As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Uncharted 2 is completely unplayable.

SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
edited May 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
I got this game in from Gamefly the other day, and as is I can barely get past the first chapter.

Basically, what's happened so far is that half of the first chapter plays fine enough, but at some point the music starts looping constantly, and when it comes times to jump to the next train, there's no audio except the background music. Then when it tries to play the cutscene, the game is stuck on a white screen. Any attempt to skip the cutscene causes the system to lock up.

Shutting down the ps3 and reloading from the last checkpoint gets me past this part...but then partway through chapter 2, I stop hearing the character's voices, the treasures will not load at all, and once again, any attempt to quit the game causes the system to lock up.

I've tried looking up solutions on google, but any talk of freezing or the like is completely isolated to multiplayer, and any voice issues are typically solved by pausing and unpausing the game (I've tried this to no avail).

I've even went in and deleted all the save/utility data to start from scratch, but the very same issues pop up again!

What's happening here? Is the copy I have just utterly broken? Did it do something to my ps3? Are there any patches or fixes for something like this?

SpeedySwaf on

• NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    Did you do any of the patches for the game? There are quit a few out of the box...

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • DemerdarDemerdar Registered User regular
    I would chalk it up to a bad disc. You should be able to report it to gamefly and just exchange it.

If you can play other games on your PS3, then it's not your PS3.

y6GGs3o.gif
  • SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    Well, I downloaded all the patches, and it did squat. Started a new game and still had the same problems. Guess I'll be giving Gamefly a call tomorrow.