As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] Maxed out like your credit card. Go post in the new thread!

145791099

Posts

  • TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 Registered User regular
    Of course I am gifted DOTA 2 when I am neck deep in SW:TOR. Still pretty psyched but poor timing.

    steam_sig.png
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    oh man, i hit a jamestown wall by trying to advance on legendary. tried pretty , much all the ships but haven't been able to do much of anything.

    so far not impressed with the bomber

    camo_sig.png
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    That Poker Night at the Inventory achievement is just dumb

  • Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    Lord Yod wrote:
    holy balls the beat hazard cheevos D:

    I managed the 5 minute achievement after a few tries

    Only because an ACDC song came up on the christmas radio station so my ship actually had a decent damage output, the song that came after was a quiet piano one that I only just survived

    I've gotten to 9 minutes 3 times.

    I'm not sure I can do this anymore.

    steam_sig.png
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    9 minutes is the highest I've reached

    Christmas songs get really old really fast

  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I hate Christmas music so much that I don't even want to attempt that one

    97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    mts wrote:
    oh man, i hit a jamestown wall by trying to advance on legendary. tried pretty , much all the ships but haven't been able to do much of anything.

    so far not impressed with the bomber

    I had good luck with just leaving the Gunner firing all-ahead; it does a lot of damage with two beams. I stopped trying to use the secondary fire entirely, and that got me through Legendary.
    That said, I didn't have a lot of luck with the Bomber either. I suspect that it's very good when used by someone with more talent, but it didn't do much for me.

    ETA: Just starting to try Spacechem again, after doing the first level....it's compulsive, and..well, at the end of the first planet...difficult.
    Clearly my brain sucks.

    CroakerBC on
  • MangarooMangaroo Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Tried jamestown out with the 360 controller but didn't seem to give that great control - seemed to sway too much and had odd deadzone settings...may need to dust off the old arcade stick. Having a lot of short bursts of fun with inMomentum too, although usually more when I just press both mouse buttons at the same time...seem to get away with it on casual too.

    I want to spend more time on Batman AC to maintain the atmosphere but I enjoy playing as batman so much I'm like in the bat-stalker zone for too long and just want to crawl through the story. I found out that you can cancel a swing by nose-diving which I'm hoping results in some nice spiderman building coverage.

    Demigod bundle expiration, 14hrs +_+

    Mangaroo on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    mts wrote:
    oh man, i hit a jamestown wall by trying to advance on legendary. tried pretty , much all the ships but haven't been able to do much of anything.

    so far not impressed with the bomber
    The gunner is the only ship worth a damn. The game plays like a dream with a 360 controller. Just beat the game on legendary, trying my hand at gauntlet mode. Humble bundle was worth $5 for Jamestown alone.

    Demigod is an absolute shitpile. Don't buy it.

    JAEF on
  • MangarooMangaroo Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    JAEF wrote:
    The gunner is the only ship worth a damn. The game plays like a dream with a 360 controller. Just beat the game on legendary, trying my hand at gauntlet mode. Humble bundle was worth $5 for Jamestown alone.

    Demigod is an absolute shitpile. Don't buy it.

    Wait wait, plays good on 360 controller? Hmm...
    277139_174628385939442_1096265_n.jpg

    Although seems to be working for others on the the steam forums. It doesn't even let me use the D-pad but I will give it another shot. Really want to handle that hrap stick again though..

    Re:Demigod on steam...I want to forget I have resources tied up in stardock

    Mangaroo on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Mangaroo wrote:
    Although seems to be working for others on the the steam forums. It doesn't even let me use the D-pad but I will give it another shot.
    My DPad works fine with it, although I prefer the stick. Do you have a wireless one or something? I have a wired one. Don't tell other people it doesn't work when it's a personal problem :?

  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    SpaceChem Christmas cheevo was simple enough.

    Why, oh why did I believe you?! That comment gave me a little hope and I went for it.
    I felt dumb! I had to look up a couple of solutions at http://spacechem.net/leaderboards and then I felt even dumber!
    I hate you! D:
    But at least the achievement is done now!
    Thanks for that! :mrgreen:

    Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Lord Yod wrote:
    Lord Yod wrote:
    holy balls the beat hazard cheevos D:

    I managed the 5 minute achievement after a few tries

    Only because an ACDC song came up on the christmas radio station so my ship actually had a decent damage output, the song that came after was a quiet piano one that I only just survived

    I've gotten to 9 minutes 3 times.

    I'm not sure I can do this anymore.

    The List offers up the dirty stinking cheater option if you're not picky.
    Easy way: After statring the survival, disconnect all connections made by Beat Hazard (eg. with TCPView) kill yourself, you shouldn't be spawned again, then just wait 20min

    Maclay on
  • MangarooMangaroo Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    JAEF wrote:
    Mangaroo wrote:
    Although seems to be working for others on the the steam forums. It doesn't even let me use the D-pad but I will give it another shot.
    My DPad works fine with it, although I prefer the stick. Do you have a wireless one or something? I have a wired one. Don't tell other people it doesn't work when it's a personal problem :?

    I've got both but was using wired at the time. I figured it disables the d-pad since anologue works fine (and I use d-pad regularly in bf3). Oh seems to be not just my issue, jack:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2050751

    But mainly my issue was with their setting choices for deadzones with the game - the ship moves too much for the amount I am pressing and only when it is quite far out there. Probably just practice and getting used to it. Which will be quite easy as the game seems lovely, damn good bundle.

    Edit: Tried it again and weird problems with the d-pad, although works fine at the menus. It's easily playable with the thumbstick anyway but doesn't give as good control as the iphone shootemups that I had been playing for like a year: Phoenix mostly.

    Mangaroo on
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    mts wrote:
    oh man, i hit a jamestown wall by trying to advance on legendary. tried pretty , much all the ships but haven't been able to do much of anything.

    so far not impressed with the bomber
    Of the three I have, which I think are beam, gunner, and charge I like beam (the only ship available at the beginning) and the charge because it's interesting. The gunner screws me up because I can't get a good handle on the alt-fire. It sounds neat, but I would want it tied to the right stick instead of the left and it screws me up that it isn't that way.

    steam_sig.png
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Charge is a fantastic ship in Jamestown. Screw gunner. Especially for bosses. Just having to dodge bullets and occasionally alt fire to destroy huge sections of the bosses = easymode.

    steam_sig.png
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Gunner is almost perfect it just needs to invert the turret control. Who thought moving towards the stuff shooting you was a good idea?

    Also Beat Hazard's cheevos can go fuck themselves.

    steam_sig.png
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I think I have three of the Christmas achievement games. Why do they rarely pick things I own?

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Hey guys, new thread smells great.

  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    If I remember correctly, most of the Summer sale achievements were easy and not very time consuming (with a few exceptions ofc).
    Since there are games with more than one christmas achievement I bet they will only require one of them or the easiest.
    I'm looking at you Super Meat Boy, Beat Hazard and Bit.Trips!

    camo_sig2.png
  • heenatoheenato Registered User regular
    Oh god. That reminds me. I tried bit trip runner. I cant get past the first level. Is it easier with a controller or something, because I have a hell of a time trying to do it on a keyboard.

    M A G I K A Z A M
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    heenato wrote:
    Oh god. That reminds me. I tried bit trip runner. I cant get past the first level. Is it easier with a controller or something, because I have a hell of a time trying to do it on a keyboard.

    I'd much rather play the game with my controller. Especially as they introduce more buttons.

  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I played with a controller and the controls made sense. Never tried it with KBaM though.

    steam_sig.png
  • KlatuKlatu Registered User regular
    Where is the list of steam achievements for the sales? Had a quick flick through the thread but couldn't see it.

    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    Klatu wrote:
    Where is the list of steam achievements for the sales? Had a quick flick through the thread but couldn't see it.

    http://steamtreasurehunt.wikia.com/wiki/Winter_Objectives

  • KlatuKlatu Registered User regular
    Thanks :)

    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I should be able to 1cc Jamestown, but I keep doing stupid reckless shit, and those ships with missiles on Chapter 2 keep messing me up, because I keep expecting an audio cue.

    For those who have not played Touhou, an enemy shot always produces a sound. And a shot changing direction always produces a soft bell chime. I keep expecting a bell chime when those missiles come straight at me.

    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Trying to cross Far Cry 2 off my baglog (one of the first ones I bought on steam, it appears) but its just so freaking long. Every sunset, I am struck by how beautiful it is and there is a satisfaction with shooting 2 men in the ankles, watching their friends come in and drag them to safety, and abscond with their ATV in relative safety.

  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    I got to 17 minutes 4 times in Beat Hazard. So many Christmas songs.

    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I keep hearing about this Poker Night at the Inventory cheevo where you win with 2 kings. Why not 3 kings? Y'know, Christmas and all.

    Am I missing something?

  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    That Defcon Christmas cheevo is wonderful. I agree that Bit Trip Runner seems mad difficult on KBM.

    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote:
    I keep hearing about this Poker Night at the Inventory cheevo where you win with 2 kings. Why not 3 kings? Y'know, Christmas and all.

    Am I missing something?

    It is three kings.

    And not 4 kings, or a full house, to some achievement-seekers' dismay.

  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote:
    I keep hearing about this Poker Night at the Inventory cheevo where you win with 2 kings. Why not 3 kings? Y'know, Christmas and all.

    Am I missing something?

    Uh, the achievement is for 3 Kings, not 2...

    And yes, specific hand achievements are tedious in Poker Night given the dependence on luck and the slow pace of the game. That said, I managed Summer of '69 over the summer, and that was harder, so I expect I'll manage this one at some point.

  • Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    S5n0i.jpg

    might be time for a break

    Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    Mangaroo wrote:
    Tried jamestown out with the 360 controller but didn't seem to give that great control - seemed to sway too much and had odd deadzone settings...may need to dust off the old arcade stick. Having a lot of short bursts of fun with inMomentum too, although usually more when I just press both mouse buttons at the same time...seem to get away with it on casual too.

    I want to spend more time on Batman AC to maintain the atmosphere but I enjoy playing as batman so much I'm like in the bat-stalker zone for too long and just want to crawl through the story. I found out that you can cancel a swing by nose-diving which I'm hoping results in some nice spiderman building coverage.

    Demigod bundle expiration, 14hrs +_+

    Demigod is tons of fun. At least I like it so far. The multiplayer campaign thing online sure is a cool idea too.

    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    Lord Yod wrote:
    S5n0i.jpg

    might be time for a break

    But you need more Christmas in your life Yod!

    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Registered User regular
    I hear awesome things regarding Payday from you guys... but then a Meta score of 71... so conflicted...

    7 out of 10 used to mean "good" :(

    I should clarify... there's tons of really great games out there right now. I'm just not willing to pay for a 71 at full price when I can buy a 85. The games that sit at 80 and lower, I usually pick up during sales.

  • TefTef Registered User regular
    Just my two cents, but I'd never rely on metacritic to inform me on game purchases. I've got 3 or so places that I go to for my reviews (off the top of my head Giant Bomb, RPS and these here forums) and base it off that.

    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

    bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    I think people should stop relying on numbers for games, since the range of taste is so wide.

    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Yeah I can make a good run at the Beat Hazard one, but then occasionally during the big boss snake things the song will kick into shitty mode and I'll be shooting peas at a fortress. Boo.

    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.