As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PHA/LLA WARS] Cyberspace WEBGAME :: Iteration 1, GAME OVER

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    No idea who had it for us, never came up as a concept

• Options
    Also who the hell was Jasconwhatever

• Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Just out of curiosity, how many times were people desynced? Or did I at least come close to taking anyone down?

I know I kept trying and trying with pulse and static, but they just moved away or went invisible. Maybe if they have to take one more hit instead of missing immediately?

And hyperlink felt like it was going to be awesome, but there are so many systems you can get across in one move. I like the idea of people being able to move more often or jumping locations. Maybe just have the hyperlink as moving to any node two distance away? It still eats a task so it's not like you are going to get all that far.

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    I think we just need more feedback on syncdumping for someone that is actively harassing, since I see a lot of "I was attacking X and they aren't around anymore, but they might have invis'd/moved/whatever." In the context of phalla and player elimination, syncdumping was an inconvenience and definitely not the focus. Also in the context of iteration 1, direct combat was not intended to be the main focus. Faction politics and intrigue and invasions were, it was all about bodily control, and people mostly played well there. It wasn't all that much sitting around as it may seem.

I would have to query the logs to get most stats but I could try getting some adhoc until I get tired of making sense of it all. :rotate:

Apparently there were 26 sync-dumps during the game.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Oh, right, yes.

Infy, could you add some clarity to the Control macro, specifically how much sync it drains per slice? I may have syncdumped myself due to underestimating that. *cough*

• Options
    Iteration 2 will have a Macro Codex in the OP.

It is a much more face value game, in the core mechanics itself.

It is the goals and alliances that will be shady!

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    1 per slice (12 for 2 hours), but it didn't stop sync regeneration, so you'd lose 8 sync for 2 hours of control.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    What were the most-used macros? Do you have info on that?
    How many times did I use invis?

• Options
    Invis was invoked 201 times, I'm sure that's the highest.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    NINJAAAAAA

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i'm sure invis and control were the workhorses this iteration.

• Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    26 sync-dumps over 14 days. Not too bad. Almost two a day. If it was a phalla where people could not come back the next day, that would would have been half the population.

I guess I took on the thought process of having people invade and retaliating with attacks to try and push them out. Of all the attacks I made before I knew any of my faction, only one was against a fellow member. Sorry Nirya!

Great game! Look forward to seeing the upcoming iterations!

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: ยป
    Also who the hell was Jasconwhatever

Jasconius? I remember Nirya saying that Jasconius had contacted Nirya as the 12th and final CK, and so to maintain mole status, Nirya couldn't tell any other CK about Jasconius...

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

yeah, i'm guessing both of those skills ultimately decided the game.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular

yeah, i'm guessing both of those skills ultimately decided the game.

I think we had 6 control macros by the end. It was the only way we could keep control over pink. Not knowing exactly how many invis macros were out there, we constantly had at least 1 going at any given time.

• Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    6_9 It's almost like I completely misread the time commitment I'd need!

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Also for people who are good at finding records losing sync was a huge inconvenience even if it doesn't kill you outright. You kinda need hyperlink to find them fast enough to keep your sync at low levels though (with maximum sync regen).

You absolutely don't need to desync someone to make a meaningful impact with the sync drain macros.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    If you want to spoof all you need is reeefreshhhh

I was swimming in money. Not enough shops with decent stuff around :<

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: ยป
    No idea who had it for us, never came up as a concept

there is a reason i was arguing with taya about seers :rotate:

Demiscan was okay but I feel like the time it took to scan someone was too long. You basically had to have your target consent to being scanned, or catch someone with their movement cooldown down (an almost constantly unknown quantity unless you JUST saw them pop into your node) to make it worthwhile. I did eventually get to scan jdark and go "YO THIS GUY SHOULD BE A PART OF OUR COMMUNICATIONS" but that's about it. It might just have been that because I didn't have access to the game for about half the day I missed a lot of opportunities that I might otherwise have had but for the most part I felt like for a faction game like this, Demiscan was not optimized.
    it didn't help that i misunderstood how to queue up macros for like the first four days

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I was looking the whole game for refresh. I saw it day 2 and didn't have enough money, then I had 2k+ and never saw another useful macro in the stores.

38thDoE on steam
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Alegis wrote: ยป
    If you want to spoof all you need is reeefreshhhh

I was swimming in money. Not enough shops with decent stuff around :<
    You also need records :rotate:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    We were hoarding records in pink like dragons

Also I sucked blue and green completely dry before you guys came there

Alegis on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Alegis wrote: ยป
    We were hoarding records in pink like dragons

I think the average pink node had 8 records in it last few days.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    There were so many records in pink we were using them to wipe our ass, and then lighting them on fire and dancing around it.

We...we didnt get out much in pink those last days. I nearly canibalized @Langly out of boredom.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    To be fair he would have had it coming. If there was any kind of neutral role we would have destroyed us all!

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The most records I ever saw in a node was four. And I only saw that once.

Anyway, thanks to Infidel and Blarney for setting this up, and to all my PP teammates (except Adventfalls) for blowing up my inbox, and especially Baidol for coordinating!

Gaslight on
  • Options
    Can people please short-list (3 tops) anything interface related that they would like to see or have improved?

Reiterate them even if you have mentioned them earlier please.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    It would be nice to be able to look around the map/see node numbers without clicking the "map" button. Having an option to turn node numbers on/off might work.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Maybe multi-movement queue? queue up for next day?

• Options
    May look cool if it looked more like a program. Like macros could be on a menu bar at the top and such?

• Options
    movement queue

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    Can people please short-list (3 tops) anything interface related that they would like to see or have improved?

* Applying macros is confusing at first. You have to click on the macro, and then click on the user to apply it to (if applicable)... and then... what? Took me a while to figure out that you had to drag the rectangle (now that it had a name) to the time slot. I'm not sure how to improve this, though.

* Cancelling macros - click on a scheduled macro, and the first time I missed the "cancel" in the small blob of text in the bottom. Might be nice if it were a different colour or stood out more.

* Shame you couldn't seem to reschedule macros by just dragging them around the time grid thing (or cancel them by dragging them off the grid).

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    oh also having to move the box so that the box was inside the timeline was a bit unintuitive initially

i kept thinking that it should work because my cursor was in the future timeline

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Movement queue is a gameplay issue, it would require some UI change but that isn't really the concern.
    May look cool if it looked more like a program. Like macros could be on a menu bar at the top and such?

It is supposed to be one of those OH GOD COMPUTERS DONT WORK LIKE THAT moments. Trying to make it look like a real application is self-defeating!

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    Stealing Ecco's formattting.

* Having the ability to save notes on a player would be nice. Just a few text strings for reference ("has Invis", "has Control", etc). I'd love the option to choose a color for them to display with (so you can easily see what team/role you think people are without crosschecking a list on a proboard somewhere).

* Baidol's zone number toggle is a great idea.

* More elaborate death screen, with the Avatar of the person who desync'd you and their method (if they weren't invisible when they committed the deed).

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Macros: As above, it'd be great to be able to drag them around to reschedule when they're assigned, especially as the interface for the timeline is small, the number of times I had to cancel and retry a few pixels to the left...

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I realize that it's also a gameplay issue, but queuing a move when it's on cooldown instead of having to wait around until the slice you want to move would be really nice

Inputting a time manually for a macro, rather than drag-dropping it.

(probably more difficult) Would it be possible to have an auto snap-to for queuing consecutive tasks in the same "memory slot" rather than an error message for misdraging it one slice?

EDIT: actually scratch that first one. An easier way to C&P whois information would be peachy keen (ie, whois, node, systime)

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

1: Turn the nodes into planets
    2: Turn the macros into crew members
    3: Turn spoofing into salvaging

I am now the dashing starship captain
    1: Some idea of how much health people have, even if its only "High, medium, low!"
    2: When did people arrive/leave my sector
    3: When people cyber explode

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I didn't know you could cancel macroes until day 12

The ability to queue up none-scope macroes on people in a node you're traveling to, they don't work if that person isn't actually there, would be nice.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Thanks Infidel and MrBlarney, this was a lot of fun!
    Also looked amazing. Good work!

38thDoE on steam