As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

D&D Print & Play Minis (iheartprintandplay) - Update: Drawing for Custom Minis

DakaranDakaran Registered User regular
edited July 2012 in Critical Failures
I've been trying my hand at creating some printable D&D tokens and decided to start posting my creations in case someone else can get some use out of them. :) The tokens stand up tent-style and have actual backsides in case it matters what direction they face. I have full color PDFs as well as black & white line art PDFs.

Kobold Color PDF
Kobold Black & White PDF
Lizardfolk Color PDF
Lizardfolk Black & White PDF

I've started a little blog to keep these token pages so if you like these I plan to make some more and post them on my blog: iheartprintandplay.blogspot.com. The kobold tokens include all kobolds from 4e MM1 and a few other sources. The lizardfolk tokens include all lizardfolk from 4e MM1 and MM2.

LizardfolkPreviewsmall3.png
KoboldsPreviewv2.png

Dakaran on

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    These are amazing and I would totally use them if I didn't already have minis. Great work! :^:

Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    Thanks! I've finished a set of human tokens as well. I just posted them up on my blog: http://iheartprintandplay.blogspot.com/

HumansPreview3.png

• Options
    So tomorrow I will be posting a set of printable dragon minis on my blog, but today I'm looking for people to make suggestions of future monster sets for me to tackle. I've got a suggestions page HERE where you can make suggestions and more importantly it'll be where I keep track of what's on deck for me.

• Options
    New set of minis is up! I present to thee, DRAGONS! You can freely download the PDFs for the dragon printable minis here: Dragon Minis

greendragonpreview2.png

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you 'forgot' to mention Order of the Stick prominently on the front page of your blog and will be fixing that very soon. I know the author is pretty cool about people using his art style, but such wholesale 'inspiration' without acknowledgement would be the action of a dick, plain and simpe.

Morality aside, these are very cool.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    POLL #1: Dragonborn, Elves, Gnolls, Goblins, or Orcs?

My wonderful wife had the great idea of running polls to better determine what Dungeons & Dragons monster groups I should make printable minis for. I think it'll give me a more clear picture than just a general suggestion page to help me make what you're all interested in. For the inaugural poll, your options are Dragonborn, Elves, Gnolls, Goblins, or Orcs. When the poll closes I'll make a page of printable minis of the winning monster group. Cast your votes now! You can vote by going here: POLLING. The poll is right at the top of the page.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you 'forgot' to mention Order of the Stick prominently on the front page of your blog and will be fixing that very soon. I know the author is pretty cool about people using his art style, but such wholesale 'inspiration' without acknowledgement would be the action of a dick, plain and simpe.

Morality aside, these are very cool.

Actually in my very first post I credited Rich Burlew (as well as linked to OotS) as being an influence on me. I absolutely give credit where credit is due. (If anyone hasn't read the Order of the Stick, you really should, it's awesome.) I've been drawing stick figures in what I call the block-body style since I was a kid, but his work has definitely been a big influence and especially helped me flesh out facial expressions and bodies for female stick figures. (You'd be surprised how tough it is to make a stick figure specifically female without it looking like Boobs McGee.) While I draw inspiration from OotS I do try to separate my monsters from his (with the exception of humans as there's not really a different way to draw stick figure humans in block-body format - I never liked stick figures with noses). I actually look more to the Wizards Monster Manuals for how generally a creature should look. For the lizardfolk, kobolds, and dragons I feel that I have distinct looks from his. For examples of his OotS creatures see 716 for Lizardfolk, 331 for Kobolds, and 626 for Dragons.

Dakaran on
  • Options
    New update: Zombies!

Click HERE or on the image to go my latest post to freely download the PDFs for printable zombie minis. I also created black & white line art versions for those of you who only have a black and white printer or want to color them in yourself.

ZombiesPreview.png

• Options
    1000Hits.png

Woohoo! iheartprintandplay.blogspot.com has reached over 1000 hits from dozens of countries all over the world. In fact we've received hits from every continent except one. (Come on, Antarctica!) To celebrate, I'm announcing a free drawing to win custom minis of your D&D party! See details HERE.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Wow, I'm not sure how I missed this thread. These are fantastic, and are a great idea! We've been using lego minifigs for our games mostly, and it gets a bit confusing figuring out whether hagrid was the goblin or the minotaur, so this helps tons.

• Options
    Wow, I'm not sure how I missed this thread. These are fantastic, and are a great idea! We've been using lego minifigs for our games mostly, and it gets a bit confusing figuring out whether hagrid was the goblin or the minotaur, so this helps tons.

Thanks! I'm glad you're liking them. =)

• Options
    For the almost a week I'll unfortunately be unable to dedicate time to working on my creations as I will be spending time with family. I will be able to publish a few posts during that time so stay tuned. Before you know it I'll be back to work on what you all come here for. =)

Sadly I don't have the dragonborn minis completed just yet; I spent a lot of time finding the right look for my dragonborn and I went through about 2 dozen different iterations before I came up with a dragonborn template that I'm really happy with. Buuut, since I don't want to leave you hanging without a little something I do have two dragonborn minis from Monster Manual 1 that are ready, the Dragonborn Soldier and Dragonborn Gladiator.

DragonbornEarlyPreview.png

You can download the PDF here: Dragonborn Partial Set

• Options
    Less than a week to go on the FREE drawing to win a custom set of your D&D adventuring party! For details click HERE.

Oh, also, I've got new minis posted. :)

Set1Preview.png

This is the first of three sets of Eberron Adventure Campaign minis that have been commissioned by skrapsan. You can download the PDF HERE.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    iheartprintandplay proudly presents the winner of the first poll...the Dragonborn! You voted, and I created 10 unique Dragonborn that are now available to download in either full color or black & white line art. Enjoy!

DragonbornPreview.png

You can find the PDFs to download here: Dragonborn Minis

Dakaran on
  • Options
    New poll is up to determine the next set: Cast your vote!

• Options
This discussion has been closed.