The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

DivX wont recognize an audio format

DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
Okay so I have this video i'm trying to watch but I cant hear anything. Every time I start it I get this message :

''You may need additional Audio Decoder to play the soundtrack of this file.

This file contains a track in an unknown format (code "4294967295") format. You may need to install a DirectShow Decoder for this Audio format in order to hear the soundtrack of this file.''

I looked online and everyone seemed to say this decoder would do the job just fine : http://www.free-codecs.com/download/gpl_mpeg-1_2_directshow_decoder_filter.htm

I downloaded it, installed it, restarted my computer, and it still aint working.

I'm clueless, i dont want to start downloading tons of random decoders to make it work. I really dont know anything in this domain

Also, its originally a .mkv file, so i cant run it on windows media player or quicktime either

Dadouw on

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Have you tried VLC?

"For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
  • corky842corky842 Registered User regular
    Either VLC or CCCP should play MKV files just fine.

Darmak wrote: »
    Something is wrong with me