As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Upgrading My Xbox 360 Hard Drive

NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
edited December 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So the old 20GB isn't doing it for me. Want to upgrade to a 250GB or 320GB (I have the old Xbox, not the slim one).

Is there any way to buy a genuine 320GB hard drive for the old Xbox version outside of buying a special edition Xbox? The 250GB should do, but if I can get the larger hard drive for a similar price, I figured why not.

Is there a best place to buy a hard drive? I checked out Amazon, Best Buy and eBay, this one looked the most promising:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370562636022?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

^ $90 for a new official MS 250GB hard drive.

Is there somewhere else I should be looking? I'm looking for a decent price, possibly the 320GB version and I want to buy an official version to avoid any headaches.

Thanks!

NibCrom on

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    There is no official non-slim 320GB hard drive.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    If you want an official version for the original design, $90 is the best you'll do. Like @admanb said, there is no 320GB drive for the non-slim boxes.

• Options
    Good info, guys. Thanks for the help.

• Options
    DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    Check out GameStop. I talked to to the owner of an independent game store and he was telling me these things pretty much never fail, so you could opt for used/refurb. I've an arcade and was going to buy an HDD, but I'll be using USB sticks until I run out of space (I think it'll do 2 x 16GB).

• Options
    Thanks for the info, Djeet.