As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Force headphone amp on Realtek ALC888 onboard sound card

KamarKamar Registered User regular
edited October 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So, until I switched to Windows 7 and the new Realtek control panel, it would ask me what the device I was plugging in was, regardless of the slot I used. If I chose headphone, it activated the headphone amp and made things sound a ton better and louder.

But since the update, the rear connectors all default to speaker. There is no way to change one over to headphone. The front connector worked and amped properly, as it is now always 'headphone', but I don't have a front jack that works on my current setup.

When I had this problem before, I managed to hunt down a guy who was able to force the setting by using some sort of advanced audio program, but it was for Mac or Linux, don't remember which. Back then my eventual solution was to fix my front jack, but that's not an option now.

Anyone know a program or tool or trick I can use to restore input selection or force headphone amplification on my read connectors?

Kamar on