As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Xerath preview up. Kog'maw looking into lawyers.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Why would they do anything to morde?

he's too strong

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Jars wrote:
    ap shaco can kill people with a dfg and lichbane

then late game your clone blows up for 1300 damage on their entire team

Yeah, but you have to survive until the point you can afford the 6000 gold those 2 items will cost you.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    The thing is, Orianna's damage isn't out of line. If you remember the theorycrafting I did, her numbers aren't all that different from several other casters. The issue is that once she has blue buff, she has stupid harassment power, and the only way to deal with that that I can see without nerfing her hard without blue buff (which a damage nerf would be) is to slow the ball speed the further it gets away from Orianna.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

he's too strong

IDK, he's a bully in lane, but he doesn't bring much later on.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Dark_Side wrote:
    Jars wrote:

Yeah, but you have to survive until the point you can afford the 6000 gold those 2 items will cost you.

Survive?

Shaco has some fairly good ganking ability and poke potential.

He just can't really team fight that well no matter how you build him... (unless we go back in time to sunfire stacking!) so why not just leave that to your clone and throw daggers at peoples faces?

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular

Apparently he was op as fuck but I never found out how. EVERY ranked I did people banned morde or told me to ban morde. Never gave an explanation. One queue dodged when I didn't and he was last picked.

• Options
    No, he's still pretty much a massive beefcake who deals high damage, is highly survivable, and provides a slight buffer between your squishies and their squishies, as he is.

Gunblade, WotA, Rylai's, Warmog's is pretty much his build now, and he becomes a tough fucker to shut down.

• Options

he's too strong

Yeah, I'd like to see his shield nerfed some, at least then you could reasonably expect to whittle him down in a lane. As it is right now he can just free farm in a lane as long as he wants with nothing but a regrowth pendant.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

he's too strong

I don't know, once he got FoN and Sunfire cape with hextech revolver/gunblade mixed in along the way he becomes really really tough to deal with. He is able to walk into 3v1's and come out with a kill. He can initiate by simply walking forward.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    he's a no-resource caster with lots of damage, sustainability, lane dominance, and built in tankiness that also has the GHOST portion of his ultimate, which is super strong considering how a lot of games these days are built around having a glass cannon ad carry that hangs out in the back of the fight

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I think if we're going to nerf him maybe looking at the cost of his abilities would be a good start.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Taric?

My guess it that it'll be outrageous.

Truly truly truly truly...outrageous.

Shurelia had posted in the forums that they're re-working his ult. So that's probably the Taric change

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    rather see morde's ult nerfed more than anything.

• Options
    the ghost only lasting eight seconds sounds about right

• Options
    wazilla wrote:
    Dark_Side wrote:
    Jars wrote:

Survive?

He just can't really team fight that well no matter how you build him... (unless we go back in time to sunfire stacking!) so why not just leave that to your clone and throw daggers at peoples faces?

Every AP shaco I've ever seen in this game has been worthless. I'm not saying you can't pull off the build, but it's a gimmick and only works against bad teams. You have 2 AP based attacks in your basic kit( Minus ult), one of them being boxes (with a .25 ratio) you have to lure people into. I guess you could jungle, but that seems horribly inefficient when going AP, which means you're stuck in a lane as a melee trying to last hit, which leaves you pretty vulnerable as Shaco.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    the heal could be reduced as well. I've had plenty of stupid 2v1s as morde where I go "lolnope" ult+ignite, double kill with my fresh ghost.

• Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    and nothing about Xin Zhao. I'm normally not a nerf herder, but damn he needs a nerf. Can sit in lane all damn day, has a slow and a popup on short cooldowns, and does high damage.

Or maybe I'm all baloo hoo hoo because he constantly kicks my ass and the only suggestion for 'how do I beat him' is 'CC and Focus' which is the most useless suggestion in the history of ever.

Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    hasn't xin been nerfed like ten times this year

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote:
    The thing is, Orianna's damage isn't out of line. If you remember the theorycrafting I did, her numbers aren't all that different from several other casters. The issue is that once she has blue buff, she has stupid harassment power, and the only way to deal with that that I can see without nerfing her hard without blue buff (which a damage nerf would be) is to slow the ball speed the further it gets away from Orianna.

It's definitely a solid solution for fixing her, damage isn't her problem, doing similar damage and being in 0 danger since her range is so ridiculous. She can sit 800+ away and QWEQ and it can be tough to dodge the second Q as it is. I certainly don't think she'd be UP with a ball speed nerf, she just wouldn't be worth me spending 6300 IP on and dedicating time to.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    TehSloth wrote:
    I certainly don't think she'd be UP with a ball speed nerf, she just wouldn't be worth me spending 6300 IP on and dedicating time to.
    4800*

She's cheap!

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Xin's been nerfed a lot, yeah. He's pretty much average at the moment, I think.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Some ways to deal with Xin is to just let him push your lane and keep the wave juuuust outside the turret, preventing it from pushing back. This requires some lane management experience. He has no real escapes so being overextended like that is really dangerous for him. Any reliable harass is also good as he will try and mitigate it by auto attacking minions to recover, keeping the lane pushed. You then attempt to burst him down, or just safely farm at your leisure. If you can burst him down enough, he will not be able to approach the minions to recover on fear of death.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    i mean i guess he's got pretty good jungle ganks but what lane does he fit in these days? Mid and top have bullies and he isn't a ranged carry or a support so

• Options
    A-Puck wrote:
    and nothing about Xin Zhao. I'm normally not a nerf herder, but damn he needs a nerf. Can sit in lane all damn day, has a slow and a popup on short cooldowns, and does high damage.

Or maybe I'm all baloo hoo hoo because he constantly kicks my ass and the only suggestion for 'how do I beat him' is 'CC and Focus' which is the most useless suggestion in the history of ever.

Xin doesn't need nerfs >:(. As it is he's been over-nerfed. Who are you playing as when you lose to him?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i don't think any competitive player regards xin as anything but bad

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote:
    TehSloth wrote:
    I certainly don't think she'd be UP with a ball speed nerf, she just wouldn't be worth me spending 6300 IP on and dedicating time to.
    4800*

She's cheap!

O rly....

Man, now she's looking a lot more attractive than Cass. I'm so conflicted!

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Every AP shaco I've ever seen in this game has been worthless. I'm not saying you can't pull off the build, but it's a gimmick and only works against bad teams. You have 2 AP based attacks in your basic kit( Minus ult), one of them being boxes (with a .25 ratio) you have to lure people into. I guess you could jungle, but that seems horribly inefficient when going AP, which means you're stuck in a lane as a melee trying to last hit, which leaves you pretty vulnerable as Shaco.

heh heh heh

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    A-Puck wrote:

Xin doesn't need nerfs >:(. As it is he's been over-nerfed. Who are you playing as when you lose to him?

Actually I think his damage is about right, it's that his tool box is disgusting. He has two soft CCs (slow and popup), a dash, a passive/active steroid, AoE true damage, a defense boost, and a passive innate self heal. And has most of that going by level 3.

But I'll buy that he doesn't need nerfs. So how do YOU beat him? Because I can't do shit to him. (Mostly playing WW)

• Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    Solo lane WW against Xin? Why are you bothering to fight each other?

1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Dark_Side wrote:
    wazilla wrote:
    Dark_Side wrote:
    Jars wrote:

Survive?

This is kind of a weird statement because it seems like you're saying that he only has two AP based attacks, not counting his ult which is another AP attack, but that makes all of his attacks AP so now I guess I'm confused!

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    His ult is physical damage. Thornmail still remains one of the most gold efficient counters. Warden's mail is a generally great item and frozen heart on those that enjoy it are fantastic.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular

he's too strong

He is way too strong with all his stuns and escapes.

Wait wut?

• Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote:
    Bethryn wrote:
    TehSloth wrote:
    4800*

She's cheap!

O rly....

Man, now she's looking a lot more attractive than Cass. I'm so conflicted!

Is that confirmed?

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    Fellhand wrote:

he's too strong

He is way too strong with all his stuns and escapes.

Wait wut?

See that's what I'm worried about. He's beefy as fuck sure, but he lacks a lot of the tools his role usually fills.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    A-Puck wrote:
    A-Puck wrote:

Actually I think his damage is about right, it's that his tool box is disgusting. He has two soft CCs (slow and popup), a dash, a passive/active steroid, AoE true damage, a defense boost, and a passive innate self heal. And has most of that going by level 3.

But I'll buy that he doesn't need nerfs. So how do YOU beat him? Because I can't do shit to him. (Mostly playing WW)

So one by one.

1. He does have 2 cc's, but one requires 3 successive auto attacks and the other is only targetable on enemies.
    2. His ult isn't true damage, and armor reduces its damage to you
    3. Only bad xin zhao is healing through auto attacking minions.
    4. He has no escapes. XZ is kind of all or nothing. You go in, fight mans, hope you kill them before they kill you, or you flash out and hope you get away.

I think that WW probably could be XZ in lane, harass with Q, heal with your passive when he try to fight you. Your first item after boots in that lane should be glacial shroud.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    See that's what I'm worried about. He's beefy as fuck sure, but he lacks a lot of the tools his role usually fills.

his role is to kill people while being a loser

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Solo lane WW against Xin? Why are you bothering to fight each other?

0.o

His dash means that I can't avoid him if I want to get any farm. If he attacks, I have the choice of fighting or trying to run away. If I fight he out heals and out damages me unless I have a decent level or gold (item) advantage. If I run, I die.

The reason that I think he needs a nerf/re-work is that he doesn't seem to have any weaknesses. He is good against ranged, tanks, and melee. If you need to counter pick a specific champ in order to have a chance against any one champ, that one champ needs to be re-worked or nerfed.
    So one by one.

1. He does have 2 cc's, but one requires 3 successive auto attacks and the other is only targetable on enemies.
    2. His ult isn't true damage, and armor reduces its damage to you
    3. Only bad xin zhao is healing through auto attacking minions.
    4. He has no escapes. XZ is kind of all or nothing. You go in, fight mans, hope you kill them before they kill you, or you flash out and hope you get away.

I think that WW probably could be XZ in lane, harass with Q, heal with your passive when he try to fight you. Your first item after boots in that lane should be glacial shroud.

Not being nitpicky, trying to understand

1. What do you mean by 'only targetable on enemies'? I don't understand how that'd be a problem or drawback at all. What else would you target except enemies? Or was that more in reference to #4, saying that he can't use the dash portion as an escape.
    2. I misread the '+15% of your max health' portion of his ult as true damage, but it sure doesn't say that when I look again. Mea Culpia
    3. If you are low on hit points, why on earth would you not want to heal those? I wish they wouldn't heal up on minions, then I could wear him down and kill him.

I'll definitely look into Glacial Shroud the next time I lane against him, thanks!

A-Puck on
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    man i dunno i think WW wins the "healing while hitting" fight

hit W and QQQQQQQ him and you will outsustain

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Talith wrote:
    Phreak wrote:
    Patch Preview contents:

Mordekaiser, Shen, Taric, Orianna, Shaco.

Go, go, gadget speculation!

Sweet sweet shen buffs. If it really is buffs on his q and w, I'm going to be having a fun ol' time. A few levels in Q starts hitting squishies pretty hard already. More damage will make it formidable. A faster channel time on his ult wouldn't go amiss either.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Maddoc wrote:
    Dark_Side wrote:
    wazilla wrote:
    Dark_Side wrote:
    Jars wrote:

Survive?

This is kind of a weird statement because it seems like you're saying that he only has two AP based attacks, not counting his ult which is another AP attack, but that makes all of his attacks AP so now I guess I'm confused!

It's a comment on his early game, which is considered fairly abysmal and probably bugged if you were to believe the forums. I think you're going to get better utility early game focusing AD, and I don't consider his ult really reliable early on. (I've never seen it do appreciable damage early.) So yes, if you can survive to get those two items and not be behind everyone else, you can do some sick AP damage, but it's damn hard to get there. Every single AP Shaco I see tries to bait box traps in the bushes and basically turns the game into an extended 4v5.

But this is my opinion of course, if it works for you do it, I only ever consider queue dodging when I see obvious trolls, or people start fighting in the lobby chat.

Dark_Side on
This discussion has been closed.