As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PHALLA] Final Fantasy XIV: CLOSED Shalmelo and Cythraul WIN!

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    and people sometimes wonder why i yell at you all the time, stever.

they shall wonder no longer.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    :?

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    stever777 wrote: »
    We'll all laugh at this later in life.

I'm laughing at it RIGHT NOW!

:lol:

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    So, where are the next 24 phallas so I can get Day 1'd in more of them than Bedlam after his game killing maneuver?

I'll laugh if you're mafia and the rest of the mafia day one you in one of those 24 games.

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    So, where are the next 24 phallas so I can get Day 1'd in more of them than Bedlam after his game killing maneuver?

I'll laugh if you're mafia and the rest of the mafia day one you in one of those 24 games.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

That's exactly what I would do. :P

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    :^: to Cyth for not totally buying it & thinking his way out of danger.

:^: :^: :^: to shalmelo for not buying it at all & carrying the day for the village.

& SCREW YOU BOTH FOR TAKING AWAY MY ETERNAL PHALLA GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ;-)

No thumbs up to @Void Slayer for this. I mean at that point it was curious why the mafia would keep you alive
    :mrgreen:

I don't know if I was more surprised that everyone voted out Lonelyahava or that she turned out to be mafia. I totally pulled that accusation out of my ass.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Wait, so I could have been mafia from day 1? And I had to survive to win?

God. Damn. It.

There was literally no way I could have known that from my role pm.

OTOH, I tried to play the perfect vanillager all game.

Not being in any network, all game long, left me flailing about to figure out what was going on. Also, playing by phone sucks. I already apologized to INANTP for calling him out while being a vig, but oops.

At least I was right about Langly.

• Options
    Also, neither board is unlocked, at least for me.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Yeah, as much as I appreciate you running the game, TNB, had you made the untrustworthiness of the game apparent, I absolutely would not have signed up.

No win conditions is dumb.

Being able to join the mafia (even if this was not made apparent to ANYONE) is dumb. And this is from the guy who was a mafia who abused game mechanics to join a neutral party partway through a game.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Open the boards! I must know who killed me and if I should grudge them for it!

Also, since this was really the WoW phalla, just release and run to the instance portal to resurrect and then we all win!

Phyphor on
  • Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Being able to join the mafia (even if this was not made apparent to ANYONE) is dumb. And this is from the guy who was a mafia who abused game mechanics to join a neutral party partway through a game.

I might be dense but... that is possible??? :/

How?

• Options
    Oh, I'm expecting plenty of Day 1's, as undeserved as they may be.
    More phalla! Let's get these kills on the road! 8-)

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    stever.

grudged.

forever.

TNB, I know you're getting a lot of flack for the stuff that was weird, but I really liked most of it (though I tend to like unconventional for its own sake, so take that with a grain of salt). My biggest problem was the setup of the mafia boards. It was just a big jumbled mess of redundancies. Maybe that was part of the confusion you were going for. I wanted to make my own board for discussions, etc, but I really was just busy this game. Thanks for hosting. Would play again.

• Options
    CitizenCitizen Registered User regular
    Thanks for running this TNB! I had a fun time and I know these things are a ton of work. You rock.

And to think I trusted ahava. I've learnt a pin-cushiony lesson.

• Options
    Hey, MrT, at least no one bought my story of you being dumb & giving out a mafia contact.

• Options
    To be fair, I had fun, and I don't mind weird mechanics, I just wish the role pm was slightly clearer.

All in all, I'd play again.

Your prompt posting of results was something you should be proud of, that is for sure.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    That was nice, not having hour long twilight hour posts changes a few things

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Hey, MrT, at least no one bought my story of you being dumb & giving out a mafia contact.

I wouldn't say that NOBODY bought it. Like I said - I got talked out of killing you twice by members of the network.

But yeah, @mrtlicious, you can probably take it as a compliment that I caught stever because I had too much faith in your intelligence.

• Options
    Well, I meant people who matter.
    Not the riff-raff.
    Duh!
    :lol:

• Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »

I was actually really annoyed about it on night 2 because I had planned to call my kill and reveal in thread after vote close.

It's probably for the best that didn't happen, though.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »

I was actually really annoyed about it on night 2 because I had planned to call my kill and reveal in thread after vote close.

In that case you just have to reveal in like the last five minutes of the day.

The mafia can't change their orders that day to kill you, and no one can mount a counterwagon to try and kill you (for some reason).

That said, the mafia setup made revealing something of an unfriendly proposition yes.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    So am I the only person that is thinking of starting every game from now on with a PM to the host: "I would like to join the mafia" ? :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

The mafia can't change their orders that day to kill you, and no one can mount a counterwagon to try and kill you (for some reason).

That said, the mafia setup made revealing something of an unfriendly proposition yes.

Actually, our group kill was a vote and could have been changed after action close but before vote close.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »

the mafia killed you

• Options
    Yet another senseless spread-sheeter death.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    we killed you because we thought vote manipulation was going to be more of a thing than it turned out to be. so we wanted the box dead.

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Okay so new list of things to PM the host day one:
    I turn off the safety on my gun.

I start breathing.

I want to join the mafia.

Am I missing any?

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Egos wrote: »

the mafia killed you

I know... but I need specific names! I can't grudge the mafia, they might kill me for that

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Okay so new list of things to PM the host day one:
    I turn off the safety on my gun.

I start breathing.

I want to join the mafia.

Am I missing any?

What are the first two from?

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    The first is from Ender's Phalla

I don't recognize the 2nd.

• Options

"We should kill Phyphor if he's not one of us." - blahmcblah
    Thus began the Day 1 mafia kill vote on you.
    Yes, we had to vote on our kill.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Actually, our group kill was a vote and could have been changed after action close but before vote close.

oh sod off

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

oh sod off

:(

• Options
    hehe

• Options

"We should kill Phyphor if he's not one of us." - blahmcblah
    Thus began the Day 1 mafia kill vote on you.
    Yes, we had to vote on our kill.

Excellent

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Sorry dude, it was out of respect. But it was a group decision. I didn't actually expect anyone to listen to me.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    So was my death entirely at the hands of the mafia or did also eat a few arrows from someone else?

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Ahava bows Mill (x2)

• Options
    Mafia Orders

Day 1:

mi-go guards obifett
    MrT guards mi-go

Day 2:

Langly seers Baidol
    Migo guards obifett
    MrT guards mi-go
    Obifett Lances jdark

Day 3 placeholders:

Langly Seers I Needed a Name To Post
    Migo guards Obifett
    MrT guards Ahava
    Obifett Lances ketbra
    Ahava Bows Kilnaga x2

Day 4 placeholders:

Migo guards Obifett
    Obifett Lances SLyM
    Ahava Bows T_A

Day 5 Placeholders:

Delmain activates party guard
    ObiFett lances Baidol
    Ahava bows Citizen (x2)

Day 6 Placeholders:

Delmain activates party guard
    ObiFett lances INANTP
    Ahava bows Mill (x2)

Day 7

Ahava bows JLeo (x2)

Day 8

Ahava Bows shalmelo & Cythraul

• Options
    My fave thread in mafia board

The Kime Problem

langly
    "Ok, so anyone with a brain is going to at least assume kime is confirmed now, and while they might not tell him anything, they are going to seriously soft network with him.

I would do exactly hat, so here is my pm to him:

Quote:
    ok, so you're pretty much ultra confirmed. I guess that he could be listing everyone green in narration (or he just will now in order to try and mask this), but I sincerely doubt it.

I am partied with mrt and lucedes. I am vanilla (no items)"

mrt

"It's gotta be kime dead today."