As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rage of Bahamut] Manor of (Dis)illusions F2P CCG. Dragons. Cards. Boobies.

• Options
    LostLost Registered User regular
    yeah, but: HP cost like 100k - 150k if you can find someone selling for rupees. Rares usually cost at least 2 HP, HR and up can go for crazy amounts of HP. So it sorta balances out.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    9 normals are worth 25k to the right people. Gotta find em, though.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Djfowl61Djfowl61 Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Hey can someone please help me out I am around level 50 and I am in my own order with no other members and my highest card is a rare card. Please help or send me advice because the game is becoming very hard to succeed in.

Djfowl61 on
  • Options
    krapst78krapst78 Registered User regular
    I'm pretty much in the same boat as Djfowl61. I haven't joined an order and I'd love to join one that has some PA members in it if they have room. My ID in game is the same as the forum.

Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father prepare to die!
    Looking for a Hardcore Fantasy Extraction Shooter? - Dark and Darker
  • Options
    Should I dissolve my order when the holy wars are done? And my iD is the same as it is here.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    best bet right now is to try to find a good order that will have you, get all the silver coins you can get, trade them for cards, hope for the best.
    Also, do the same with friendship points and friendship card packs, you'll often get cards that are worth trading to others for HP, then using HP to trade for HR+ cards that you want.

grind quest area 2 to get feeder cards, which as we've just discussed can be sold 9 for 25k. Make a trash twitter account so you can get the daily tweeting bonuses without pissing off anyone who follows your real twitter (if you care at all about that)

edit:

I've got 3 spots for fellows, Acidboogie is my game id.

question: aside from not getting friendship bonuses or whatever participation, is there any other downside to having a fellow who is clearly not active?

edit 2:
    do you suppose we have enough active people to form an order of the WANG? At this point I'm pretty sure my current order is stagnating and I don't want to be hopping around through different orders filled with randoms.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, buy what should I use up my point on stamina (170), attack (154), or defense(87)?

• Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    So is it typical for these holy wars to not last long at all? I checked my phone this morning and there was like 30 min left until a war, I check back after 40 minutes and it's already over...

• Options
    Also I thought you can't leave the order durin a holy war.

• Options
    The wars last one hour after initiation. There will be dozens of them over the weekend for your order.

• Options
    The only way I can leave is by disbanding the order since I am the leader and it's only member.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    right now my stats are: 110 stam, 160 attack, 100 def, but I think that's probably a sub-optimal configuration for my current level. my best attack deck costs 80 and deals just about 40k depending on whether my abilities fire.

• Options
    I don't have any cards to make a good deck. My best attack deck deals 21k and my best defense deck has 16k.

• Options
    If someone could help me get better quickly by sending gifts or trading with me I would be a lot happier.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    What did you pick as your lineage? Man, Gods, or Demons?
    I picked man and the only great card my attack deck has right now is a "maxed" Kratos++ (I got one of them from the legend token they give you at level 20, the other two I got from friendship packs)
    the only great defense cards I have right now are a maxed Iseult+ and a maxed Kriemhild++, both of which I got from events (IIRC the 3 kriemhilds came from the Dragon mountain event, the rest from holy wars)
    Friendship packs very rarely get you great stuff, but they mostly just get you some decent feeder cards. I'm not sure if you know this, but any card can have its rarity increased by one point if you fully evolve it. If you have any decent rares at all, I'd recommend enhancing them fully before evolving them (you get a 10% boost instead of 5% for any max enhanced cards when you evolve them, but it's not economically feasible to do it for anything less than a rare)
    Oh yeah, don't make the same mistake I did: Gold Dragons sell for 30k credits directly to the game and are pretty much worthless for enhancing, the opposite is true for the angels (great for enhancing, probably get decent value trading with other people, worthless for everything else)

I think what this game really needs now is a built in facility for trading. Maybe like a searchable auction house where you could list "I will take X, and Y in exchange for my Z" then anyone looking for Zs could quickly and easily click a buy now button if they had sufficient X's and Y's or make an offer.
    Now it seems like the only way to trade is by going to unofficial forums set up for trading, or looking at the deck of every single person you happen to meet in hopes of them having the card you're looking for and willing to trade it.

edit: LOL i got trolled I guess.

I suppose I could trade you my 3 Knight Luciellas, for 100k, a high normal or two of your choice and 6 HP each

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    Djfowl61 wrote: »
    If someone could help me get better quickly by sending gifts or trading with me I would be a lot happier.

This is a guy who has never posted on PA before who came in to complain that his deck is terrible and he needs gifts.

Hmmmmmm.

• Options
    I've been selling my Luci's for 4HP a pop and they're barely moving. Are you managing to get them out at 6HP?

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    @acidlacedpenguin

Just sent you a fellow request. You're stats sound similar to mine, once I had 100 in def and stamina I put everything in Att. Doesn't seem to be a lot of reason to boost def up more than that, since I don't believe you 'use' it like att. 41k att sounds really good for your level. Either that or I'm just bad at this game (entirely possible).

@Simpsonia

Like Darkwolfe said, just check your 'my page' and under the holy war banner will be either a counter down to the end of the event or the count down to the end of a war. That'll be a link to a list of the opposing kingdom. If the def leader hasn't been defeated you can only attack them or the wall. I would recommend waiting for another to take down the leader and then finding someone in their order who you think you can take (be conservative) but if the war is almost over or you don't have much time just attack the wall. Attacking the wall gives less points but still helps the cause.
    After winning a war you will get a few silver coins, trade those to others in your guild and you'll get two MORE coins and they'll get one. Spend three coins for a card pack which usually has a HN.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I've been selling my Luci's for 4HP a pop and they're barely moving. Are you managing to get them out at 6HP?

shhhhh, I'm hoping he won't notice the blatantly extortionate pricing I'd set up so I could instantly replace them for significantly cheaper than I traded them for.

edit: fellow invite accepted.

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    Zorak15Zorak15 Registered User regular
    @Acidlacedpenguin: LOL!

Alright Sonelan and Varega, another win for the Desert Dragons!! Woo!

Eventually we might want to form our own PA order, but let's wait on that until we are all positively badass. You need some serious defense and a bunch of heavy hitters to get ahead in holy wars. Still, if you don't have an order, take any you can get. You need one to get the goods, plus it's a hell of a lot more fun than just battling random people for a few rupies.

steam_sig.png
    Registered member since '04, Lurking since '99!
  • Options
    My realm is God

• Options
    Jesus is my co-pilot.

• Options
    And I am not begging for gifts, I feel that it would be nice I someone was willing to help me out.

• Options
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    Zorak15 wrote: »
    Help me out with terminology here. What is a 6MAX versus a 6-2?

A 6 max, or (6-6) means all 6 cards were fully enhanced before they were evolved together. A (6-2) is a 6 card evolve with just the -last- two cards in the process max enhanced.

Wouldn't 6MAX be 6-10? ie The first six are maxed, then the resulting then the two resulting + cards are maxed, then the two resulting ++ cards are maxed. At least that's how I understood it.

I think you are right, Darkewolfe. I think the second number does indicate how many times you max enhanced during the whole process, so (6-10) would be a 6MAX.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    So you feel you are ENTITLED to gifts then.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BOO! One of my referrals hit 50 and I didn't get a high rare and up pack like they said you would.

I've noticed referrals still drop a Luci and 100k immediately, instead of at level 10 like they were supposed to. I don't think they've updated the referral system at all yet.

• Options
    BOO! One of my referrals hit 50 and I didn't get a high rare and up pack like they said you would.

I've noticed referrals still drop a Luci and 100k immediately, instead of at level 10 like they were supposed to. I don't think they've updated the referral system at all yet.

Hehe, is your referral, by some strange coincidence, using the same phone as you? =P One possibility is that old referrals fall under the old system.

More than likely your hypothesis is correct, though. I hope they update it soon.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Djfowl61 wrote: »
    And I am not begging for gifts, I feel that it would be nice I someone was willing to help me out.

@DJfowl61: post your ATK and DEF deck and if i have something better lying around that I can't sell I might toss you a bone.

edit: For goodness' sake, get a picture up in your profile if you're serious. You can't run around naked and expect people to take you seriously, mang. Even if you're just here for help, leave us a picture to look down upon! =P

Zorak15 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    My attack deal has 4 master muscle ogres and a goblin fighter with varying levels of enhancement and my defense deck has Rhea a fully evolved salimander, a fully evolved gnome, a fully evolved jiao and a master muscle ogre. And I thank you for your support! Also my iPod is not letting me upload an image.

• Options
    Zorak15 wrote: »

Hehe, is your referral, by some strange coincidence, using the same phone as you? =P One possibility is that old referrals fall under the old system.

More than likely your hypothesis is correct, though. I hope they update it soon.

Oh, no, this is actually a real referral. As in, my buddy said, "Hey, I just hit 50, did you get a thing?"

• Options
    I have 5 HP and 11 CW an 4 red HP if anyone is looking to trade.

• Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    So... Silver coins. What do I do with these?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Buy silver coin packs.

Djfowl, I will make you a reasonably fair trade. I will give you three Knight Luci's for 5 HP and 11 CW. Username is Lonenut.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Thanks

Djfowl61 on
  • Options
    So... Silver coins. What do I do with these?

"Give" them to your order buddies, then buy silver coin packs.

Its not actually you losing a coin and them gaining one when you give, instead when you give a coin you gain two and they gain one, its a Michael Scott Win/Win/Win situation. Do this before the end of the event or you lose them.

• Options
    You don't actually gain two. You gain one, and you don't lose one. They gain one. The system is kinda weird.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    You don't actually gain two. You gain one, and you don't lose one. They gain one. The system is kinda weird.

Well, this has been what I've observed.

Ex: I have 1 silver coin and you have none (Me : 1 coin, You: 0 coins). I "give" my coin to you and both of us gain one for 'sending it' (Me: 2 coins, You: 1 coin) I then gain one more for confirming (Me: 3 coins, You: 1 coin). The original one never left my possession though. I agree, its confusing as all get out and the description pretty much lies about what happens.

Bluecyan on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    We're ranked at 2k with 6-0

wooo

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    LostLost Registered User regular
    My order has dropped down to being ranked 792 now, we are getting paired with orders that have all their members level 80+(highest person I have seen is lvl 125) for the last 4 wars, we have managed to win two of those though. (I think our highest member in 80ish)

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    To be fair, my order is a vet of these Holy Wars.

We make sure no one starts a war till multiple people post in the (our) forums that we are good.

We have people trading the highest level cards around to the atk leader so we can breech defenses if needed.

Well. Oiled. Machine.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg