As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

need help finding an older penny arcade comic

MrMex05MrMex05 Registered User new member
edited February 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
i work for an indie game studio, and ive been trying to find an older penny arcade comic. It was hilarious, told the truth, and hit close to home. it was shedding light on what really happens in a video game studio. it showed what people think we are doing and then it shows what really happens in a studio. i would love to share this with my co-workers. is anyone familiar with what im talking about? thanks for your time :)

MrMex05 on

• RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    Can you think of any catch phrases or visual items in the comic that would help us figure out what you're talking about?

"Penny-Arcade comic about game developers" is pretty vague.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    PipeFour is the premiere PA comic search engine. (The archive search here is laughable in comparison.) If you remember any snippets of dialogue or other likely key words, you should be able to find the comic with PipeFour eventually.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    was it this
    214693752_5Jx57-L-2.jpg

or this?
    215503620_nqEWD-L-2.jpg

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:
    PipeFour is the premiere PA comic search engine. (The archive search here is laughable in comparison.) If you remember any snippets of dialogue or other likely key words, you should be able to find the comic with PipeFour eventually.

Wow, wish I had heard of this earlier. Would've made a ton of my comic edits thread contributions a lot easier.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    There was also this old one about Ion Storm.
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/1999/01/22

steam_sig.png
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    And the game developer hell one:
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/05/01

Yeah, you're going to need to tell us a catchphrase or something meaningful about the comic if you want to pin it down.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    wonderpug wrote:
    Gaslight wrote:

Wow, wish I had heard of this earlier. Would've made a ton of my comic edits thread contributions a lot easier.

They even have a mobile app! :D

• MrMex05MrMex05 Registered User new member
    i really appreciate the help guys. um from what i member it showed in the first part what people think game developers are doing at work, which is chillin and playing video games. Then the last part it shows the reality of it with the main boss screaming at employees to start grinding because of a release date and that it was crunch time. i know that doesnt narrow down too much. thanks so much for yalls times this is a great community. :)

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'm not... I'm not sure there's one like that. This is the closest one that I can think of:
    770836278_VG7Cr-L.jpg

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    MrMex05 wrote:
    i really appreciate the help guys. um from what i member it showed in the first part what people think game developers are doing at work, which is chillin and playing video games. Then the last part it shows the reality of it with the main boss screaming at employees to start grinding because of a release date and that it was crunch time. i know that doesnt narrow down too much. thanks so much for yalls times this is a great community. :)

Just to cover the bases, you're not thinking of a Trenches comic, are you?

Something like this?
    i-Vp2z8db.jpg