As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Yeah, Hargaad skipped Diana, so how about you Rengar more about it.

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Not tentative opinion: Lee sin is a shitty champ. Not darius level shitty, but pretty shitty.

not sure if serious....

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Lee Sin is pretty straight forward, just stick to him and you'll outdamage his sustain. May want an early tear into a manamune for the mana but if you run mana runes/masteries you shouldn't need it.

I cannot wrap my head around building Manamune on Fiora. Did they nerf her mana costs, or are you just spamming the shit out of Q?

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Tentative opinion: New Kat isn't especially good / fun.

Not tentative opinion: Lee sin is a shitty champ. Not darius level shitty, but pretty shitty.

Lee Sin requires some modicum of skill to be good with. Darius doesn't even require a fully functional brain stem.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    My full opinion on her is that they marginally buffed her teamfight damage by giving her an actual fourth ability, but failed to adjust one key thing.

The problem wasnt JUST her ulti. She's a meele mage/hybrid. Which means she needs to be able to actually be able to survive in meele range.

Basically, this is what happens.

1. Build straight ap. do tons of damage. Die to incidental aoe/a stun.

2. Build tanky ap. have the majority of your damage midigated by a single magic resist item.

3. Hybrid

Best way to play her, however, suffers from "not jax" syndrom. Has good sustain, decent damage, however half your damage is tied to a channeled meele range ult that can be interrupted by sneezing.

The problem really lies in the functionality and inherent weakness of scaling her in accordance of the "perfect scenario" Kat ult.

Either make her immune to disables while channeling, while giving it a built in slow, or trash it.

Transporter on
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    On a 10 win streak with Diana. Once I hit level 6 it is just GG. Triple kills all over the place.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Joe K wrote: »

not sure if serious....

Shitty as in makes LOL less fun, not as in "makes your team lose."

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Lee Sin is pretty straight forward, just stick to him and you'll outdamage his sustain. May want an early tear into a manamune for the mana but if you run mana runes/masteries you shouldn't need it.

I cannot wrap my head around building Manamune on Fiora. Did they nerf her mana costs, or are you just spamming the shit out of Q?

Against mana less champs with shields it can be tough to burst them down without being able to keep up with their resource capabilities. A way to offset that is to rush a tear so you can spam your abilities and wear them down. It's not strictly necessary but can make the lane much more tolerable.

I haven't had to resort to a manamune against lee sin yet, but I did once versus Shen, I'm just putting that out as an option as it can help considerably in lane although may not be strictly necessary. Typically the only champs I really advocate Manamune for are Yorick or Blitzcrank.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

Against mana less champs with shields it can be tough to burst them down without being able to keep up with their resource capabilities. A way to offset that is to rush a tear so you can spam your abilities and wear them down. It's not strictly necessary but can make the lane much more tolerable.

I haven't had to resort to a manamune against lee sin yet, but I did once versus Shen, I'm just putting that out as an option as it can help considerably in lane although may not be strictly necessary. Typically the only champs I really advocate Manamune for are Yorick or Blitzcrank.

Why not get a philo instead? It helps your sustain, also has mana regeneration, and even generates gold for you. You only really need it for laning, so you sell it later at no gold loss.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Philo is nice steady sustain to help shrug off harass and let you get a couple more abilities off, but if you're going balls out like Delph suggests it won't cut it.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Philo is nice steady sustain to help shrug off harass and let you get a couple more abilities off, but if you're going balls out like Delph suggests it won't cut it.

This and you can't turn Philo into more damage. Tear turns into Manamune which doesn't' delay your damage as much as philo would. Manamune isn't ideal but you still want some sort of early AD so it's the best way to get both the infinite mana and AD you want against manaless champs if you feel you'll need to spam your abilities a lot. More often than not you probably won't need to, but if you want to give yourself an edge that's the way I would do it.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So I went against Katarina as Morgana in a ranked game.

None of her new shit scared me or my team. Her stupid spinny move does ok damage but the speed buff is lol.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I don't think the Garen changes did a lot. I just played Singed against Garen, and I wasn't at ALL prepared for how well he trades early on, so he won lane hard and took my tower early.

But the rest of my team was going just slightly worse than even, so the first couple teamfights were fairly inconclusive, and after those Garen was basically a non-factor -- too easy to peel off Kog, not so much damage we were scared of him. We won with a surrender around 38 minutes. I'm given to understand that this is about what you would have expected from old Garen.

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Mahnmut wrote: »
    I don't think the Garen changes did a lot. I just played Singed against Garen, and I wasn't at ALL prepared for how well he trades early on, so he won lane hard and took my tower early.

But the rest of my team was going just slightly worse than even, so the first couple teamfights were fairly inconclusive, and after those Garen was basically a non-factor -- too easy to peel off Kog, not so much damage we were scared of him. We won with a surrender around 38 minutes. I'm given to understand that this is about what you would have expected from old Garen.

Everything except for the part where he wins his lane.

• Options
    edited August 2012

Everything except for the part where he wins his lane.

Sure, but the direction of the changes was to nerf his early game, right? I don't really think he could have won if I hadn't crumpled hard pre-6, anyhow.

e: and aha, messed up by not taking early goo skill too

Mahnmut on
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Actually, early game has always been Garen's strengths, and even pre changes he could win a lot of top matchups. You just didn't want to run him because he fell off a cliff late game. He just got late game buffs, but it doesn't mean he's just going to auto win late game. Singed late game is a valuable champ too, and in fact a very good one for peeling Garen away from his team's backline. This new Garen is actually solid, he's just still not as good as Riven, because nobody really is. Once they up her ult cooldown and nerf Darius some more, he'll probably be right in line.

RE: Lee Sin, he really does fall off late game, whether from top or jungle. You can pull off awesome plays with him, but the thing about Lee is out of the jungle he really needs to snowball his lanes or else the other team's jungler will probably be more useful, and from top lane even with a lot of items he's not all that scary in team fights, especially if you can't get to the enemy back line.

I watched a plat elo stream the other day where I can't remember who was playing Rumble, fed so many kills to Lee Sin it was stupid. The Lee was something like 8/0 by like 15 minutes, so Rumble just left lane, roamed bot, and got a triple kill because hey, his ult and flamethrower are useful no matter how underfed, and then his team came back to win. If that was an 8/0 Riven or Irelia, no chance the other team wins. That's his problem really, he can't single handedly carry when fed like other tops can.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    New Shunpo does 180 damage at level 5 or something stupidly low. ALL her skills are low really, I couldn't 100-0 someone with DFG AND Gunblade with a full combo on Dominion.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Arikado wrote: »

None of her new shit scared me or my team. Her stupid spinny move does ok damage but the speed buff is lol.

The new Kat is definitely potent and I played against a really good one today, but her harass is not as good as it was before due to the new bouncing blade. To be fair, Morg is about as safe against Katarina as a mid can be. AFK farm with pool, E yourself any time she wants to come in on you and walk away, binding if needed. I wish I got to play Morg more often, because I love utility mages. Good flash ult zhonyas plays with Morg are the best.

The new Kat absolutely does not lack for burst. Her bouncing blade plus consuming the mark is 265(+0.7), her W is 0.35 AP and 0.5 bonus AD ratio, Shunpo has a 0.5 AP ratio, and her ult has a 1.75 AP ratio and 3 AD ratio on the 2 second channel on top of 400 base damage at rank 1. If you hit somebody with all of that who isn't way more fed than you or has a ton of MR, they're dead.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    So played a game with some PA folks that was going really rough. At 30 minutes we were 8k behind according to someone that was spectating. Even after the game was over, we were 1k behind.

HOWEVER, EZREAL + SONA STILL WINS LANES.

EZREALWINSTHROWS.png

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    If I was that Ryze, I would be very mad at my team for letting me be that fed and somehow managing to lose the game, lol. That's why it's a team game though. They should've just picked Taric instead of Soraka. Man mode is always the best choice.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Man, I understand the logic behind it, but I would really find it a lot easier if Diana would walk up if you tried to smartcast her Q out of range instead of just just throwing it in that direction...

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    Man, I understand the logic behind it, but I would really find it a lot easier if Diana would walk up if you tried to smartcast her Q out of range instead of just just throwing it in that direction...

Yeah, I keep expecting it to work like the point-blank cone attacks!

It's funny because I HATE the way those work.

• Options
    As somebody who likes to play Mordekaiser who has his E cone work that way, trust me, that way fucking sucks. All it really does is mean if you have your mouse too far forward and click you'll walk forward even if you didn't mean to. I know the ranges on my abilities, and I just want them to work instantly when I point in a direction.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    My friend and I are smurfing a game

www.twitch.tv/takashix

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »

The new Kat is definitely potent and I played against a really good one today, but her harass is not as good as it was before due to the new bouncing blade. To be fair, Morg is about as safe against Katarina as a mid can be. AFK farm with pool, E yourself any time she wants to come in on you and walk away, binding if needed. I wish I got to play Morg more often, because I love utility mages. Good flash ult zhonyas plays with Morg are the best.

The new Kat absolutely does not lack for burst. Her bouncing blade plus consuming the mark is 265(+0.7), her W is 0.35 AP and 0.5 bonus AD ratio, Shunpo has a 0.5 AP ratio, and her ult has a 1.75 AP ratio and 3 AD ratio on the 2 second channel on top of 400 base damage at rank 1. If you hit somebody with all of that who isn't way more fed than you or has a ton of MR, they're dead.

Nah. I had her dead about 5 times before 15 minutes. She can't safely farm hoping to last hit with her nerfed blades early on. Clear her minion wave before her next one is at her tier 2 tower and she can't escape without help or flash. The ignite effect on her ult is really retarded though. Still, her spinny move is kind of dumb.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular

Nah. I had her dead about 5 times before 15 minutes. She can't safely farm hoping to last hit with her nerfed blades early on. Clear her minion wave before her next one is at her tier 2 tower and she can't escape without help or flash. The ignite effect on her ult is really retarded though. Still, her spinny move is kind of dumb.

I miss being able to situationally level Q vs. E. Her Shunpo hits like kitten pacifists wearing pillow armor.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    As somebody who likes to play Mordekaiser who has his E cone work that way, trust me, that way fucking sucks. All it really does is mean if you have your mouse too far forward and click you'll walk forward even if you didn't mean to. I know the ranges on my abilities, and I just want them to work instantly when I point in a direction.
    The cones are retarded, yeah. But since I'm focusing on hitting the AOE part of it usually, I keep wanting to act like it's Cass' Q or Lux's E or anything like that. But it is not...

• Options
    Shoot, I just realized that my newfound Singed fandom means I need to get MS quints and probably a new runepage. Riot why. :(

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Shoot, I just realized that my newfound Singed fandom means I need to get MS quints and probably a new runepage. Riot why. :(

Move Speed Quints will be the best investment you ever make. I run them pretty much everywhere but support and sometimes Mid.

As an Aside, i think that Crit Chance Reds may be a better option than AD reds for ADC if you can abuse crits from AA trades.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    spacebearspacebear Registered User regular
    I think we could nerf Skarner into the ground and he'd still be a badass :D

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Was playing with @Roz and had my 2nd Sivir penta stolen from me :(

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Can't play new Kat like old Kat. Need to be more aggressive and be willing to trade early and often. Can't sit back and harass with BB, gotta BB then shunpo in and SS. Focus Q over W for bigger burst and W over Q for more sustained damage.

Be incredibly aggressive in mid follow up with your combo often after the enemy uses a cooldown. Keep it up, get them low then blow them up.

And build her hybrid, not pure AP.

Also she clears waves like a bawse. Be sure to take the wraiths often if your jungler won't get to them soon.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    I can't imagine building Cho anything but AP since he has insanely stupid good ratios, but I don't really play Cho so whatev. Might be hard to get a RoA early enough to be worth it out of the jungle though.

It depends on what you want to be doing, really. AP Cho can deal a horrifying amount of damage, but bruiser Cho is probably going to be a lot tankier and just as good (if not slightly better) at disrupting the enemy team. When I'm playing the champ that grows to a stupidly large size I like to build as tanky as I can, but that's just personal preference.

On a related note, bruiser Diana is pretty hilarious. Put a Frozen Mallet on her and she can stick to an enemy for days.

Why would you build a mallet instead of a Ryali's? It's not like Diana really has problems sticking to people anyway post-6.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    I can't imagine building Cho anything but AP since he has insanely stupid good ratios, but I don't really play Cho so whatev. Might be hard to get a RoA early enough to be worth it out of the jungle though.

It depends on what you want to be doing, really. AP Cho can deal a horrifying amount of damage, but bruiser Cho is probably going to be a lot tankier and just as good (if not slightly better) at disrupting the enemy team. When I'm playing the champ that grows to a stupidly large size I like to build as tanky as I can, but that's just personal preference.

On a related note, bruiser Diana is pretty hilarious. Put a Frozen Mallet on her and she can stick to an enemy for days.

Why would you build a mallet instead of a Ryali's? It's not like Diana really has problems sticking to people anyway post-6.

Generally the slow from Ryali's is only equatable to Frozen Mallet in terms of slowing power on guys with a spammable spell. Autoattackers can keep refreshing to slow longer than a mage can since Frozen Mallet doesn't rely on CDs.

Granted there are other reasons you'd pick one over the other since there are few champs that can really use both.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    best way to play new kat is to not play kat

• Options
    Jars wrote: »
    best way to play new kat is to not play kat

Nah best way to play new kat is to learn to properly play her and utilize her new kit. It'll be tough for people who try to play her the same as her old build, but she's got quite a bit of power now if you've got the skill to utilize it.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Was playing with @Roz and had my 2nd Sivir penta stolen from me :(

That game is proof that Diana remains lethal no matter how badly you play.

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Sploosh!
    Every time Darius ulted, an angel got an orgasm.
    game44.png

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    that porno stash
    Riot_Graves_Splash_thumb.jpg

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Teemo needs a skin where, after a few seconds of running, he starts singing. That would make running away from champs trying to squish him as they run through all his mushrooms even more awesome.
    Or at least an automatic /laugh every time a shroom is popped.

Glal on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    i want that riot graves skin :c

i have a feeling it's only going to be a give out at pax though

which im not going to :c

This discussion has been closed.