think the perfect way to describe it is underdeveloped for the time its had

but i think thats largely due to no obs/replay stuff

so its stupid hard to get a spectator base for any tournament

which is kinda the point

and without 5v5 high level teams butting heads often, tactics and strategy at the higher end tend to stagnate

not immensely

but big crazy high level plays dont happen often without big competition to spur them

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You should be able to have the option to not allow invitations to be friends

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The competitive scene for this game is pretty much non-existent, though. The high-level LoL players are basically people who jumped ship from Dota/HoN because they couldn't cut in competitive play (hotshotgg, milkfat)

P10 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

@luny i mentioned the ESL, though not by name, as well as the world cybergames. also, you forgot solo mid, and what about epikgamer.

I'm not sure if you're trolling us here or not. I brought out CLG because I got tired of listing numerous tournaments they've already had, and one of those links is a picture of me in one of them. =)

Lunysgwen on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sokpuppet wrote: »

Something I was going to try tonight was Rylai's. The only time I'd see it useful was if it worked on his ultimate. Does it?

I doubt it, since his ult doesn't do damage. But it's reduction means you don't need to build resistances quite as high. I feel you need some sort of mana recovery item to begin with, then decide whether you're looking at Tear or Catalyst for your first, then into boots.

Frozen Heart offers both armor and a considerable amount of mana along with cooldown reduction, which gives nice synergy with Archangel's if you're looking to build that.

Aegis possibly? If you're going to be having everyone sit inside your ult in team fights then it might take care of the bulk of the resistances you'll want.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm also going to point out this Link to Own3d.tv The site is PLASTERED with LoL. From my understanding - It's practically the majority of it's traffic.

Lunysgwen on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Lunysgwen wrote: »
    I'm also going to point out this Link to Own3d.tv The site is PLASTERED with LoL. From my understanding - It's practically the majority of it's traffic.

well, own3d.tv is where all the high level players stream now, so that is probably why LoL is plastered all over there.

and to clear it up, when i'm talking about a competative scene, i'm looking at it from the format of DotA/HoN tourneys, having qualifiers then a bracket. i guess i just haven't looked around to see the tournaments that LoL has had.

then again, my main point from the comment that started this was that i think high level LoL is passive.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

well, own3d.tv is where all the high level players stream now, so that is probably why LoL is plastered all over there.

and to clear it up, when i'm talking about a competative scene, i'm looking at it from the format of DotA/HoN tourneys, having qualifiers then a bracket. i guess i just haven't looked around to see the tournaments that LoL has had.

then again, my main point from the comment that started this was that i think high level LoL is passive.

That's because dying sucks, and a small mistake can cost you the entire game.

Lunysgwen on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

That's because dying sucks, and a small mistake can cost you the entire game.

i know :P and i think it's boring to watch.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    thats it, no more dying.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    games with high value on death are not entertaining to watch to me.

wow
    WC3
    lol

all very boring

Jars on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Jars wrote: »
    games with high value on death are not entertaining to watch to me.

wow
    WC3
    lol

all very boring

competative wow? wow...

wc3 is about the same as watching sc2, counters counters counters.

bigwah has the right of it.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    oh man

runes stack now

yesssssss

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Zandracon wrote: »
    oh man

runes stack now

yesssssss

yea, that was confusing when i first saw it.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The competitive scene for this game is pretty much non-existent, though. The high-level LoL players are basically people who jumped ship from Dota/HoN because they couldn't cut in competitive play (hotshotgg, milkfat)

To be fair, milkfat isn't a high-level LoL player.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just had two games with Maokai, the first I was laning with a Xin, the second we had a Shaco jungling.

Everything died. None were spared.

Kelor on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    with huge hp:damage ratios, heroes, and items like staff of preservation WC3 can be very stagnant.

Jars on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    lol isn't competitive.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

To be fair, milkfat isn't a high-level LoL player.
    He's top 1000, and was probably top 200-300 at some point, which is pathetic considering he was basically a baddie carried to high elo by Atlanta and the magic of duo queue

P10 on
  • Options
    CaenemCaenem Sarasota, FLRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Watching Guardsman Bob build a philos-tree is making me snicker and chuckle at the same time.

Caenem on
    But you, pig, are a lucky one. Tell us what we wish to know, and you may yet keep your bacon.
    Nemlock for online gaming
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I can't get enough of the saplings Maokai tosses. I will call them Seed Buddies and I will sing a little song about them.

:whistle:Seed buddies, seed buddies, they're my pals through thick and thin,
    Seed buddies, seed buddies, they work just like grenades missing their pin.:whistle:

emnmnme on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    How can people be so bad at this : (

They are philosotree stones.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I couldn't get enough of Seed jokes last night.

/ALL I'm gonna put my seed in this bush!

/ALL Dude, my seed exploded all over you.

/ALL Tossing my seed like it's Marti Gras.

etc...etc...etc...

E: Watching Guardsman Bob too - holy crap that Shaco and Caitlyn are baaaaad.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I just banned Sion in a ranked match...I don't think he's gotten stronger over time, but a combination of modest nerfs on better heroes, the addition of Rabadon's Deathcap, and his amazingly defensive farming ability warrant make it justifiable. Not mandatory of course, but having watched a farmed Sion negate a Rank 2 Feast with his shield a week ago and my recent ranked foibles...yeah, off to the bench you go.

Zoelef on