As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4e] The End of the World is Nigh (and getting Nigher) (OOC)

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Any kind of forced movement breaks grabs. Or if you prevent the grabber from being able to take immediate actions. It's arguably easier to break grabs via a forced movement than by bothering to make the escape check.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    And updated map would be nice... =/

And I have plenty of attacks that push. It's what my character was made for.

The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    SkyCaptain wrote:
    And updated map would be nice... =/

And I have plenty of attacks that push. It's what my character was made for.

Yeah, you kind of lose out on that, being at the end of the round. Roll better initiative. :P

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Aegis wrote:
    Any kind of forced movement breaks grabs. Or if you prevent the grabber from being able to take immediate actions. It's arguably easier to break grabs via a forced movement than by bothering to make the escape check.

Keep in mind that Restrained prevents the grabee from being forcibly moved, though, so it will have to be the grabber that gets moved.

• Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    wildwood wrote:
    wildwood wrote:
    Wasn't Aetheropod 2 still marked by Traugot? Wouldn't it attacking Aspen trigger divine sanction?

Correct!

Sweet, one solid swing of my dainty fist...

I can just picture Traugot continuing to attack the square it was in, while Aspen rolls around on the ground and makes muffled gestures toward his head... :)

Oh god.
    I just imagined Traugot flailing around at nothing long after the fights done.
    "VILE BEAST! I WILL SLAY YOU YET!"
    "Should we tell him?"
    "It's probably better not to."

• Options
    You could use pyromancers.com and everyone would be able to move tokens on their turn. :mrgreen:

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote:

Keep in mind that Restrained prevents the grabee from being forcibly moved, though, so it will have to be the grabber that gets moved.

Yes, these guys are dicks :P

Characters
  • Options
    wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    @SkyCaptain - I say go after the one on Unkirk, which is pretty close to you.

• Options
    Aegis wrote:
    Aegis wrote:

I think you should be grateful they don't have dicks.

• Options
    SkyCaptain wrote:
    You could use pyromancers.com and everyone would be able to move tokens on their turn. :mrgreen:

I'll take a look. For now you suffer.

• Options
    Eh... I just decided to delay my turn until Mazda + 1. I want to see if the Tiefling lady can escape on her own before I pick which one to shove.

• Options
    Are there any attack bonuses for a target that's attached to my head?

• Options
    wildwood wrote:
    Are there any attack bonuses for a target that's attached to my head?

Sadly no. Plus there's the added humiliation of, "Why are you hitting yourself Aspen? Huh? Huh? Why do you keep hitting yourself?"

You don't suffer from the "half damage is applied to you" thing, though. That only applies to damage from other sources.

• Options
    Does the exemption from half damage only apply to unarmed strikes, or to my club as well?

• Options
    wildwood wrote:
    Does the exemption from half damage only apply to unarmed strikes, or to my club as well?

Club as well. It takes some imagination, but you being you means you know enough not to hit yourself when you attack it. You still suffer the -2 to hit for being restrained, however.

• Options
    Does the lady in blue have any healing surges to spend were we to cast a healing power on her?

Characters
  • Options
    Yes. She has.. um.. 2 healing surges (he said, totally not making it up on the spot).

• Options
    RazorwiredRazorwired Registered User regular
    Sorry, crazy day yesterday with meetings and travel and stuff. Didn't get home until late and just kinda crashed out. Positioning looks right and all.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Woot! Aspen is free, the Aetheropod is prone and has 3 hp left and Traugot managed to hit it with an OA off my Opening Shove! And I even forgot to include the +2 for the creature being prone.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    Did the lady in blue remember to save against her ongong 5 psychic damage?

• Options
    It's not an OA or an Immediate Reaction, no? Your power just says he gets a free MBA which would be a free action.

Characters
  • Options
    As funny as Traugot is against invisible enemies, Pod 2's invisibility to him wore off after the turn when it slurped Aspen's head... :)

• Options
    Should I still have the ongoing 5 psychic, or is that contingent on having an Aetherpod on my head?

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Rules question: if I hit a target with a forced movement power who is currently grabbing an ally and I slide him out of his grab range during part of the forced movement, but then slide him back into range at the end of the forced movement, does the grab break?

(ie- Slide 3 squares, first 2 squares of movement places him out of grab range, then the last square of movement brings him back within range)

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Aegis wrote:
    It's not an OA or an Immediate Reaction, no? Your power just says he gets a free MBA which would be a free action.

Fixt!

• Options
    Also, going through the status list I'm pretty sure that that free MBA just killed the pod after the divine sanction/challenge took off 6 hp on Tiger's turn so hooray.

Characters
  • Options
    Double fixt. I think I quoted my post instead of his.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Aegis wrote:
    Aegis wrote:

I think you should be grateful they don't have dicks.

AD&D = Anime Dungeons and Dragons? ;-)

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Just to not be the hangup on moving things along, made post. If it turns out it doesn't break the grab...I don't think it matters since Kaz will still have flanking on it where I've moved it to.

Also, I'm pretty sure the status block is now properly updated. The map seems to be slightly wrong in that Traugot should be in B-26, not A-26 from what I can gather of his last post.

Characters
  • Options
    1. It's not a "ongoing - save ends" it's an "ongoing - 'monster no longer eating your head' ends"

A-1b. Yes to the forced move ending grabbed so long as at some point it was far enough away

XXCL. yes, #2 is dead dead dead

1.2x10^13. Traugot didn't say where he was moving, he just said that he moved forward and took a swing at the invisible thing (and missed (twice!)). It's one of several times someone has moved without saying where they're moving to. So I'm interpreting as best I can.

• Options
    Oh okay I missed that then.

Characters
  • Options
    Yeah sorry Tiger, been trying to remember that.

Also I totally did not just edit in my movement that I took.

• Options
    RazorwiredRazorwired Registered User regular
    Looks like I'll be out of town from tomorrow(Thursday)afternoon until Monday. I'll see if I can get my lappy up and running or something but I'll be at a campground. If I can't get on would anyone like to autopilot the Rogue for a few days?

• Options
    I can give it a try, if you like, @Razorwired

• Options
    jcpillarsjcpillars Registered User regular
    It looks like Wildwood forgot to include the damage Kaz (Razorwind) did to Aetheropod 1. He is at 11 hitpoints, and wildwood had him back to 30 hps, which was copied when The Muffin Man made his attack. I'm going to take my turn with the Aetheropod 1 at 11 hit points a the start. I'll change it back if someone can tell me I am missing something.

• Options
    Yeah, I did miss it. Good catch.

• Options
    Pfft, grabs. I laugh at your grabs.

Characters
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity, would a helmet with a sharp spike on it have any impact on the Aetheropods' ability to grab?

• Options
    wildwood wrote:
    Just out of curiosity, would a helmet with a sharp spike on it have any impact on the Aetheropods' ability to grab?

No, it would just turn them on.

• Options
    wildwood wrote:

No, it would just turn them on.

Goddammit JapanSpace.