As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New D&D Policy Effective Immediately

TubeTube Registered User admin
edited March 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
From now on, El Jeffe is to be referred to at all times by his new title, El Jeffe - Princess of Enchantments.

Tube on

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    All hail Her Highness.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    keen!

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2007
    I demand an appropriate avatar for El Jeffe the Princess of Enchantments.

Go, my minions, go!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    I demand an appropriate avatar for El Jeffe the Princess of Enchantments.

Go, my minions, go!

Well, did Maddie ever dress up as a princess?

moniker on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2007
    I only accept this decree if I get to wear a shiny, new tiara.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    How's this? It has a tiara, and fairy wings signifying enchantment.

96262815_e1e57d10fe.jpg

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    celery.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    That is not the picture I requested, Elkamil.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Who is the King of Enchantments?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    eljefemf0.jpg

eljefe2mg1.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So shall it be written, so shall it be done.

tofu on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    eljefe2mg1.jpg
    ^^ watch me wave my magic wand ^^

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    Who is the King of Enchantments?
    Cat, I guess.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Oh no, those are worse than the Evander pictures.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2007
    Alright, as requested, I shall take you start to finish through my general conquest of the new known world. My rule shall be swift, harsh, and I am so going for world conquest.

If you want to try... here's the initial save.
    http://seiha.org/images/civbts/AutoSave_Initial_BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave

I actually played up through 10 AD in my first session, but that would be painful to do all at once, so I've just broken things up.

The game settings are: Noble Difficulty, Continents, Low Sea Level, 12 civs, and I set them all as the new civilizations. It'll probably be a bit of a slaughter in my favor, but whatever.

civbts%20(1)_th.jpg

The Seihan Hegemony is a proud and industrious race, known for their love of red tape and their love of building shit. On our father's blood, we vow to conquer the world. Our ancestors knew the secrets of growing crops and fishing, and we shall put those to great use.

civbts%20(2)_th.jpg

Our beginning area. Plenty of forests, which will be great for our "building shit" purposes, but kind of an irritation for the start. They will be burned to the ground eventually. At least we have some nice animals to eat nearby and some tribesmen to... indoctrinate.

civbts%20(3)_th.jpg

4000 BC
    The capital city of Tenka is founded. Hooray. Since we've got some great production, but shitty growth, we'll build up some military to scout around first and hopefully take someone else's workers. Let's also see if we can't learn to use those silly animals nearby.

civbts%20(4)_th.jpg

Our warrior seizes the local tribesmen and forces them to... reveal that they have some useless freakin' maps. At least we have some marble nearby. I'll have to take that later.

civbts%20(5)_th.jpg

3975 BC
    Our noble warriors continue their scouting on top of a hill... and what's this blue border we see? ENEMIES.

civbts%20(6)_th.jpg

3925 BC
    Great, we've found some civilization of gay clowns. Their city is totally undefended... but so are the tribesmen just southwest... the opportunities for complete chaos here are so SO tempting.

civbts%20(8)_th.jpg

3875 BC
    We go after the tribesmen first and ravage their homes. We find evidence that they used some kind of crazy-ass round thing called "the wheel."

civbts%20(9)_th.jpg

3825 BC
    Those fuckos are still totally undefended. Oh well, it's early on. May as well take a risk. I've got little to lose.

civbts%20(10)_th.jpg

3800 BC
    Our first conscripted warrior finishes, bright eyed and ready to slaughter the gay clowns to the west. Our cultural sprawl also reveals yet more tribesmen to the east.

civbts%20(12)_th.jpg

Are you kidding me? Still undefended? Well, I guess that's the end of the Gay Clown empire.

civbts%20(13)_th.jpg

Awwww.... poor pathetic bastards.

civbts%20(14)_th.jpg

Thus does the first civilization fall beneath my heel.

civbts%20(15)_th.jpg

3725 BC
    Oh ho. Hello Sitting Bull... why is your city on top of my marble? We're going to have to... talk about that.

civbts%20(16)_th.jpg

Wonderful. A map. Of the ocean. You fucking worthless tribesmen. I threw them into the ocean for their stupidity.

civbts%20(17)_th.jpg

3700 BC
    Curse those religion-founding people. Curse them to hell.

civbts%20(18)_th.jpg

3575 BC
    We can now domesticate those beasts just east of Tenka. Excellent. We should really figure out this God thing, so on to Mysticism.

civbts%20(19)_th.jpg

We also get news that yet another religion has been founded in some far off place. Those crazy-ass whackjobs.

civbts%20(20)_th.jpg

3475 BC
    Our fourth warrior finishes, and the war machine prepares to assault the Native Americans and steal their workers while we start on one of our own.

civbts%20(21)_th.jpg

3350 BC
    We've figured out how to pile up rocks and confuse future historians as well as make statues. On to a belief in multiple gods since we really do want a religion.

civbts%20(22)_th.jpg

3325 BC
    Our mini horde has taken up positions around the Native American capital. We'd prefer to wait for the moment though. They didn't start with hunting, so they won't have archers, so even if there are two warriors there, it'll be overkill. May as wait a little while for them to finish a worker (instead of switch off it to fight me) or for the city to hit pop 2 and then seize it.

civbts%20(23)_th.jpg

3125 BC
    We've waited long enough. They aren't sending out warriors/scout or anything, so... I have no idea what they're doing in there, probably a settler, but it's getting to the point where I can't risk waiting much longer. It's time to attack!

civbts%20(27)_th.jpg

Heh. A worker in the capital and defended by a single warrior. Easy as pie.

civbts%20(28)_th.jpg

3100 BC
    Our own worker finishes and we send him out to go make pastures for the animals while we start on another warrior to keep the citizens happy.

civbts%20(30)_th.jpg

We have some atrocious luck in attacking the city, (lost on 3%, 20%, 67%) bringing the last attack to... another 67%. Undaunted, the final warrior attacks the Native American capitol and...

civbts%20(31)_th.jpg

Captures the worker and burns it to the ground. Another civilization trampled.

civbts%20(32)_th.jpg

Suck it, Sitting Bull. We send the warrior and the worker to Tenka to be useful.

civbts%20(34)_th.jpg

2925 BC
    We figure out the whole "God thing" finally, but it fails to really take hold. Maybe we need some priests to spread the word. Priesthood and an Oracle Get.

civbts%20(35)_th.jpg

2875 BC
    We're actually fairly overdue for expansion, but still only at 2 pop. In 2 turns, we'll be at 3 though, so dump some points into Stonehenge for a couple turns before switching over.

civbts%20(36)_th.jpg

2825 BC
    And there we go.

civbts%20(37)_th.jpg

Except... oshi... bears where we want to settle! Stupid damn bears.

civbts%20(39)_th.jpg

2800 BC
    *whew* Our brave warriors slaughtered the bear and held the spot for our future city.

civbts%20(41)_th.jpg

2725 BC
    Thanks Bede. Real fucking useful. I put him to death for his stupidity.

Alright, 51 turns down. Good enough place to stop for the moment. I've actually played up through 10 AD (turn 175ish), but that would be an oppressive amount of screenshots and talking. As for other analysis, this was kind of a weirdly bloody start, even for me. Both of them were literally on top of me, and with ice to the south, I was probably a little overzealous in attacking them, but they were so wide open too. Also, having absolutely no river or food bonuses nearby made early workers/settlers a horrible move. That said, I came out of it pretty well. I could have probably harvested an extra worker from one of them, but it wouldn't have taken much for them to totally block me in and cause huge problems.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    celery.jpg

Ahaha, that's one I made. Weeeeee :rotate:

Gim on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I just threw up in my mouth a little