Options

[WOW][CHAT] Patch 4.3 updated on PTR. Did your class get nerfed? InQQuire inside.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    WAR did that specifically. Taking control of a Keep gave you access to that Keep's vendors and a quicker route for traveling around a zone. But we all know how that turned out.

Of course WOW also did this with both Halaa and Wintergrasp, with varying levels of success.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Emporium wrote:
    Nobody wrote:
    If I had to hazard a guess, the reason that raid bosses are worth less is due to the cap so players don't feel as "cheated" when they clear half the instance and are already VP capped.

EDIT: I do find it funny that shoulders aren't listed. I wonder if we're going to see people killing Deathwing wearing 353 shoulders.

Additionally, access to superior gear. And while shoulders aren't available from VP, 378 shoulders were added to (presumably) the new 5 man loot tables according to mmo-champion.

Ahh, I kinda skipped over the loot tables for the 5 mans since I assumed they weren't done yet.
    And yeah, no shoulder piece is kind of sucky. I've been playing my Druid alt a lot more lately and there is absolutely no shoulder pieces available for her for justice/valor. There is ONE that drops in troll heroics, and it never dropped. Finally I managed to get her t11 shoulders from a guild alt run, but she was in quest greens for a *really* long time. And it's not like Firelands is any better - there are barely any off-set shoulder drops and the tier shoulders drop off domo.

I actually got lucky on my druid. I was asked to bring her in to tank our alt FL run due to having to shuffle alts. She got the off-set shoulders off of Baleroc. Going from the 346 JP shoulders to 378 was a welcome upgrade.

• Options
    Fairchild wrote:
    WAR did that specifically. Taking control of a Keep gave you access to that Keep's vendors and a quicker route for traveling around a zone. But we all know how that turned out.

Of course WOW also did this with both Halaa and Wintergrasp, with varying levels of success.

Both Halaa and Wintergrasp (at least early on for WG), failed to take into account faction imbalance.

WG was finally "fixed" but not until near the end of the expac. By then the (previously) losing side was so embittered that we were farming the Alliance back to their start point on the eastern edge of the map.

• Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    Glyph of Holy Wrath makes Grim Batol Lolwhat.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote:
    If I had to hazard a guess, the reason that raid bosses are worth less is due to the cap so players don't feel as "cheated" when they clear half the instance and are already VP capped.
    That was my guess as well, but it's pretty dumb since most guilds aren't full clearing current raid content, and even those that do eventually start working on heroic modes which usually sets you back on overall boss kill rate. People end up doing heroics and maxing out their VP and still kill raid bosses after that anyway, so it just seems like foolish rationale on Blizzard's part if that's what they're thinking.
    EDIT: I do find it funny that shoulders aren't listed. I wonder if we're going to see people killing Deathwing wearing 353 shoulders.
    I'm sure there will be one shoulder drop for each spec/class in the new 5-mans for people to farm daily and never get.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Halaa had good design but laughably stupid incentives. YAY SUB 70 GEAR AND 15 OF THE SAME MOUNT!

Everything since then has had good incentives but laughable design.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Fairchild wrote:
    My memories of old school world PVP are not so positive. There was a never-ending rolling battle that surged between Tarren Mill and Southshore that would lag the surrounding zones so badly that you couldn't level your new Undead alt, and needed to ship him off to The Barrens where the Crossroads battle was more intermittent. Very inconvenient it was.

Ah, that sucks. If you'd made it through TM before the honor system came out, it would have been relatively desolate. I mean, it was a popular PvP spot, especially with quests like Hecular for the horde and easy access from capital cities, but 1.4 killed it for anything except a massive world turn-based battle.

After the honor system arrived I went there about twice a week, late at night for PvP time. Otherwise I just flew around, since the wind rider dude was dead half the time otherwise. Not that it mattered, since by the time I could actually path the flight to my next destination he'd be dead anyways.

EDIT: my autocorrect is possessed.

naengwen on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Halaa had good design but laughably stupid incentives. YAY SUB 70 GEAR AND 15 OF THE SAME MOUNT!

The Claymore was great, tho, for Warriors, DK's, and Paladins. It still may be, too, but it's been a while since I last trod Halaa's worn paths.

• Options
    Fairchild wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:

The Claymore was great, tho, for Warriors, DK's, and Paladins. It still may be, too, but it's been a while since I last trod Halaa's worn paths.

Pretty sure it still is, but, you know, heirlooms.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Halaa had good design but laughably stupid incentives.
    Heavily favoring overpopulated factions, falling deaths with durability loss, and extra-long corpse runs for such deaths don't seem like that good of design to me.

• Options
    tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote:
    Horde graveyard-humpers

This is one of the best things ever typed.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    Random question about an addon I can't figure out.

One of my addons colors recipes in vendors as green if it is learnable by that character, or alts, and red if everyone has learned it and/or no one can learn it.

However, it's always wrong. It says people who already know things can still learn it, and vice versa. And it drives me nuts. I want it off and/or gone.

Does anyone know off hand of an addon that does this? I don't want to resort to manually doing every addon if I don't have to but if no one knows I guess I will. Help me out!

Do you use Profession Vault? That will do it. Not sure about others.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I used to use one like that... I forget the name but it was Recipe*Something*... RecipeBook maybe?

It's possible if you're using some bundled addon they might be doing it too. I used to use Nurfed Unit Frames and they bundled a bunch of useless crap in with it too. Finally found Stuf which let me make almost the same frames without the HORRIBLE update timeframe and extra crap I don't need.

Edit: All else fails, start disabling addons one at a time until it goes away - then you'll know which one is doing it.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    forty wrote:
    Nobody wrote:
    That was my guess as well, but it's pretty dumb since most guilds aren't full clearing current raid content, and even those that do eventually start working on heroic modes which usually sets you back on overall boss kill rate. People end up doing heroics and maxing out their VP and still kill raid bosses after that anyway, so it just seems like foolish rationale on Blizzard's part if that's what they're thinking.
    I'm sure there will be one shoulder drop for each spec/class in the new 5-mans for people to farm daily and never get.

What they should do for VP is make the first kill of any given boss you ever do worth some multiplier based on their difficulty. Say, Shannox would only net you 2x the valor for a first kill, but then Rhyo would give you 3-4x. This way, raiders would actually be rewarded for the much more difficult learning process in raid fights, while dungeon runs (which take longer than a single boss kill) would still be properly valued vs. a fight that's on farm.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    uh, no thank you. I'll not have subjective values placed on rewards, especially since difficulty, especially at the raid level, is so subjective re: group composition composition.

• Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Then don't make it per fight, make it a flat 3-4x multiplier or something. It's not like it'd matter that much, as you only get it once. It'd just be a nice way to say to raiders, "Yeah, we know that getting Heroic Beth'tilac down for the first time is, in fact, harder and more time consuming than running a single heroic"

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    Fatty-McPhatFatty-McPhat Registered User regular
    I think a tank tried trolling our Zandalari PUG group I healed earlier. Banged the gong, waited for the first pull, then dropped group. Healed the group through it, and waited about a minute for another tank. Proceeded to still get the bear to drop. Boo-ya! (Didn't win, but I have the Brewfest Kodo which I love).

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Poketpixie wrote:
    Random question about an addon I can't figure out.

One of my addons colors recipes in vendors as green if it is learnable by that character, or alts, and red if everyone has learned it and/or no one can learn it.

However, it's always wrong. It says people who already know things can still learn it, and vice versa. And it drives me nuts. I want it off and/or gone.

Does anyone know off hand of an addon that does this? I don't want to resort to manually doing every addon if I don't have to but if no one knows I guess I will. Help me out!

Do you use Profession Vault? That will do it. Not sure about others.

It was Altoholic.

I'm not sure whats up with it, if there's some way to force character scans or something to make it up to date. I had thought it was Ackis but nope. It was for sure Altoholic, I just disabled the coloring etc; but thinking about it, it would actually be a nice feature if it actually worked correctly. I have 10 85's and keeping track of who has what, as far as pets, and cata cooking goes would be easier if I could just see at a glance if someone needed something.

EDIT: Not really related I've been constantly getting a "cannot create button" error on a few of my characters when I use particular abilities (like spirit wolves on shaman, and others, its not a pet bar thing), but the error points to a blizzard UI error and none of my addons. it does it on both my main pc and my laptop, but I did just copy my interface/wtf folders so...I don't know.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Altoholic's been broken for a while now, I totally forgot about it since I disabled it a long time ago.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Not a doctor Tree townRegistered User regular
    No Ram for me this year, but at least I didn't have to delete another Kodo.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I had to delete 3 kodos and 2 rams.

On my paladin alone.

I have "Brew FAST" on 9/10 characters. For some reason my Priest couldn't get it 2 (3?) years running. But every other character got at least one, many got both, and several go multiples that had to be deleted.

Grand total (across all characters, 5 on 2 different servers) I got 14 Tankards, 5 Shanks (none on my Rogue), 5 Remotes (3 on my shaman, 1 on my pally (already had one) and one on someone else I can't remember right now. My Priest I think. I got the 365 trinket for every character for every possible spec, and I never rolled against someone who actually needed them so I feel good about that. Every character got every single brewfest achievement (except the brew per month one obviously), everyone got the elephant pet and everyone go the sexy goggles as well as the pony keg (only pally and hunter got the keg pony).

So it was overall good for me. I'm now 5/10 for Long Strange Trip on my 85's, I've had it on my pally for ages, but got it on 4 characters with this holiday. I'll get it with 2 more after Winter Veil and 3 after the next Lunar Festival.

/Sigh.

Trying to do all this shit on so many characters is time consuming but it all has to be done once.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Failed to get a dagger that would've been *really fucking useful* on my rogue but i did get the remote which I'd failed to acquire in previous years, so i'm overall happy...

Talking about things never dropping, i've never seen the off-hand dagger drop from jin'do (or the main-hand, for that matter) so i'm still running around with a 346 dagger because i honestly can't be bothered in pvping for the off-hand (I've already done that for my 359 main-hand pvp dagger :argh:).

I Also finally joined a successful Black temple raid and was able to finish off my Necklace for another teleport (this one slightly quicker than my four hour cooldown engineer trinket) to outlands! yey! raidleader was a douche who res'd the blades (Fine, whatever... its not like its hard organizing said raids but have at it) But then proceeded to ninja the chest token that dropped *and* the cursed vision of sargeras and he still had the nerve to try and strong-arm me into handing over the leg tokens so he could 'finish his set'... jackass.

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    My guild is strange.... will wipe regularly on HShanny and HRyopants... sometimes for what could be an hour or so. Very first night seeing HDomo and down him.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    domo's probably the easiest heroic now, with the health nerf

if your dps is competent and you can transition through an orb phase successfully you'll basically win

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I got the Kodo on my Hunter last week.

I did my last Direbrew today, Ram drops for me.

BEST BREWFEST.

Also a few of my alts got Kodos too. how do i hold all these kodos?

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    forty wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Halaa had good design but laughably stupid incentives.
    Heavily favoring overpopulated factions, falling deaths with durability loss, and extra-long corpse runs for such deaths don't seem like that good of design to me.
    The first is just inherent in world pvp. I don't ever recall having a falling death in Halaa, but that's more of an Outlands design issue than anything specific to Halaa. Long corpse runs were intentional to make sure you were gone for a bit when you died. But it did interfere with deaths NOT in Halaa, which was a problem.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    my shaman got zero kodos

super annoying

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I got nothing 3 years running. I really wish I had ground out those mounts that first Brewfest now.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I got like six Tremendous Tankards and 4 or 5 daggers... none on my rogue.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I just farmed trinkets on the chars that needed them. The best were the runs two days ago, when my prot warrior hit 84 and I queued as a tank with ~90k life. I died twice, I guess because the healers didn't expect to have to do anything, but I farmed everything I wanted.

I stopped bothering with holiday achievements, unless I want a title for a twink. (i.e. I got my Shadow priest "the Hallowed" back in WotLK)

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    All I got was a remote (which I already have) and 1 dagger (which would suck even if I ever went enhancement).

Maybe I would've been luckier if I ran it on my alts, but whatever.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Fatty-McPhatFatty-McPhat Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Grobian wrote:
    I just farmed trinkets on the chars that needed them. The best were the runs two days ago, when my prot warrior hit 84 and I queued as a tank with ~90k life. I died twice, I guess because the healers didn't expect to have to do anything,

Haha yeah I used to queue as a healer on my shaman. Then go elemental and pull like 25k dps while throwing out a few heals, sometimes not, depending on the tank.

Fatty-McPhat on
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    On my warrior I finally got a remote, which was nice, a dagger, which I sold, the dodge trinket which will be nice on Baleroc, a stam trinket which I won't use but hey, why not, and a ram I've had since the first brewfest when you bought them with tickets. No kodo :(

On my hunter which I only got to 85 for the 'Classy Undead' achievement, I got the DPS trinket, so there's another green replaced, but this rate she'll be in all purples by the next expansion! Maybe.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    My guild also got Domo down last night, so we're officially 4/7 H. Our biggest problem was having orbs spawn right next to each other. In melee.

Amazingly, we keep failing the Only Penitent... achievement :\

Oh well, there's always next week, and we are shooting for H Alysrazor then too.

• Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote:
    My guild also got Domo down last night, so we're officially 4/7 H. Our biggest problem was having orbs spawn right next to each other. In melee.

Amazingly, we keep failing the Only Penitent... achievement :\

Oh well, there's always next week, and we are shooting for H Alysrazor then too.

That achievement is impossible! hahaha. Every fucking week, someone forgets to demount, or despawn their pet, or its a pug that doesn't listen, or. FFFFFUUUU

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I think a tank tried trolling our Zandalari PUG group I healed earlier. Banged the gong, waited for the first pull, then dropped group. Healed the group through it, and waited about a minute for another tank. Proceeded to still get the bear to drop. Boo-ya! (Didn't win, but I have the Brewfest Kodo which I love).

This happens way too often and it pisses me off. Tanks have way too much power in LFD.

Anyways, yay we got heroic Rhyolith last night! That fight is a POS though. We also keep getting dps plate gear from these heroic kills with our only dps warrior not in the group which is annoying as hell.

We tried a few pulls of heroic Alysrazor. Seems not too bad - I think with a little practice we should get her no problem. The fight honestly doesn't seem much harder than normal.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    had a few attempts at heroic rhyo -- went poorly =)

we did manage to get another rag kill on the last pull of the night so that is good

I wish our DPS would pick it up -- we have 4-5 people consistently about 4k lower than they should be

I got bored as the 'do whatever, you are an extra' healer on bale so I was toying with seeing how high I could get my stacks.. I think I was around 115 or so. I think I also somehow topped the paladins on healing for domo, not really sure how that happened since I usually don't have very high numbers [especially since I don't heal but a couple fights a week now]. Gearing up three sets is a painful process and I wound up selling some VP bracers yesterday since I was running out of $$. It was a weird sell too, I put them up in trade for 5k with a bunch of people offering 4k. Someone went into trade chat and said they would go 4.5 so I said fine and then they said 'hold on let me see if I can get closer to your number, brb'. They come back on with, 'I scrounged up 4.75 but I could put a couple gems in there too?'. I had already agreed to 4.5 so this person was just being crazy, never witnessed it before -- told them to keep the gems.

At least now I have money for gemming/enchanting both my ret and holy OS. I almost have a full set of equipment for my ret even though I have never tried ret. I figured it would be easier for our weird tank rotations if I can just swap to dps rather than having extra heals. I haven't seen a very good listing of "tiered" retribution gear, like there are about 10 lists for prot that take you from 346-391.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Heroth wrote:
    Failed to get a dagger that would've been *really fucking useful* on my rogue but i did get the remote which I'd failed to acquire in previous years, so i'm overall happy...

Talking about things never dropping, i've never seen the off-hand dagger drop from jin'do (or the main-hand, for that matter) so i'm still running around with a 346 dagger because i honestly can't be bothered in pvping for the off-hand (I've already done that for my 359 main-hand pvp dagger :argh:).

I failed as well to get the dagger on my rogues this year I have the main hand dagger from Jin'do but I do have a better offhand but I would like both for the look
    It upset me to get the brewfest dagger twice on my mage and warrior and once on my hunter who could use it

I get a lot of tanks that will do the gong and leave thing. but then one time I went I was getting into a arguement againist why the druid would not tank because I told the shaman that there is a few differences in hte talents that turn you into a tank or killing cat. while we waited for a new tank sadly the arguement got so bad the healer and druid left

• Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    •North American realms (excluding Brazilian, Latin American, and Oceanic realms) no longer permit letters with accents in character or guild names. Existing character and guild names with special characters will be unaffected by this change.

Little late on that one Blizzard.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    So last night, my raid did heroic Beth attempts, as over the past few weeks we've learned and defeated heroic Shannox, Ryolith, Domo and Alice.

After about three and a half hours, we called it for the night. We got her into ground phase ONCE, and she immidiately ate several spiderlings, and then we burned her to 50% before we got smashed.

Now the wiping I don't mind, it happens. But the lots and lots of stupid mistakes killing us were annoying. Hunter would do great on the spiderlings, and the upstairs healer would fall through the web. Everything is fine up on the web, hunter dies to poison goo. Things going great, and then someone with one of those asplody bugs wouldn't move out of the raid and boom...

But the icing on the cake was when one of the healers, in an effort to boost moral, said 'Hey, at least the Drones are being controlled well!' As I am the drone tank, I'm all :). Then the raid leader says 'Yeah, good job on drones Liandrist!' and I'm all oO.... :'(. Because Liandrist is a fury warrior that occasionally hits the drone in the butt. I get no love.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
This discussion has been closed.