As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Looking for Volunteer Artist Work?

PrisonedBeastPrisonedBeast Registered User
edited April 2011 in Artist's Corner
Hey I am working on making a gaming blog and I want to have a banner for the top of the page.
Are there any artists who are up to the challenge? Hope that this is a good place to post this question. You can see the blog at wasdcontrollers.com in order to get a feel for it.
I am new to the forums and hope to start being more active. Anyway send me a message if you want to help a fellow gamer out. :D

PrisonedBeast on

• Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    What's your timeframe and budget for the banner?

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • PrisonedBeastPrisonedBeast Registered User
    edited April 2011
    Its volunteer lol was wondering if someone wanted to contribute to my efforts haha
    was hoping for free don't mind if it takes a while

PrisonedBeast on
  • FletcherFletcher Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    From the rules thread at the top of the forum:
    10 ) Do Not Ask for Art in a New Thread
    Do not start new threads to ask for free art, tattoo designs, Websites, etc. If you wish to commission paid work, ask in the CHAT or Questions/Discussion thread.

This forums is primarily for artists looking for advice, or help with improving their own work

As has been outlined before in this forum, if you are looking for free work from strangers, then you are likely to end up with a result that reflects that, from an inexperienced artist. By the time that artists get to the position of being considered "good" by others, they have usually realised that the time and effort they put into creating is worth a reasonable amount in return. If you want a quality banner for your site, then be prepared to pay for it.

If you are willing to pay a decent amount for the work you want done, then the chat and questions threads are always open! Otherwise, you would probably be best to contact any artist friends you may have to see if they may be more receptive toward the idea of doing your design work for free!

Fletcher on
  • PrisonedBeastPrisonedBeast Registered User
    edited April 2011
    Ok thanks did not see that

PrisonedBeast on
This discussion has been closed.