Options

Minecraft! 1.8 Adventure Update is officially here! NEW MAP

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    Nothing weird was in the logs, at least when I skimmed them. Things like that tend to sort themselves out though.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Well, I can log into the server, although I'm still getting the two second kick.

Any hope for Ginger's plan? If it will work, please just stick me around Spawntown somewhere to make it easy. Otherwise, I'll just try logging in through the day and seeing if anyone is around to try the teleport.

• Options
    Mayabird wrote:
    Well, I can log into the server, although I'm still getting the two second kick.

Any hope for Ginger's plan? If it will work, please just stick me around Spawntown somewhere to make it easy. Otherwise, I'll just try logging in through the day and seeing if anyone is around to try the teleport.

I will try gingers plan, I just havent gotten the chance to do it yet.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    @Mayabird I think I did it correctly but I am not sure. I saved your old player.dat so i can restore you if I messed something up.

edit: Also thanks GM, that is a very cool program, makes me feel even more godlike now

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    Are we still looking for a better map program?

MCmap is pretty sweet, fast and Isometric renderer.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/37409-mcmap-isometric-renders-sspsmp-15-support/

It took only 2 minutes to render a 200Mb ssp map with my few years old pc.

(link to the map: http://zoom.it/rvHR . Not my world. just downloaded it)

It renders half blocks in correct colors, ignores tall grass (looks like regular grass) and pistons. But pistons are rarely visible anyway so it shouldn't be a problem.

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    Didn't like the look of my most used tools in JohnSmith's item set. So I made them my own.
    XYGEl.png

6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    dargondarkfiredargondarkfire wyomingRegistered User regular
    TheExAm wrote:
    Didn't like the look of my most used tools in JohnSmith's item set. So I made them my own.
    XYGEl.png

cool.

• Options
    Thanks again everyone for my rescue.

To whomever is firetruck on the server: do you have any plans beyond your tiki hut and moai on the larger continent that we're on? I'm your neighbor to the south, past the big bay.

On that note, I know general etiquette is to mark claims with torches and then not mess around with others' torch-claimed areas, but what about in my weird case where I'm building mostly deep underground and am planning to leave much of the surface in a "natural" state? Do I need to entorch all the area that I cover below? What about if I dig under the ocean?

• Options
    Leave some signs on a few block pillars around, maybe with some coords defining the boundaries of your area.

6Jx6HOg.png
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I always felt a really low wall of cobble (like you see in Scotland/Wales/England) could be used to fence off areas that see decent traffic. Just cobble one unit high. Also putting fenceposts within easy sight distance of each other with torches on top so it will turn up in night renders.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Do you mean like

1240763164Py5p8r.jpg

?

• Options
    Further edits
    FYI4S.png

Diamond tools need to be exotic and flashy dammit

6Jx6HOg.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    That shovel would be a massive pain in the arse to dig with in real life. The 'wings' on the blade would greatly increase the amount of effort required to dig...

Shovels look like this:

img309.jpg

for a reason.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    No doubt any tool made out of cubes would suck at real life work

• Options
    That's not the point I'm making, but yeah, you're correct anyway.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    It's a cube-eat-cube world

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Okay, exotic, flashy and useless.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
  • Options
    hello everyone. today is my birthday, wich ends in 20 minutes, lol.
    ive been busy all day, my folks surprised me with a 3ds as a bday gift, as well as a couple ds games and season 4 of eureka. ow this 3ds is a nergasm.
    anyone else have one and want to join friends lists.
    ow i hope notch gets a 3ds verion of minecraft out.

• Options
    eldercoreeldercore Registered User regular
    That shovel would be a massive pain in the arse to dig with in real life. The 'wings' on the blade would greatly increase the amount of effort required to dig...

Shovels look like this:

img309.jpg

for a reason.

diamond shovels don't NEED to be practical! they are made from DIAMONDS!

• Options
    The Future SoonThe Future Soon Registered User regular
    snip

WHY IS NO ONE LOOKING AT HOW AWESOME THIS IS

LOOK AT IT

IT IS AWESOME

I like it, for what that's worth.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    eldercore wrote:

Shovels look like this:

img309.jpg

for a reason.

diamond shovels don't NEED to be practical! they are made from DIAMONDS!

You may as well complain that swords in fantasy games are mostly impractical. That isn't the POINT!

I like those tools. They look rad and worthy of the effort put-into making diamond implements.

• Options
    Damnit I demand realism in my diamond-mining castle-building zombie killing game...

• Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    realism like blocks!

• Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    Apricot, what is going on with your avatar? Are you a businessman finch on tea break now?

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    introp wrote:
    Apricot, what is going on with your avatar? Are you a businessman finch on tea break now?

thats the britich finch having tea time, my good boy.

• Options
    I'm sorry, but Britich finches wear much better-fitching suits.

Also, dear whoever keeps visiting my treefarm: please stop cutting tunnels through the leaves over and over. Every time you do it, I have to cut down all the trees and replant them so it doesn't look like ass. Thank you.

• Options
    introp wrote:
    I'm sorry, but Britich finches wear much better-fitching suits.

Also, dear whoever keeps visiting my treefarm: please stop cutting tunnels through the leaves over and over. Every time you do it, I have to cut down all the trees and replant them so it doesn't look like ass. Thank you.
    not i, and when i hit the tree farm that i hit i cut the trees replant then sit in the stairwell for about a half hour to let them regrow.

• Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    whats wrong with my tea drinking birdy. ;d

• Options
    Everyone,

1) That's not a finch. That's a white-crowned sparrow.
    2) White-crowned sparrows are American, not British, though there's no reason a non-Brit can't enjoy a cup of tea.

But your wings! What happened to your wings? Inquisitive Chickadee needs to know!

@introp Do you mean the public tree farm in Spawn? I've been punching the bottom-most layer of leaves on the oak floor so there's a two block high path underneath all of them to walk through. I think it looks awful otherwise.

• Options
    I'm talking about the underground tree farm under my house, two floors down from partytown.

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    Stick a dirt block in the space where leaves are, hit it with a golden shovel, problem solved.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Also I'm on official hiatus. I have been playing this game for almost an entire year, that is a world record for me folks. I have some Powder Gangers to destroy, I'll be back for the Adventure update. In the mean time I'll follow this thread and if anyone has any questions or concerns they can bug me about it, I just won't be playing until the update. I might be head-admin chairperson, but Ultimak has the keys to the server so don't piss him off in my absence okay? :P

I just, I don't fucking care about mining anymore. I can't do it.

P.S. I forgot Half-Life 2 and TF2, I think I played those games for 3 years and 2 years respectively. D :

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    nuka wrote:
    Also I'm on official hiatus. I have been playing this game for almost an entire year, that is a world record for me folks. I have some Powder Gangers to destroy, I'll be back for the Adventure update. In the mean time I'll follow this thread and if anyone has any questions or concerns they can bug me about it, I just won't be playing until the update. I might be head-admin chairperson, but Ultimak has the keys to the server so don't piss him off in my absence okay? :P

I just, I don't fucking care about mining anymore. I can't do it.

P.S. I forgot Half-Life 2 and TF2, I think I played those games for 3 years and 2 years respectively. D :

also don't steal her stuff.

• Options
    Hey guys, sailing into the border is NOT a good idea.

I just keep crashing off the server. For some reason it's just glitching me in place, I can't turn around or even get out of the boat.

Hopefully I haven't fucked anything up for anyone else.

• Options
    Hey guys, sailing into the border is NOT a good idea.

I just keep crashing off the server. For some reason it's just glitching me in place, I can't turn around or even get out of the boat.

Hopefully I haven't fucked anything up for anyone else.

Yeah, you can now get trapped in the border fairly easily. Unfortunately you will need an admin to get you out, or I can alter your player.dat file.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    Can I get trapped in the border as easily on land? I just want to get to the very south-east of the map and mine like a mole-rat.

• Options
    Yup, you can get stuck easily regardless of travel method. It is very easy to know where the border is since its right at 7500 in each direction from spawn.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    Dang. So I'll have to be super-careful about getting too close to it. Is there a reason why our border plug-in does that? Is it on a bugfix list somewhere?

• Options
    Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    I wish minecraft had some better canyons. There are some awesome mega landscape coolness things that I am sure are very hard to code that would be amazing.

Canyon city for one.

Not today.
  • Options
    Well we were using a separate border plugin that worked really well, but it stopped working and I had to switch over to the border settings built into the world management plugin we use. Because of that its not very good, I may see what border plugins are still active and switching to one of them.

hLeTR.png
This discussion has been closed.