As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dick Clark Dead at 82; Dark Lord Seacrest King Of New Year's Eve

Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
edited April 2012 in Social Entropy++
220px-Dick_Clark_American_Bandstand_1961.JPG

Dick Clark was confirmed dead a few minutes ago by TMZ. He suffered a heart attack. Clark was 82.

This thread is to remember the man who brought us New Year's Rockin' Eve, among other things, such as host of Scattergories, Pyramid, and Winning Line.

RIP Dick Clark

Sweeney Tom on

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    A simpler man from simpler times.

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    So his cyborg chasis has failed at last.

Farewell, Dick.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    His wiki's been updated already, of course

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    He was only 82? I would've guessed close to 100.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i dont really know who dick clark is other than someone who has a name

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Technically even if he didn't age, a heart attack could have killed him

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Boo to this

mkc.png
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    dick clark was literally the embodiment of satan on earth

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Well he was a good entertainer. Farewell Dick

• dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    Poor guy was crippled from that stroke a few years back.

• The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Now begins the 1000 year reign of Ryan Seacrest, tremble ye mortals and despair

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Now begins the 1000 year reign of Ryan Seacrest, tremble ye mortals and despair

nooooooo

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Awww, that's a bummer. Although I never really cared about most of the stuff he hosted.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Holy shit I cannot believe it.

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    New Years Eve is cancelled forever.
    That's what the Mayans meant about 2012, the calendar fucking stops now.

mkc.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I seriously thought he would never die

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I saw the thread title and I was like "hm, dick clark, how old is he anyway, he's pretty damn old right?"

then I read the actual post, and I was like "oh"

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Dick Clark was, as far as I know, a genuinely nice person who loved what he did.

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Dick Clark was, as far as I know, a genuinely nice person who loved what he did.

That's what I've heard as well. Always seemed like a genuine, decent person from the shows and stuff he did. I think I remember him most from TV's Bloopers and Practical Jokes.

BLM - ACAB
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »

frank3.gif

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

a stroke will do that

Ubik wrote: »

frank3.gif

being the embodiment of satan is actually a good thing though

hail satan~

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

Well there was that whole incident in Bowling for Columbine that made him look a little uncaring, but he did get ambushed by Michael Moore so I can't say I blame him too much.

• KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

Well there was that whole incident in Bowling for Columbine that made him look a little uncaring, but he did get ambushed by Michael Moore so I can't say I blame him too much.

Uhhh, you're thinking of the wrong guy, guy.

mrsatansig.png
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    All hail Lord Secrest, may he never age.

mrsatansig.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    New Years Eve is cancelled forever.
    That's what the Mayans meant about 2012, the calendar fucking stops now.

:^:

If there was some way to make Ubik's GIF play on my phone during a ring then I would be pretty happy

• mcpmcp Registered User regular

Not sure if this is what he's referring to but:
    Clark was featured in the 2002 documentary film Bowling for Columbine. He was criticized for hiring poor, unwed mothers to work long hours in his chain of restaurants for little pay. The mother in particular works over 80 hours per week and is unable to make rent and gets evicted which results in her having her son stay at his uncle's house. At his uncle's house the boy finds a gun and brings it to school where he shoots another first grader. In the documentary footage featuring Clark, Michael Moore tries to approach him to inform him of the welfare policies that allow for these conditions, and questions him about the people he employs and the tax breaks he takes advantage of, in employing welfare recipients; Clark refuses to answer any of Moore's questions, shutting the car door and driving away.

I'd tell Moore to piss off if he wanted to ask me questions too.

• LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Him dying doesn't prove that he ages. The thesis of this thread is preposterous.

iwantanswers3.png

Uhhh, no he's not, guy.
    Clark was featured in the 2002 documentary film Bowling for Columbine. He was criticized for hiring poor, unwed mothers to work long hours in his chain of restaurants for little pay. The mother in particular works over 80 hours per week and is unable to make rent and gets evicted which results in her having her son stay at his uncle's house. At his uncle's house the boy finds a gun and brings it to school where he shoots another first grader. In the documentary footage featuring Clark, Michael Moore tries to approach him to inform him of the welfare policies that allow for these conditions, and questions him about the people he employs and the tax breaks he takes advantage of, in employing welfare recipients; Clark refuses to answer any of Moore's questions, shutting the car door and driving away.

• UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »

frank3.gif

being the embodiment of satan is actually a good thing though

hail satan~

Buffy_Hush.jpg

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

I'm not the first, nor will I be the last, person to bemoan being beaten by Tamba Hali.

edited April 2012

Not at all, bro. Michael stopped him as he was getting in a vehicle to go someplace and asked him if he could spare a minute to talk about the tragedy that happened at a kindergarten in Flint, MI because the kid who had the gun's mother was working for restaurants that branded with his name. When Clark starts to hear the context of the question he stops listening and tells the driver/his people to go.

Goose! on
  • dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »

Not sure if this is what he's referring to but:

I'd tell Moore to piss off if he wanted to ask me questions too.

uhhh it was the state of Michigan that began that Welfare to Work program and forced his chain of restaurants to hire those workers.

Clark literally had nothing to do with it.

michael moore is a tremendous shitlizard who decided that ambushing dick clark would make for better footage than actually addressing how shitty we treat people

so

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

a stroke will do that

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. Still, it was starting to look like they were applying spray tan directly to his skull.

• Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    hey let's have three people point out the same fucking thing

good work team

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
    michael moore died at 82?????

i thought he was way older than that

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yes, Michael Moore is a shitbag.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Michael Moore is a cancer that this planet is unfortunate to have