As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Advice : Buy new or upgrade

MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
PC Build thread seems to have gone , hoping this is the right place for this.

My current PC is starting to show it's age. I am playing Rift and it's struggling. So my question is can I/should I upgrade what I have or buy a new one. I'm leaning towards replacing as mine could then replace my wife's which is creaking for simple things such as internet, office etc.

Current PC is :

Asus P5N-E SLI Mobo
Intel Core 2 6600 @ 2.4GHz
4Gb RAM
BFG Nvidia GTX 275.

If it is a replacement can anyone recommend anyone in the UK who will do "gaming" rigs that don't have go-faster stripes or neon lights?

camo_sig2-400.png
Muppetman on

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You can keep the video card and just give your wife a really crummy one. I'm guessing you have DDR2 so moving to a new mobo/proc will require DDR3.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Looks like I'll be making a new system then - any recommendations for anything other than Overclockers and Scan?

Muppetman on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I use ebuyer. Built my first computer with parts from them last week. You get free shipping worth orders over a certain amount but it takes the full five days. And the forums are alright too. They might have a bundle deal with mobo and CPU.

Big Classy on