Options

The Legend of Zelda: 25th Anniversary Thread - Landmark of the Greatest Gaming Series

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    the animated show in its entirety is actually here... http://www.hulu.com/watch/112031/the-legend-of-zelda-the-ringer

Jars on
  • Options
    galenbladegalenblade Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Impressive swag collection. And I want that damn board game. Here's some additional swag that I have in addition to a few things above.
    zelda006.jpg?t=1298319416zelda007.jpg?t=1298319416zelda008.jpg?t=1298319416zelda009.jpg?t=1298319416ocarina001.jpg?t=1298319416

galenblade on
    linksig.jpg
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    One look at the rules tells me it is a terrible board game. I really can't imagine ever playing it.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Lenore03Lenore03 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wow is that a boxset of the animated series? That cover is perfect.

Jam Warrior That Majora's mask set is amazing, as well as the Darunia plushy.

Lenore03 on
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I've been playing Animal Crossing lately and yesterday I racked up enough points from purchasing items to have a gift sent to me. And thus, I received this in the mail today:

zeldacrossing1.png

Now combined with the Hero's Clothes, the outfit is complete!

zeldacrossing2.png

Miscellaneous pictures:
    Backside
    zeldacrossing3.png

Being a dick
    zeldacrossing4.png

zeldacrossing5.png

Oh no!
    zeldacrossing6.png

Also, as I mentioned, I thoroughly enjoyed Twilight Princess and put a good deal of time into it. Here is my total playtime from the Nintendo Channel:
    tloztwilightprincesspla.png

Ocarina of Time has to be my most played Zelda game though. I'm not even sure how many times I have played through it over the years, but with the inclusion of when I played through the Master Quest version its probably somewhere in the double digits. Collected everything in that game save for one heart piece with my best profile. Maybe I'll find it along with all the skulltulas in Ocarina of Time 3D.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

I watched all of that. Thanks for the link, man.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Awesome thread.

Favorite Zelda game of all time for me is probably Link's Awakening.

I don't have it anymore. :( But I do have Link to the Past and my SNES right next to me. This might need to be played in celebration.

edit: Also, holy crap, Rehab. You get the most money out of your games.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rehab wrote: »
    So I've been playing Animal Crossing lately and yesterday I racked up enough points from purchasing items to have a gift sent to me. And thus, I received this in the mail today:

zeldacrossing1.png

Now combined with the Hero's Clothes, the outfit is complete!

zeldacrossing2.png

Miscellaneous pictures:
    Backside
    zeldacrossing3.png

Being a dick
    zeldacrossing4.png

zeldacrossing5.png

Oh no!
    zeldacrossing6.png

Also, as I mentioned, I thoroughly enjoyed Twilight Princess and put a good deal of time into it. Here is my total playtime from the Nintendo Channel:
    tloztwilightprincesspla.png

Ocarina of Time has to be my most played Zelda game though. I'm not even sure how many times I have played through it over the years, but with the inclusion of when I played through the Master Quest version its probably somewhere in the double digits. Collected everything in that game save for one heart piece with my best profile. Maybe I'll find it along with all the skulltulas in Ocarina of Time 3D.

Ugh, it's posts like this that remind me that my poor towns (On the DS and Wii) are probably wastelands now.

And I've missed so many monthly rewards from Nintendo...

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    SnowblindvictimSnowblindvictim Flying casual Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    To me there has been no better game made than Majoras Mask.

It is my favorite game of all time

Snowblindvictim on
  • Options
    SmallCaveGamesSmallCaveGames Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    milk ducks wrote: »

Yes that was quite awesome. I can't believe they had "real time events!"

SmallCaveGames on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    God damnit, Nintendo, you really need to release the BS Zelda games as downloads for either the VC or the new 3DS VC.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    JaveJave Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    God damnit, Nintendo, you really need to release the BS Zelda games as downloads for either the VC or the new 3DS VC.
    Hey, Intelligent Systems remade the BS Fire Emblem maps in the second DS game (the Shadow Dragon sequel), so they haven't forgotten those games existed.

Maybe there's hope.

Jave on
    My Let's Play - Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Updated July 29, 2011!)
    (I appreciate all feedback, so take a few minutes to check it out)

Pokemon White: 5371-9705-4895
    3DS Friend Code: 2105-8646-1262
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Jars wrote: »
    the animated show in its entirety is actually here... http://www.hulu.com/watch/112031/the-legend-of-zelda-the-ringer

THANK YOU FOR THIS

Also, Satellaview? Was that the thing that Radical Dreamers came out in Japan?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The second BS Zelda (Inishie no Sekiban) is incredible. They should have included the content in the GBA version of LttP as a "second quest", because it's way better than the stuff they actually did add to it.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    To me there has been no better game made than Majoras Mask.

It is my favorite game of all time

Majora's Mask is definitely a 'Love it or Hate it' game. I hated it. But I've argued that enough in other threads.

Personally my favorite Zeldas are Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, though my favorite game of all time isn't a Zelda anyways. I'd give that title to Super Metroid.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Zelda 2's last boss may not be epic but geez is it tough. That Thunderbird + Shadow Link combo made me rage quit that game a couple of times.

I beg to differ.

" (...) where the sorceresses Vaati and Veran (...)"

Vaati is a guy!

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Perhaps I missed it in here, but if not, here's a freaking incredible Zelda Mural.

Also, Majora's Mask is the greatest game of all time.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    plufim wrote: »
    Perhaps I missed it in here, but if not, here's a freaking incredible Zelda Mural.

Ho-lee shit

This floods in memories of how flippin' popular Ocarina of Time was back in the day, before the internet really took off.

I remember reading articles in newspapers about the whole craze. Everyone had played that game.

Godfather on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Also, Majora's Mask is the greatest game of all time.
    I have never in my life been so terrified of zelda enemies.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    JaveJave Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    And let's not forget The Gang:

215503328_DeUhr-L-2.jpg

Jave on
    My Let's Play - Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Updated July 29, 2011!)
    (I appreciate all feedback, so take a few minutes to check it out)

Pokemon White: 5371-9705-4895
    3DS Friend Code: 2105-8646-1262
  • Options
    Baka_ShadeBaka_Shade Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Damnnnnnnnnnn

It's really cool to see Onox and Veran in the villain lineup there, the Oracle games were some of my favorites in the series.

I'm sure I'm blanking on something obvious, but who's the dude opposite Dark Link? And is that the mask salesman standing on Gohma's eye? :P

Baka_Shade on
    kanpilgrimsigfinal2.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Baka_Shade wrote: »

Damnnnnnnnnnn

It's really cool to see Onox and Veran in the villain lineup there, the Oracle games were some of my favorites in the series.

I'm sure I'm blanking on something obvious, but who's the dude opposite Dark Link? And is that the mask salesman standing on Gohma's eye? :P

That's the Fierce Deity Mask transformation.

It took me a little while to recognize the guy with the claw in between Midna and the King of Red Lions is. He's from Spirit Tracks, but I don't remember his name.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    And is that the mask salesman standing on Gohma's eye? :P

I think it is to signify he is neither good nor evil. Also, the eye might be meant to be Vaati, not sure.

plufim on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Seriously, this is just...incredible. Simply incredible.

Graviija on
  • Options
    SnowblindvictimSnowblindvictim Flying casual Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I have every intention of getting that mural on my wall one way or another.

Amazing

Snowblindvictim on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I really wish I knew who created the original image.

edit: trying to track it down though.

plufim on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ah, here we go!

http://feedthegamer.info/2011-02-22/celebrate-zeldas-birthday-with-this-stunning-painting-art/
    Japanese artist ag+ has commemorated the 25th anniversary of the release of the original Legend of Zelda in the best possible way: with one of the most amazing pieces of fan art you will ever see.
    If Nintendo had a chapel and (bear with me) that chapel had an ornately-painted ceiling, this would surely be that painting, a truly epic piece that includes what must be every major character the entire series has ever seen.

plufim on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kotaku lists this as the source and refers to the artist as Ag+.

EDIT: Argh, I didn't even notice that the post I was quoting had changed when I hit quote.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Lenore03Lenore03 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Graviija wrote: »
    Seriously, this is just...incredible. Simply incredible.

I want to cut out a section to make as a wallpaper, but I don't even know where to start.

Lenore03 on
  • Options
    It's CrumbelievableIt's Crumbelievable Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Peewi wrote: »

Damnnnnnnnnnn

That's the Fierce Deity Mask transformation.

It took me a little while to recognize the guy with the claw in between Midna and the King of Red Lions is. He's from Spirit Tracks, but I don't remember his name.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/858932

Was posted on Reddit a while ago (some guy identifies every single character in the mural). A friend and I attempted to figure out all the individuals in the mural the past hour though we missed a couple.

It's Crumbelievable on
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I actually ran into a bit of a treasure trove of Zelda artwork myself:

Nintendo Dream Zelda Art Book

Slowly going to work this into the OP and throw in the mural of course too, because that thing is badass.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I was gonna say, that giant eye is definitely Bellum from PH, not Gohma or Vaati!

Also apparently there is no good way to draw the bird people outside of WW's style.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    who are those people at the bottom of the picture? The one with the helmet and sword is probably the hero of time from TTP? And Shadow Link and Wolf Link?

e: and I think Tingle is missing

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Wow. That's amaz...
    I think Tingle is missing.

THIS IS A SHAM OF A MOCKERY OF A TRAVESTY!

I also just purchased the Spirit Tracks figure set including secret Engineer Uniform Link figure.

My wallet slightly weeps but they are some nice figures:

Zelda%20Spirit%20Tracks%20Figures_0.jpg

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Tingle isn't missing. Look between Anju and Kafei.

plufim on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Huzzah!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    milk ducks wrote: »

Yes that was quite awesome. I can't believe they had "real time events!"

This will teach me to put my videos behind a spoiler tag...

(Just sort-of kidding; that review seemed to tell it far, far better than just the gameplay footage I posted.)

But seriously, I want them to put those Satelleview games together in a package, maybe a Wii disc, and make a Zelda equivalent to the Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition. Do that, and I guarantee I will pre-order and get it, and that it will interest me more than Ocarina 3D, and... well, Skyward Sword remains to be seen.

...of course, it would require more work than they put into All-Stars, as it would need a translation. I might be willing to give up some of the other extras for that, though.

Oh, and a funny thing I noticed earlier: Super Mario All-Stars, they did not even so much as alter the copyright date on the title screen, but when I was playing the first LoZ on Virtual Console earlier, it had a 1985-2003 copyright date.

Kind of weird.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I am a bad person.

I have literally never played a Zelda game.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dude, you gotta get on that.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
This discussion has been closed.