As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Clearing DNS proxy cache in firefox (solved itself, thanks! can be closed)

amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhourThe woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
edited May 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Okay, so I let a domain name lapse after I had set up a website that the domain name pointed to.

I renewed the domain today, and it works fine in IE and on my phone.

My firefox is connected through a proxy however and whenever I load the site it still shows a generic "this domain is expired and registered through hostxyx" messages.

When I try to go to mydomain.com/wp-login.php I still get the redirect to the generic page.

Firefox is set on both my pc here and on the pc where the proxy host is set to never remember history, but I've also gone in and turned history on, cleared it, cleared the DNS proxy cache, and then turned off "remember history", restarted the proxy service, rebooted the machine, reloaded firefox, and still the site shows the generic placeholder page.

I know it's not my host or ftp server because like I said, it works fine from any of my non proxied connections.

What am I missing?

thanks H/A!

are YOU on the beer list?
amateurhour on

• Options
    wmelonwmelon Registered User regular
    do you have control over the proxy server? If so, I'd recommend clearing the OS's DNS cache rather than just the proxy server's. If that doesn't work i'd go through the normal troubleshooting steps to see where the proxy server's DNS server's think it's resolving to and if they're wrong, you're pretty much stuck with waiting until it times out of the cache or setting up an entry in your hosts file.

• Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    It may take 24 hours for DNS to fully replicate, unless like wmelon said you have access to your proxy server, your best bet is to wait until tomorrow and then not let it lapse again.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the server is my home PC. I've ran flushdns on that and it didn't fix anything. I've got a local connection as well I can use, so it's not the end of the world, but I have to use firefox on the proxy connection and firefox has firebug and all of my add-ons for css, etc.

Thanks, if anyone else has other stuff I could try I'm all ears.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I logged into my site from my home pc and changed the theme and ftp'ed into my web server and monkeyed around and I guess that was enough to make the DNS recache or it was just coincidence, but now it works from the proxy.

Thanks, this can be closed!

This discussion has been closed.