As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ankle hurts when skateboarding.

FagatronFagatron Registered User regular
edited April 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So I've been skateboarding since the beginning of the year. I haven't really injured myself yet, but I've been doing it more for longer distances the past couple days and I'm worried I'm going to. Past few days without fail my pushing ankle has started hurting after skating for a while. It's not an ankle support issue as it doesn't matter if I'm wearing high tops or low tops. It feels like a sprain and hurts badly enough I favor it a few hours after I skate. This morning it didn't wear off overnight like it usually does so I didn't bring my skateboard to work like normal. Am I doing it wrong? Do I have weak ankles and they'll get used to it eventually? It doesn't hurt now, seems like walking on it after works the pain out. I have no idea what is going on.

Fagatron on

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sounds like weak ankles. I suppose they're just not adjusted to making that constant pushing motion. I'd say give it some time, but if the pain worsens and walking it off doesn't help I'd look into the fact that you might've pulled something as silly as that sounds. Just my two cents though.

BradicusMaximus on
  • Options
    Loki_HKDLoki_HKD Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    When i skateboarded i was having the same issue from time to time. What i started to do to elevate the pain and stretch the muscles/tendons more was these Basic Excercises I would just do them while laying on the couch, after about a month i never had the pain again.

Loki_HKD on
    Photos: Flickr
    XBox: Loki HKD
    PSN: Loki_HKD
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    FagatronFagatron Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Awesome. I've already been doing those movements to work the pain out actually, not because I read it anywhere but just because it felt right. Asked the doctor about it today (had an appointment anyway) and she said not to worry about it, the ligaments and tendons were just getting used to things, and to take some ibuprofen as long as it stayed that sort of dull pain.

Fagatron on