As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mario Tennis Open] Lobbing Balls at you in 3D.

13»

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Yellow Yoshi enters the stadium.

yoshitennis1-1338319538.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    LordOfMeepLordOfMeep Registered User regular
    @Wraithverge: Reducing the chances of your returns becoming Chance Shots mostly seem to boil down what type of shot you use as a return. Start with slices and experiment from there, you'll eventually get a feel for it. As a rule of thumb returning slice/topspin with its opposite tends to work when you're trying to catch a breather. Lobs can get you into serious trouble if you use them with abandon, as they seem to have a very high chance of triggering flat chance shots. The R button will let you perform a dive return, I used to disregard it but as I played higher level CPUs I learned that it's a lifesaver, especially against attempts at smash aces. For the record I can beat the CPU on any difficulty except Ace, but I can sometimes win a game against it there.

Also there doesn't seem to be a solid image for Pink Yoshi QR code, so here's a video that has it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEz6Z-QWRz4

SpaceGarSig.png
  • Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    I added pink one to op, will add yellow one when I get home.

• Options
    Here's an image for the Pink Yoshi

0.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    How's multiplayer? Has the lag cleaned up?

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      edited May 2012
      White Yoshi in the house.

Edit: This is actually for Europe. I'll keep it up, but it's no good for NA. Hopefully NOA will release the QA code.
      mario-tennis-open-qr-code-white-yoshi-costume-for-mii-character.jpg

skeldare on
      Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      LordOfMeepLordOfMeep Registered User regular
      I'm getting "This QR code image is for a different title." from that. You sure that isn't an EU/JP version QR code?

SpaceGarSig.png
    • Options
      My bad. I jumped the gun. Looks like this may be for EU.

Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      LordOfMeep wrote: »
      I'm getting "This QR code image is for a different title." from that. You sure that isn't an EU/JP version QR code?

:(

• Options
      edited May 2012
      Sorry guys. I saw it in my twitter feed and totally glossed over the region. At least it's good for our EU friends. :):(

skeldare on
      Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      I'm digging this game. I hope we get some online self-made tournaments, but so far fun.

• Options
        b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
        May go pick this up as someone is having buy 2 get one deal this week. Maybe this, KI, and something else. Any suggestions? Already have mk7, Zelda, ghost recon, centipede, and Mario 3D.

steam_sig.png
        3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
      • Options
        I've managed to get some peope via streetpass finally woot!

• Options
        Light blue Yoshi
        521401_322252417849128_800158909_n.jpg

• Options
        maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
        b1rdman wrote: »
        May go pick this up as someone is having buy 2 get one deal this week. Maybe this, KI, and something else. Any suggestions? Already have mk7, Zelda, ghost recon, centipede, and Mario 3D.

I'm thinking the trio of Mario Tennis, MGS3D, and RE:R is what I'm going with.

Wanted Sonic Generations but none of the local BBs seem to carry it.

FU7kFbw.png
        Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
      • Options
        POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
        Just tried online for the first time. The netcode is...pretty awful. Damn.

vQ77AtR.png
        steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
        3ds: 1504-5717-8252
      • Options
        That saddens me. I had high hopes :(

• Options
          Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
          Huh? All the matches I've had were virtually lagless.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
        • Options
          LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
          Yeah, I had almost no trouble with my time online-- there was one disconnect on my part through an entire tournament, and-- on very rare occasion-- it might have lagged for about half a second, not even long enough to have an adverse effect on my match.

Compared to, say, Mario Kart, it's like a dream.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
          Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
        • Options
          Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
        • Options
          Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
          I'm enjoying this game. I haven't gone online much, but I'm having a good time just going through the tournaments and making star characters. The minigames leave something to be desired, and the actual tennis mechanics themselves are pretty simple, but it's a pretty fun pick-up-and-play game that you can fool around with for twenty minutes at a time.

It's not zomg best game evar like I was hoping, but it's fun and that's really all that matters.

• Options
          My review, if anyone is interested.

I liked it, but felt it was too much tennis and not enough Mario to be a Mario Tennis.

• Options
          I'm having a pretty hard time with superstar level Galaxy Rally. 100 just seems totally unreachable, the most I can get is maybe 60, if I'm lucky. Anyone have any tips?

• Options
          I havent gotten up to that challenge yet but i found some of those Galaxy Rallies pretty hard.

• Options
          edited June 2012
          Gahh. I made it all the way up to 90 in that 100 challenge. It starts off giving you three out of four panels, then shrinks to two, and around 80 it goes down to just one. That's just not fair.

Edit: Got it after a few tries. That was tough! Beating that challenge unlocks
          Luma.
          Cool.

Sangheili91 on
        • Options
          So, I hear Metal Mario is supposed to be a new character soon, but I haven't heard much else. QR Code, I think.

• Options
          pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
          I'm having a pretty hard time with superstar level Galaxy Rally. 100 just seems totally unreachable, the most I can get is maybe 60, if I'm lucky. Anyone have any tips?

Here's what worked for me: Use a starred technique character. For squares in the back, use the flat shot. For squares in the front, use the drop shot. The technique characters have a ton of control over where the ball goes, so it's pretty easy as long as you get yourself in position in time for each shot.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
          Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
          G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
        • Options
          So, I hear Metal Mario is supposed to be a new character soon, but I haven't heard much else. QR Code, I think.

http://www.facebook.com/MarioTennisOpen/photos

I always check these.

• Options
          Aye, same. I think I saw it mentioned on GoNintendo, though.

• Options
          Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
          So how many characters have been made unlockable via qr codes so far?

Any besides the different color Yoshis?

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
          Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
          PSN - Brainiac_8
          Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
          Add me!
        • Options
          Brainiac 8 wrote: »
          So how many characters have been made unlockable via qr codes so far?

Any besides the different color Yoshis?

Nothing but Yoshi's, at least so far I think.

Nintendo Console Codes
          PM Me if you add me!
          HAIL HYDRA