As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stop Gmail from forwarding messages it self-marks as Spam.

DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
edited June 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
I have a rarely used account set to forward to my regular account. However, that account also receives spam a few times a day. For some reason, this gets forwarded as well, and I'm struggling to find settings or options to disable the forwarding of marked spam emails. That is to say, I don't want to disable any potential inbox emails from being forwarded, but this other crap needs to stop.

Help, plz.

Deusfaux on

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Probably a a stupid question but why can't the email account that's receiving it put the mail in the spam folder? You can tell it to look for certain keywords usually if the spam is always coming from the same addresses.

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Not a direct solution, but have you tried allowing your main account to access your subsidiary account from the Settings>Accounts and Import>Grant access to your account option? That would preserve the folder structure so you wouldn't immediately see all spams.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Probably a a stupid question but why can't the email account that's receiving it put the mail in the spam folder? You can tell it to look for certain keywords usually if the spam is always coming from the same addresses.

It does. And I am always gonna check junk out of habit and concern over false positives. But only recently did I realize the majority of what's landing in there is coming from this one account I rarely use.