As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hey, they shot stuff into space

mcpmcp Registered User regular
edited February 2011 in Social Entropy++
Today is Discovery's final flight! That is, unless some weather drifts in.
During space shuttle Discovery's final spaceflight, the STS-133 crew members will take important spare parts to the International Space Station along with the Express Logistics Carrier-4.

Steve Bowen replaced Tim Kopra as Mission Specialist 2 following a bicycle injury on Jan. 15 that prohibited Kopra from supporting the launch window. Bowen last flew on Atlantis in May 2010 as part of the STS-132 crew. Flying on the STS-133 mission will make Bowen the first astronaut ever to fly on consecutive missions.

You know what else they're taking?
robonaut220pound2.jpg
This guy. The Robonaut 2. He's the first humanoid robot in space. He'll be a permanent resident up there.

Here's some shit so you can learn more about him.

Here you can get live mission coverage.

Space is awesome. Let's talk about space and going to space.

mcp on
«1345

Posts

  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    nasa more like waste of money c/c?

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    NASA needs to become a Bond a villain and hold something hostage for a lot of money so they can develop some better space travel stuff.

    I would also like to see NASA henchmen too.

    HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Holy shit.

    Robonauts?

    Keeeeenn!

    chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    that seems like such a bad idea.

    Kochikens on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It was us.

    We made the Geth.

    God dammit, NASA.

    DrZiplock on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    can we get some duct tape?

    because that robot is ripped.

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Space is awesome

    I want to, like

    fly around in space

    God dammit where is my rocket ship

    Solar on
  • Options
    cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    nasa more like waste of money c/c?

    more like pip the butt.

    like pip, but from a butt.

    butts.

    cadmunky on
    5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    It was us.

    We made the Geth.

    God dammit, NASA.

    All this has happened before.

    All this will happen again.

    chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    let's just hope it doesn't go crazy and kill everybody

    MrMonroe on
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    "There are no plans to return R2 to Earth."

    robottearsstingjustasba.png

    iamthepieman on
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I love that this image was called centaur.
    centaursmallb.jpg

    Here's more robonaut stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yadj3asTyc0

    mcp on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    NASA, don't send the robot! Send me!

    Dangnabbit machines takin our jerbs.

    Peccavi on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    "There are no plans to return R2 to Earth."

    robottearsstingjustasba.png

    Okay, now we can panic.

    chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Peccavi wrote: »
    NASA, don't send the robot! Send me!

    Dangnabbit machines takin our jerbs.

    robutts have just as much right as you or I to suitable employment, man

    they're still people

    MrMonroe on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Peccavi wrote: »
    NASA, don't send the robot! Send me!

    Dangnabbit machines takin our jerbs.

    robutts have just as much right as you or I to suitable employment, man

    they're still people

    whatever lugnut sucker

    go back to robo-africa

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    TiBTiB Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That robot gets all the ladies

    swoon <3

    TiB on
    SatW.jpg
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    "There are no plans to return R2 to Earth."

    robottearsstingjustasba.png

    Okay, now we can panic.
    spirit.png

    Kochikens on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Looks like we need a Magnus to save us

    CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

    c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    oh goddddd

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Robots in space

    surely NASA dudes have watched sci-fi movies

    surely

    Solar on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kochikens wrote: »
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    "There are no plans to return R2 to Earth."

    robottearsstingjustasba.png

    Okay, now we can panic.
    spirit.png

    Fuck. You.

    Solar on
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh no, not that xkcd

    :(

    Peccavi on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Looks like we need a Magnus to save us

    wait which

    the traitor or the magnetic guy

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So sad Kochi.

    iamthepieman on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The robot fighter

    CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

    c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Also an option: Batman.

    Maybe hackers, but only if they're pathetic.

    chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Solar wrote: »
    Kochikens wrote: »
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    "There are no plans to return R2 to Earth."

    robottearsstingjustasba.png

    Okay, now we can panic.
    spirit.png

    Fuck. You.
    AI-Artificial-Intelligence-09.jpg


    ai-artificialintelligence40.jpg

    Kochikens on
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I have no clue what that is from. It looks creepy though.

    iamthepieman on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    a.i.

    which was a good 4/5ths of a movie

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    so who got inseminated?

    iamthepieman on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I was going to go find you the ending because holy shit that movie is incredibly depressing and sad but I can't bring myself to watch it again.

    Kochikens on
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    oh god that movie

    I went :( as soon as I recognized it

    Okami on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Peccavi wrote: »
    NASA, don't send the robot! Send me!

    Dangnabbit machines takin our jerbs.

    robutts have just as much right as you or I to suitable employment, man

    they're still people

    whatever lugnut sucker

    go back to robo-africa

    I'll have you know robo-sexual relationships are perfectly valid expressions of love_and_caring.exe and you have no right to judge that

    MrMonroe on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Peccavi wrote: »
    NASA, don't send the robot! Send me!

    Dangnabbit machines takin our jerbs.

    robutts have just as much right as you or I to suitable employment, man

    they're still people

    whatever lugnut sucker

    go back to robo-africa

    I'll have you know robo-sexual relationships are perfectly valid expressions of love_and_caring.exe and you have no right to judge that

    hope you enjoy this burning pound key sign in your front lawn oil drinker

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kochikens wrote: »
    I was going to go find you the ending because holy shit that movie is incredibly depressing and sad but I can't bring myself to watch it again.

    the ending is some horrendous bullshit and it should've stopped as soon as he found the blue fairy

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Kochikens wrote: »
    I was going to go find you the ending because holy shit that movie is incredibly depressing and sad but I can't bring myself to watch it again.

    the ending is some horrendous bullshit and it should've stopped as soon as he found the blue fairy

    it was pretty bullshit

    but I can't be mad at it because I was too busy being sad
    when the fucking bear pulled out his mothers hair BAW BAW BAW

    Kochikens on
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh man I've seen that movie. Thing was loooooong and boring.

    Plus it had Robin Williams in it.

    iamthepieman on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    damnit

    god damnit

    PiptheFair on
Sign In or Register to comment.