Options

Go post in the new STEAM thread, plzkthnxbai

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Are we expecting new dailies tomorrow, or a greatest hits type deal?

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    I heard my tastiness being requested.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Ooh I found another hidden sale! Repubλic Commλndo is 40% off! The whole Star Wars collection is, in fact, including all the games in it. So in addition to Republic Commando, you've got some other gems: the Dark Forces collection and... okay those are the only other good Star Wars games, aside from KOTOR which was already on sale.

crap sorry I thought more people where aware of that. I had been keeping an eye on the jedi knight collection this whole sale. I should have said something.

Lol KOTOR's daily for yesterday was only $1 less than it is now.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    PierceNeck wrote:
    I would kill someone for a cheesecake right now.

That's kind of bone chilling when paired with your avatar. Don't kill me. I accept money for my cheesecake. No need for blood!

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Yeah. Dumb regional markup. If it were on price parity with everywhere else I'd have already bought the damn thing.

Also, I have a spare copy the original Deus Ex sitting around, if anyone doesn't already own it. Usual PA gifting restrictions apply (active long-time member blah blah)

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Catalase wrote:
    Catalase wrote:
    So, what are the odds Sonic Generations is going to go on a daily either now or at Christmas? I know GMG has it for $30 but they won't take my credit card.

I was hoping Limbo would go on as a daily sale, so I held off. Glad I did. :) Looks like there's alot of classiness going on up in the new thread.

Sonic is $30 on Steam. It has no discount, so I doubt it'll see a daily tomorrow. But hey, that's 20 bucks cheaper than the console version for 1080p @60FPS with AA.
    Australia. So from my perspective, Sonic is FIFTY dollars on Steam. :P

Ah, that's too bad. You can cross your fingers for tomorrow, but I bet it'll be The Xmas sale that finally sees a discount on it.

Amazon has, or at least, it for $25 yesterday. I was seriously considering it since I've been seriously wanting to get my Sonic on with it, but I spent way too much money on blu-rays and xmas gifts.

I'm seriously hoping for new dailies due to this being a relatively short sale.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    The greatest hits were after a week of sales, so probably new ones

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm going to be very sad if we don't get a super cheap Bastion.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    I'm going to be very sad if we don't get a super cheap Bastion.

Wasn't Bastion on sale like a week or two ago?

I'm hoping for new deals tomorrow too... it seemed too short for a greatest hits.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Just noticed the Civ 5 GoTY is only 16 bucks. That's a pretty killer deal.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Auburn, are you actually Auburn? Or a tiger?

Answer carefully! The fate of a copy of the Graveyard rests on it!

Also, I just realized I never set up a Wishlist. How fool of me. Sorry about that, all you guys trying to find stuff to gift me.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    David WalgasDavid Walgas Registered User regular
    The christmas sale is going to be the death of me isn't it? Awesome.

• Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    w00t! Just ordered remaining Portal 2 lithographs from the Valve store. Set completed.

• Options
    I have Auburn hair, but don't feel like much of a tiger after today's loss.

• Options
    PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    Just a reminder for free Overlord! Drawing ends in about 2.5 hours.

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/P4Tbz/overlord

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Has anyone else been getting this message that pops up when you are accepting a gift (The open my gift button)

Says this gift is invalid blah blah blah, but I can still download it and I see it in my library after I open it. This a glitch or something?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    I find it hilarious that I have 6 friends (adult, male friends) who own Secret of the Magic Crystals.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote:
    Has anyone else been getting this message that pops up when you are accepting a gift (The open my gift button)

Says this gift is invalid blah blah blah, but I can still download it and I see it in my library after I open it. This a glitch or something?

I saw that yesterday. It happened after coming back to my computer after the popup had been sitting there for who knows how long, so I think maybe it's caused by time?

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    This thread is lacking in a Divine Cybermancy 4-pack.

Comes out to 7.50 a person.

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I find it hilarious that I have 6 friends (adult, male friends) who own Secret of the Magic Crystals.

Stormwatcher decided I needed poneh.

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote:

yeah that's been happening for a while now

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular

Nobody tell Auburn about Bronies.

• Options
    So, was HAWX any good? I remember hearing people bitch about it when it came out, but for $2.50, it could be a much needed scratch to that fighter-sim itch I've had.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    it's not great, but it's probably worth $2.50 if you wanna hop in a jet and shoot some dudes arcade-style

edit: and yeah, to emphasize, it is super arcadey
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd9nNF-D7Dk

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Riokenn wrote:

Yep, I get that after every gifting. Also, bask in the glory of santa-hatted Lord Snot! Thanks to @Tychocelchuuu for making it.

So, was HAWX any good? I remember hearing people bitch about it when it came out, but for $2.50, it could be a much needed scratch to that fighter-sim itch I've had.

I really enjoyed HAWX. If you know it's an arcade fighter-sim, it's everything you want from a fighter sim. Get it, play with a joystick or controller. Well worth 2.50.

Lord_Snot on
  • Options
    Well I'm not looking for a jets-version of Steel Battalion, so hell yeah! Thanks for recommendation.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Ok, so during the Halloween sale, I picked up a copy of Borderlands; GOTY edition for a friend, but he is so uninterested that he never actually redeemed it. I am not ENTIRELY sure how re-gifting a sent game works, but at any rate, I have a spare copy of Borderlands. (And yes, the GOTY edition features all of the DLC...) Anyway, I am not a Steam PA member, nor am I asking for an invite, but if anyone wants this game, send me a PM. I assume I will need your steam user ID name. I don't have any ideas for cool contests or anything, so it is basically first come, first serve.

EDIT: To summarize: If you want Borderlands GOTY, PM me with your steam username. First come, first serve.

If there is a more anonymous way to re-gift a game over to someone, and you would rather do it that way, let me know how.

EDIT AGAIN: Looks like this has been claimed.

Neco on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    A shout out to Vegeta_666 for Limbo! My friends taunted me with it on the 360 a year ago, and when it came out on Steam it was a little too rich for my blood. I threw it up on my wishlist at the start of the sale (it was on sale but not a daily, so I figured what the hell)... I come back from a day today of dealing with fucking Citrix servers that are unstable, and there it sits! Wewt!

Also, from page 1: Holy shit, gifting Skyrim? Off-sale and full price? Newell is pleased, I'm sure!

I'm strongly eyeing Civ 5, but I own Civ 4 and don't put a ton of time into world-building games unless their name is Master of Magic... I've heard 5 is more approachable, which might be what I need. (Stupid GOTY being $5 more than the base game.)

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Wow, Dungeon Defenders looks like it could be a great game to grind into if there are some other people to get into it.
    I didn't miss it on daily, did I? I don't remember it being up...

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    I just realized I'm not in the main PA steam group, only Armadeadon. Can someone invite me?

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I just realized I'm not in the main PA steam group, only Armadeadon. Can someone invite me?

Invite sent!

Also, I'm hoping for the games I'm holding out on to still get a daily deal. NWN 2, Jade Empire (this never goes on sale), Bulletstorm, SPAZ, Lego Harry Potter and Hard Reset. I also missed the deal on Renegade Ops and after watching that Giant Bomb video linked earlier I really want it. Also might pick up The Club, it never seems to get a big deal and 50% off might be just be tempting enough.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I still have the Sanctum DLCs Aftershock and Aftermatch for anyone who wants (the rest is gone). Just send me a MP

EDIT: Sent to a good home.

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited November 2011

Don't get it unless you like trying to fly your plane from a bizarre sideways exterior angle all the time.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    Thanks for the invite, guys.

Also, just friended @Drake. Kind of surprised I wasn't already friends with him, but hey, all better now.

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Many thanks to @Gaardean for sending me a copy of Limbo!

EDIT- Also, is Skyrim the best game? Apparently I have to make a Christmas list and I don't know if it's something I should wait on or not. Waiting means it gets on the list.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Indeed. I saw you ask for the invite, went to my friends list and I was a little surprised you weren't there.

And thanks for that copy of The Dig, they are gonna have to redefine class around your example.

• Options
    It's an often-overlooked gem in the LucasArts adventure line. I've got a soft spot for it.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Skyrim's pretty fun, but honestly it's not multiplayer and age will only make it better with patches, mods, and DLC. If you aren't jonesing for it, I'd say you could safely wait.

edit: Oh shit hold the phone I just noticed there's another victim of antecantelope's rampage of benevolence and culture. Many thanks for The Witcher!

oh god now i have to play this before witcher 2

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    PierceNeck wrote:
    Many thanks to @Gaardean for sending me a copy of Limbo!

EDIT- Also, is Skyrim the best game? Apparently I have to make a Christmas list and I don't know if it's something I should wait on or not. Waiting means it gets on the list.

Skyrim is really good, and it has a lot of hours worth of enjoyment in there. Probably more hours than you'll know what to do with. However. Saints Row 3 is the best game of the year. Just less hours of playtime for the same price.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.