As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old busted Steam thread. Go find the new hotness.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    minirhyder wrote: »
    iRevert wrote: »
    minor, didn't you spend all last sale getting your credit cards systematically shut down? :P

Yes. 8 times, I believe.

This time I loaded up a few hundred in my Steam Wallet and have been using that to gift and buy.

Ironically, I traded in some games at GameStop to get an extra Steam Wallet card, and I owed a couple bucks above the trade value, so when I paid for that with my credit card, I got a fraud prevention call 2 minutes later.

Don't these people know that I spend absurd amounts of money on video games?

I think VISA basically just said fuck all with fraud protection on me after the $5,000 lube fiasco.

You know you can't say something like this and not follow up.

Basically we had access to a massive hill that was next to a lake a buddy owns a house on, he runs some pretty great summer parties and people end up showing up as he's near a park. Basically we spent a ton of time clearing trees and brush and digging a chute all the way down and lined it with tarps to make a giant slip-n-slide. We figured out water didn't cut it if we pumped it up from the lake so we ordered a summers worth of lube.

575 gallons of lube to be exact, kept the chute slippery to the extent that people would hit the little ramp on the bottom and skip across the water.

Bunch of people kicked in on the order and I made it because I'm the only person who can take freight deliveries. We ended up not using one drum of it so everyone took home a bunch for....personal entertainment.

I made the order and visa flagged it and called me to verify the order not once but twice because they couldn't believe it apparently. First answer I gave them what it was for because they couldn't believe it was quite sarcastic and the second time because I was pissed that I had to jump through the hoops again I told them it was for gathering samples in artificial insemination on elephants. That lady the second time didn't have much of a sense of humor when I told her there would be a number of orders for umbrellas and hip waders occurring shortly as well.

Some people I tell ya.

Best. Story. Ever.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that.

Sometime I'll tell you why its a bad idea to play connect four against a stripper in Thailand.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    FUCK! Steam just went down as I was trying to get Painkiller and Borderlands Game of the Year? MOTHER FUCKER!

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I am 99% sure this will happen. Then Valve is gonna give the DayZ guy a job and 10 years later we're going to have the best Zombie Shooter ever made.
    ZFAOH.jpg

Change it to USING in that and it works for this as well
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I'm really REALLY hoping ARMA 2 gets a 75% off daily. That would be SO awesome.

Come on Gaben, papa needs a new zombie mod!

I am 99% sure this will happen. Then Valve is gonna give the DayZ guy a job and 10 years later we're going to have the best Zombie Shooter ever made.

Spoiler alert

The zombies don't run

They Portal
    Still UnAlive?
    Cannibalistic Cube?

iRevert on
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    I've had Magicka on my wishlist for a while now. The Flash Deal on it is tempting me something fierce. What is the feeling on it around here?

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    Oh, phew, store is back up.

• Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Marikir wrote: »
    I've had Magicka on my wishlist for a while now. The Flash Deal on it is tempting me something fierce. What is the feeling on it around here?

It's pretty darn entertaining imo.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

If you've got people to play with, it's an absolute ball. The first time you accidentally kill everyone in the party by a wrongly timed shield that causes a fireball to bounce around the interior of a dome instead of reflecting it away is just magical.

Solo? Eh. I could live without.

• Options

Have any friendships you want to destroy?

There's a Magicka for that.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    minor, didn't you spend all last sale getting your credit cards systematically shut down? :P

Yes. 8 times, I believe.

This time I loaded up a few hundred in my Steam Wallet and have been using that to gift and buy.

Ironically, I traded in some games at GameStop to get an extra Steam Wallet card, and I owed a couple bucks above the trade value, so when I paid for that with my credit card, I got a fraud prevention call 2 minutes later.

I think VISA basically just said fuck all with fraud protection on me after the $5,000 lube fiasco.

Basically we had access to a massive hill that was next to a lake a buddy owns a house on, he runs some pretty great summer parties and people end up showing up as he's near a park. Basically we spent a ton of time clearing trees and brush and digging a chute all the way down and lined it with tarps to make a giant slip-n-slide. We figured out water didn't cut it if we pumped it up from the lake so we ordered a summers worth of lube.

575 gallons of lube to be exact, kept the chute slippery to the extent that people would hit the little ramp on the bottom and skip across the water.

Bunch of people kicked in on the order and I made it because I'm the only person who can take freight deliveries. We ended up not using one drum of it so everyone took home a bunch for....personal entertainment.

I made the order and visa flagged it and called me to verify the order not once but twice because they couldn't believe it apparently. First answer I gave them what it was for because they couldn't believe it was quite sarcastic and the second time because I was pissed that I had to jump through the hoops again I told them it was for gathering samples in artificial insemination on elephants. That lady the second time didn't have much of a sense of humor when I told her there would be a number of orders for umbrellas and hip waders occurring shortly as well.

Some people I tell ya.

Best. Story. Ever.

Sometime I'll tell you why its a bad idea to play connect four against a stripper in Thailand.

Bah, that's nothing.

One of these days, I should tell you all the story of my late uncle and how he almost got himself arested for piracy... naval piracy.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Here's a story about the classiness of this thread.

In the three minutes where I thought I missed out on the Painkiller sale, @Hieric gifted it to me.

Three goddamn minutes.

Let's all reflect on that for a moment.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    fine, steam sale

i didn't want that $30 anyway
    you can have it

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    What are the chances pop series does individual sales? I may pull the trigger on the bundle but it's half my wallet and I really only planned on grabbing the first three games this sale.

• Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    Oh my goodness, here I am rushing to get to work (BOOO WORK, SERVING NEWELL IS THE ONLY WORK I NEED), and I see that @Mackenzier has gifted me Avernum: Escape From The Pit

You and class go together like delicious fudge and.....even MORE delicious fudge! <333

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I can see a portal / zombie game where there's one blue and one orange gun for survivors, and a green (= zombie horde) gun for some nefarious zombie King.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I can see a portal / zombie game where there's one blue and one orange gun for survivors, and a green (= zombie horde) gun for some nefarious zombie King.

I'd green light this.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »

Yes. 8 times, I believe.

Some people I tell ya.

Best. Story. Ever.

Bah, that's nothing.

One of these days, I should tell you all the story of my late uncle and how he almost got himself arested for piracy... naval piracy.

I smell a Bastion gift contest a-brewin'.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Be it known, as if there was any doubt, that Alecthar is the classiest of gents. And I really mean that, that's not just obligatory because he gifted me not one but two awesome games.

Also, I would like to belatedly announce the same for The Anonymous. The message he sent with it made me smile.

While we're on the subject, I meant to put this up for gift like forever ago, but kept forgetting.

signature.png

• Options
    edited July 2012
    SanderJK wrote: »

Or you get blue portals and zombies get orange.

How about a nice game of chess?

iRevert on
  • Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular

Yes. 8 times, I believe.

Some people I tell ya.

Best. Story. Ever.

I'm pretty sure you win at life.
    And I'd love to hear that story.
    Any story involving strippers is surely to be good.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    boogity boogity wha

The classy gent known as @ToyD gifted me my favorite game ever, Steam Mobile Access!

It's as if he knew that I was gonna be at university this week with no way to access my account during that time..until now.

Now I'm a slave to the Newell 24/7.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Three minutes for dailies, set speed to OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOG

• Options
    Three minutes for dailies, set speed to OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOG

EVERYBODY PANIC

*fingers crossed for Jade Empire*

• Options
    Maz- wrote: »
    boogity boogity wha

The classy gent known as @ToyD gifted me my favorite game ever, Steam Mobile Access!

It's as if he knew that I was gonna be at university this week with no way to access my account during that time..until now.

You're welcome! I just randomly picked someone I knew needed something, but wasn't sure about a game due to your region.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    It took me until just now to realize that the Batman flash sale was the whole franchise. DLC get!

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    M$ Flight is one of the new flash sales
    Killing floor is the other

Holy 12 hour flash sale batman

iRevert on
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    I am gifting two things that everybody already owns. Good...luck?

signature.png

signature.png

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Boy I dunno about today's games... none of these just make me wanna open my wallet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    It took me until just now to realize that the Batman flash sale was the whole franchise. DLC get!

Yeah, I just found out that it was on a flash sale. That's more than I was planning to spend, but it's so much stuff. Two minutes to decide...wait, no, crap, out of time :(

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    THERE is the sale I was waiting for! When SR:TT was the community choice, only the main game and main game + expansions went on sale.

This time around, ALL the DLC is 75% off. Now I can get some at sub-dollar prices and not feel like an idiot for doing so.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    Just so everyone knows, when Gear made a few big gift posts before the sale even started, since I've known him for a quite a while, I messaged him and asked him if he robbed a bank. His response was "several". That might clarify some things. =)

Handgimp has some classy competition.

I concur. I think his contests broke my freaking points bank on steamgifts! I guess it would be robbery too, if you weren't giving games for those points. ;)

Also reposting my own meager, pathetic sale. Some of us sadly do not turn to a life of crime for Steam.

signature.png

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    The Walking Dead.

sheeeeeiiiiiiit

Wait, what? I was just gonna post that 15 € is pretty expensive for 1 episode, but apparently you get access to all 5 with this when they are released?

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Phew, nothing I need today. I AM SAFE!

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Mount and Blade - 2.49
    Walking dead - 14.99
    Trine 2 - 3.74
    Indie bundle 4 - 9.99
    Darkness 2 - 12.49
    SR3 - 12,49
    Serious sam 3 - 9.99
    Cities xl 2012 - 9.99
    Hitman blood money - 2.49

flash-
    Killing floor - 4.99
    Flight - 16.99

• Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Is that community choice price on Grimrock the same discount as the daily from a day or three ago?

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Thanks @elderlycrawfish for some QUBE action right before I go to bed.

Today's deals and the flash debuts are mercifully full of repeats or things I don't want. Besides the Darkness 2 and the Walking Dead but I think I can wait on that. I'll sleep on it.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    Jurgen_Jurgen_ FinlandRegistered User regular
    Saints Row... Do want, but kind of on the fence about it. Damn you bills that must be paid ! Damn you to hell !

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Reminder for the new thread!

The Furious, Fulminating, Frustration Darksiders Giveaway

.jpg

I've got an extra copy of Darksiders stashed away from yesterday, and I didn't want to just throw it on Steamgifts because that's boring, but I couldn't think of a good contest theme. I was toying with some lame-ass thing about what your plot to overthrow the infernal authorities and install yourself as lord of Hades would be if you were a demonic being. But fuck that tryhard shit. My experiences tonight have given me inspiration.

Darksiders is about this guy, War.
    darksiders-war1265059262.jpg
    (Pictured with sidekick/chaperone.)

The contest itself, however, is in a way more about his lesser-known sister, Fury.
    Fury_comic.png
    (Pictured with boobies.)

Tell me about the most frustrated you have ever been playing a vidjagame. It can be any type of game, and any kind of reason. All that matters is that it made you angry. Or better yet, reduced you to a gibbering, frothing, irrational fury. Win my empathy, my amusement, or better yet, both. The person who most elicits my compassion/schadenfreude gets the copy of Darksiders, which they can then play, and, in fighting Tiamat, forget about their previous most frustrating gaming experience altogether.

(If it seems like I'm probably driving the number of entries in the contest down between comments like that and my earlier public tantrum, just look at it as me improving the odds for those of you still brave enough to enter.)

That's it, people, light up my inbox. That is to say, ENTRIES SHOULD BE SENT VIA PM. I will pick a winner around midnight tonight EDT (that's about 11 hours from now). I will post the winning entry for all to enjoy, assuming the winner is comfortable sharing their shameful lack of perspective and self-control with the entire thread.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    ToyD wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    boogity boogity wha

You're welcome! I just randomly picked someone I knew needed something, but wasn't sure about a game due to your region.

Region-locking is only a concern when I buy stuff myself, there's no restrictions when people from another region make the purchase.

• Options
    cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    Walking Dead is an instabuy at that price. I've heard so many great things about this game so far. Can't wait to try it out!

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Picking up Walking Dead. My girlfriend is a huge fan,so we'll play it together on the big TV :D

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
This discussion has been closed.