As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What the Hell is MSN Funchat?

SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG!Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
This is a problem on a friend's netbook, ever since she installed the new 2011 Messenger, she's been getting these chat windows with bots inviting her to webcam shows. Of course, it's incredibly annoying, and well I just can't seem to find any option to disable it.

I've considered it being malware, as I can't find any mention of FunChat anywhere. Anyone know what the hell it is, and know how to get rid of it?

Here's a screenshot:
funchat.jpg[/URL]

As you can see, the window is different from the normal chat windows, it looks a lot more like the group chat window, I cannot block him and he doesn't show up in the friends list.

Edit: Oh well now I see that his nickname is apparently FunChat, and that would explain why I couldn't find anything about MSN funchat. Hrmm hrmm. Well the problem is still that I can't block him.

Satsumomo on

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Somewhere in the Messenger options there should be a list of blocked users, that you can manually add people to. At least, there was back in Messenger 9, I haven't used it since then.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png