As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heavy Gear] Stompy Bot Productions announces new Heavy Gear vidya!

• Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Gear Garage is definitely what you need. To actually see what random odd rules mean, look up Locked & Loaded's army building rules. For all other rules questions, check out the Field Manual.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    I got my terrain today. The outpost and the Barnaby are pretty huge.

snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    Yeah, that outpost looked pretty big.

Ran outta glue putting my dudes together, bit of a bummer.

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Played two lightning games today (360tv, no support points, 3 rounds only. 3 extra CP for some reason). Winner is whoever scores the most kills. Managed to win both, against PDRF and CEF!

I was fielding 3 model Tactical Insertion Team with a Dark Jaguar (MBZK, smoke launchers) and two Dark Mambas (1 had an HGLC, the other an HGL). Took out a Warrior in the final turn in the first game after everyone started breathing down my neck. Took out the heavy hover tank in the second game after 3 rounds' worth of constant attacks on it eventually netted in it having a -5 to defense rolls (Combat speed, Heavy Damage, Coordinated Attack, Crossfire, Stunned). The MoS was insane on the final attack.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Svenska wrote: »
    Yeah, that outpost looked pretty big.

Ran outta glue putting my dudes together, bit of a bummer.

How big is it?

• Options
    Next to the gear I still haven't finished. Even with the detail, it wouldn't be out of place as a piece of equipment on a 40k table.

WP_000060.jpg

snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    I was able to dig up some Northern forces so I have a decent demo set - a Fire Support squad. At just over 300 TV, that makes:

SRA Strike Cadre: 2x Mambas (one Heavy Grenade Launcher), Jager (LBZK), 2x Black Adders

NG Fire Support Squad: Headhunter (LAC), 2x Hunters, 2x Grizzlies (Recon Drone, 2x Att, Def 3)

I figure both armies would be fairly distinct with plenty of toys to play with and mechanics to learn. I suspect that the SRA cadre will have a harder time with it, as they're pretty much a short-range tank hunter squad. A tag and some long range fire from the NG squad could be tough.

snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    If you kit them out a bit more, you can hit the 360 TV level for lightning rounds. It's a pretty nice way to get into the game. 5 rounds, no support options, 2 x 4 table, deploying on the narrow edge.

EDIT: Oh right. Winner gets the most kills.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Any idea why lightning rounds are set at 360? Seems like a great demo set up.

snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    No idea, but that's what we did on Monday, albeit with 3 turn games because my friend and local Pod Squadder wasn't sure of the exact turn count. We found out it was 5 later on. Definitely a great demo setup.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Well, Arena was better this week, though I totally misunderstood Lone Wolf. I thought I was supposed to kill as many guys as I could before the match ended. Nah. Just tough it out until I decide to end it, then I win moneys based on how long I last.

Dammit. So my pilot got put in a coma, but on the bright side? I made a cheat sheet to remind me about every little thing I need to survive. Namely how Reinforced Cockpit lets me try to ignore stuns, etc etc.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    I really need to check out Arena. It does sound tantalizingly like Necromunda.

DP9 has a pretty badass sale just announced. 60 bucks or more off of all the core units for North and South armies.

snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    No need for the code to get the rulebook anymore. They're having an official thing now for free rulebooks now.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    My usual group has been pretty unenthused about 40k for a while and 6th (despite the fact that it seems pretty good) isn't changing this. I've got a few people interested in Warmachine and other skirmish level games.

This all coincides pretty well with DP9 giving away free rulebooks. I may be able to get a decent HG Seattle community going, finally. Good. Good.

snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    Excellent. Go for it. Start them off small with an Arena league, unless they want a complete wargame, which Blitz is obviously better.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Another friend and I have been trying to get Blitz (or predecessors) going for a decade, and most of my wargaming friends are more inclined for a larger scale military game. That said, relating something to Necromunda carries a lot of weight.

snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    It does. Tell them it seriously does. Tell them it's Necromunda meets Blood Bowl in battlesuits.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    All I can say is :winky:

snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.stompybot.com/?cat=6

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    I'm so ridiculously excited for this. Doesn't even matter what kind of game. Looks like DP9 will be closely involved (if just by proximity), and maybe dueling related?

None of it matters. Goddamn finally.

snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    God I hope it's an Arena game.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    An online arena game?

Still I am going to get arena back out and see if they want to try it or since I showed people had built arenas to play to continue to try to build one

• Options
    To repost what I want to do in Arena. Basically, I'm fast on track to hopefully unlocking the privilege to get a Hussar at market price via Neil Motor Works. I've been musing over my head over what sorts of configurations I'd want to do with it. So I came up with these three monstrosities- the first two are for a Soldier with Ranged Offense, while the last one is a Pugilist's dream machine.

Ideally
    Hussar:
    Tier 1 Slots (7): Advanced Fire Control (2), HRG Reload (1), Frag Cannon (2), Field Armor II (2)
    Tier IV Turret (1): Power generator for Heavy Railgun
    Tier V Turret (1): (Sniper) Heavy Grenade Launcher
    Tier IV Manipulators (2): Heavy Railgun (7, Held in both arms), Buckler (Left Arm) (1)

Realistically (Taking advantage of Dual Wield)
    Hussar:
    Tier 1 Slots (7): Advanced Fire Control (2), Frag Cannon (2), Buckler (Front/Right) (1), Field Armor II (2)
    Tier IV Turret (1): Stabilizer (LFG, 3) LFG Reload (1)
    Tier V Turret (1): Stabilizer (LFG, 3) LFG Reload (1)
    Tier IV Manipulators (2): 2x LFG (4)

The Pugilist Monstrosity (With Dual Wield, of course.)
    Hussar:
    Tier 1 Slots (7): Advanced Actuators (3), Ram Plate (2), Field Armor II (2)
    Tier IV Turret (1):Advanced Actuators (3), Chassis Reinforcement (1)
    Tier V Turret (1): Advanced Actuators (3), Buckler (Front/Right) (1), Smoke Launcher (1)
    Tier IV Manipulators (2): Heavy Spike Gun (2), Mauler Fist (1), Buzz Saw (1) for each hand

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I wouldn't expect much from a first time developer, especially one that's saying they're going to put it on PC/consoles/smartphones

Though War for Cybertron was a happy surprise, and I'd like to be surprised by this

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Hey, could be worse. Could be a Whitemoon Dreams situation.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    I really don't know Arena. I should grab the book next time I order stuff.

And yeah, first-time dev is a whole lot of risk.

snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    http://www.stompybot.com/?cat=6

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS
    fucking finally

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Right!? Oh man, imagination goes wild over the possibilities.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Stompy Bot is giving away free Arena ebooks! Also seems like the video game will probably be Arena-based.

https://www.facebook.com/stompybot

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.pbase.com/tepoc/humanist_protection_force

Here's a few shots of the Drake, a new Southern strider

Not really a fan, it doesn't really jive well with the Southern aesthetic

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    I dunno. It looks like an oversided Mambacobrathing with missile pods and a giant fuck off bazooka.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    It's like the offspring of an orgy involving a Fire Dragon, Sagittarius, and Black Adder. It doesn't strike me as very Heavy Gear at first, but looking closer it fits. Interesting.

snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    It's less VOTOMS, more Gundam Wing

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Some more pics of the Drake

It really looks like an Infinity TAG as opposed to an upscaled gear

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Some more pics of the Drake

It really looks like an Infinity TAG as opposed to an upscaled gear

Oddly enough, it was painted by the guy who does all of the infinity studio models.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    This is the most regularly updated the thread has been in a while. I happy. :)

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    Quick, let's start arguing about stuff. That'll keep the thread moving at a decent cliip. You can all start by arguing with me about stuff that I never actually said - it'll be just like old times :P

• Options
    SJ YOU ASSHOLE FLAILS ARE NOT SLEDGES!

snm_sig.jpg