As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WrestleMania XXVIII] So long from the sunshine state

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    His head is on fire, someone should do something.

• Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    How long ago was it that his pyro lit him up? Not sure if that is the best image WWE should be using there.

Alternate post:
    Ghost Rider gonna sue for gimmick infringement.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Looks like Taker is about to become Darth Vader 2.0.

Join the Dark Side or rest...in...peace!

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    dwareydwarey Nutley, NJRegistered User regular
    LTM wrote:
    • Jericho getting "injured" was completely pointless and has completely changed my mind on his return. By now I expected him to do something but no, he'll whine to get a WM title shot, lose and then go tour with Fozzie. How very plain and boring.

"Oh no! I have to watch a sure-to-be outstanding match between two of the best wrestlers ever! HOW VERY VANILLA." You POOR POOR THING, being forced to watch something awesome!

Seriously, people.

To play Devil's Advocate here, what part of this buildup has led you to believe that it will be a good match, other than Jericho's legacy?

So far they haven't given us much.

Jericho's performance in the Rumble was enough for me to know he can go. And to play Devil's Devil's Advocate, when was the last time Punk or Jericho has led us astray?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Both men are capable of having a good match and both have 40+ days to work on a great one.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    "But fire is mine... ", said Kane to creative with a tone of sibling rivalry

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    Punk's "face" run has bored me, but I know Jericho can make CM Punk interesting again. I just hope it doesn't come at Jericho's expense. I know it has to to some degree but I hope Jericho doesn't end up looking too bad at the end.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I feel confident their match will steal the show.

I am not confident that it will get the build up it deserves.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I think Jericho and Sheamus win the belts at Mania

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    That would make for a good unification match too, fella.

• Options
    Punk's "face" run has bored me, but I know Jericho can make CM Punk interesting again. I just hope it doesn't come at Jericho's expense. I know it has to to some degree but I hope Jericho doesn't end up looking too bad at the end.

I think it has more to do with WWE than Punk. He's been great, but he has less to work with as they've decided to basically put him on the backburner for Cena/Kane and now Cena/Rock.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    He's just been the same exact guy as he was heel, so it has gotten stale for me. I'm not saying he hasn't wrestled well or anything. Though I do agree he has been kind of a side story, just like Miz/Truth and other guys have been ever since this whole Dwayne/Cena thing started.

Also, Kofi posted a pic of his head post Elimination Chamber:
    cVqfI.jpg

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    The next inductee in the WWE HOF
    ronsimmons.jpg

• Options
    He did bust his head open? I thought he did but I didn't see any blood at the time. Just him looking for it with his hand.

• Options
    I thought the same thing but that is quite the wound.

• Options
    KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    So, is the poorly added in fire on that WWE magazine cover just there so that they don't spoil the whole "Undertaker has no hair!!" surprise? Or was the wig he used from a few weeks ago no longer on loan? (I'm right and that was fake hair, right?)

Also, the pyro incident was EC 2010 which coincidentally is the day I learned that Taker is a scary, scary man.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    KurnDerak wrote:
    So, is the poorly added in fire on that WWE magazine cover just there so that they don't spoil the whole "Undertaker has no hair!!" surprise? Or was the wig he used from a few weeks ago no longer on loan? (I'm right and that was fake hair, right?)

Also, the pyro incident was EC 2010 which coincidentally is the day I learned that Taker is a scary, scary man.

the promo last week showed Taker cutting off his hair

to get around it

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular

Jericho's leaving again pretty much right after Mania. They can use him however they please IMO. It's not like he isn't being paid well.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Source?

Because I have read nowhere that has said when Jericho is leaving again.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Source?

Because I have read nowhere that has said when Jericho is leaving again.

I don't have a direct link handy but I think around April he's going back on tour with Fozzy.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    Best Google brings up is Jericho mentioning that he plans to tour w/ Fozzy early summer (June) in the UK, and late summer in the US. It's from Nov. last year http://theturnbucklepost.com/6041/2011/11/28/fozzy-planning-uk-and-us-tours-for-2012-summer/

I would be surprised if he left directly after Wrestlemania. I would expect him to stay around for a PPV or two afterwards to get some good time out of a feud.

• Options
    It's being reported that WWE has tentative plans to hold the 2012 Draft during the three hour Raw special on April 23rd in Detroit, Michigan.

Santino Marella received much praise by WWE official for his work at last night's Elimination Chamber PPV. Additionally, WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross posted the following on Twitter:

"Santino 2nite a great example of talent's maximizing their minutes on TV/PPV. Santino's gotten over w/ humor. Fans like him. Simple concept."

He better get on Mania now. Cody needs an IC title feud and he's the perfect candidate for it.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u94XyR_Y4oA

Great podcast this week showing off the main event of High Noon as well as The Colony taking on a certain small tag team! Yes I said SMALL!!

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    wirehead26 wrote:

Jericho's leaving again pretty much right after Mania. They can use him however they please IMO. It's not like he isn't being paid well.

Probably for the best really. He makes the rest of the roster look bad both in the ring and on the mic.

edit:
    WWE wrote:
    MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. – Although WWE Champion CM Punk knocked Chris Jericho unconscious with a kick to the head during last night's Raw Elimination Chamber Match, Jericho has been medically cleared to compete on tonight's Raw SuperShow.

Jericho is expected to personally address his condition tonight on Raw SuperShow.
    WWE was confiscating anti-John Cena signs at the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view on Sunday. They were specifically looking to remove any anit-Cena sign that would be visible on camera and signs with "Boots To Asses."

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote:
    Haha, what makes you think that? The Daniel Bryan manlove?

It just seems like you belong on Neogaf with your unusual level of WWE hate.
    I humbly apologise for posting my opinion. An opinion that liked all but one match but was still way too negative. Next time I'll just post the worst fantasy booking I can think or whine about someone in the main event being buried.
    • Jericho getting "injured" was completely pointless and has completely changed my mind on his return. By now I expected him to do something but no, he'll whine to get a WM title shot, lose and then go tour with Fozzie. How very plain and boring.

"Oh no! I have to watch a sure-to-be outstanding match between two of the best wrestlers ever! HOW VERY VANILLA." You POOR POOR THING, being forced to watch something awesome!

Seriously, people.
    I'm not being forced to watch anything, Wrestlemania is a PPV here too. I know it'll in all likelihood be a good match but when you've got Jericho and Punk in the same ring, yeah I want an interesting storyline or angle going into it. So far that's been hinted at but really hasn't happened. And seeing as Jericho will probably be leaving straight or very soon after Wrestlemania, I did want him to do something awesome beforehand.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Wasn't a critism Unco, just pointing it out.

• Options
    EMBRACE THE HATE UNCO! EMBRAAAACE THE HAAAAAAATE!

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I'd actually really like Santino to win the IC title at Mania. Has to come off Cody for him to get in the title hunt. And Santino being a fan favorite couldn't hurt the belt.

• Options
    That sing confiscation report bothers me greatly.

• Options
    Hullis wrote:
    I'd actually really like Santino to win the IC title at Mania. Has to come off Cody for him to get in the title hunt. And Santino being a fan favorite couldn't hurt the belt.

bring back the Honk-A-Meter!

• Options
    WWE was confiscating anti-John Cena signs at the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view on Sunday. They were specifically looking to remove any anit-Cena sign that would be visible on camera and signs with "Boots To Asses."

Are they really trying to make it look like this feud is what it took to get the fans unified behind Cena? Are they really that stupid? Did I really need to even ask?

• Options
    edited February 2012
    wirehead26 wrote:
    That sing confiscation report bothers me greatly.

they also do that a lot though

so whatever

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    Hjorvarthr wrote:
    Hullis wrote:

bring back the Honk-A-Meter!

Shit I forgot that Santino won the IC title his first freaking match in the company.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    KurnDerak wrote:

Are they really trying to make it look like this feud is what it took to get the fans unified behind Cena? Are they really that stupid? Did I really need to even ask?

I don't know, it might be that they had plans to use the rock at the end and wanted a surprise or something? Oh, fuck it, its the WWE, it is probably what you said.

@Hjorvarthr YES DO THIS NOW.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    taker_136044.jpg

Huh, he kinda looks like Road Dogg in the face ...

Try unseeing it now.

• Options
    Kinda Road Dogg kinda Kozlov

• Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    KurnDerak wrote:

I thought it was when Wrestlemania was in Seattle?

clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh wait, that was a different pyro accident.

clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    KurnDerak wrote:

I thought it was when Wrestlemania was in Seattle?

That was a different incident.

Kurn was talking about the time in EC 2010 when as Taker came out, some of the flames in his pyro came off too early and burned him

This discussion has been closed.