Options

The Resistance [BSG-esque PBP Game] - Now with Plots within Plots!

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Cerberus. I can't see that one getting voted in.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    also, are you sticking with your plot card on jdark or not?

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    doodles613 wrote: »
    but I'd say its likely Blah is the spy

Is this based on something he said or is this just a gut feeling because he's a "smooth criminal"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_D3VFfhvs4
    was this post potentially just an excuse to post this music video?
    Maybe :bz

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Egos, at the rate which you are posting video links, memes, and random pictures...

You are becoming disturbingly like TRV.

• Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    Plot cards are only drawn at the beginning of each round, not at the beginning of each proposal. There won't be any more cards until people actually go on a mission.

Are you sure that is the case? It says go back to step 1 after a proposal fails in the OP, and step 1 is draw a plot card...

• Options
    Egos, at the rate which you are posting video links, memes, and random pictures...

You are becoming disturbingly like TRV.

TheEgosVirus... DUN DUN DUN!

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Plot cards are only drawn at the beginning of each round, not at the beginning of each proposal. There won't be any more cards until people actually go on a mission.

Are you sure that is the case? It says go back to step 1 after a proposal fails in the OP, and step 1 is draw a plot card...

I'm sure. I think Cap must've left that in from the previous game, where step 1 was mission proposal.

• Options
    doodles613doodles613 Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Egos wrote: »
    but I'd say its likely he is the spy

Is this based on something he said or is this just a gut feeling because he's a "smooth criminal"?

umm, well lets see, he really has not done much to deny it, other then saying that he was just unlucky lol. He is also acting very suspiciously, and was SUPER eager to go with no rotation, and did not retract that at all or say oops when the rest of us found out that the mission failed. This is a crap-ton of suspicion. I will pick my team tomorrow hopefully close to noon to give people a chance to chime in

doodles613 on
  • Options
    sorry, I edited out the video, that was just annoying

• Options
    Also, apparently you're supposed to draw 3 plot cards with 9-10 players, lolol. I didn't know until I just now actually looked up the rules, as I've only played 5-player games IRL.

Rules (spoilered for huge):
    img0679h.jpg

CAP IS THE WORST (not really, Cap, we still love you!).

• Options

where is the disagree button :( ?

moonwalkav.gif
    also you forgot to put an end
    [/quote]

as I'm sure you are aware

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    FFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!

(Seriously, this is the third time I'm playing the game.)

• Options
    I'm sorry. What do we want to do? Should I just hand out two more plot cards to Doodle, or stick with the mistake for this game?

• Options

where is the disagree button :( ?
    ]

cut it out with your annoying code! lol

• Options
    so cap, should we just restart the whole game, that could have had a serious effect on round one, and we would have found out blah is a spy and voted his proposal down

• Options
    well, if it is supposed to be only at the start of each mission, and not each individual proposal like Blah said, then 3 makes sense. If it is every proposal, 3 is insane and makes no sense.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    I'm sorry. What do we want to do? Should I just hand out two more plot cards to Doodle, or stick with the mistake for this game?

Which option is pro-resistance ? :) More cards right?

You're basically asking us what side we are on, right? .... I see what you are doing, cheeky devil.

• Options
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    well, if it is supposed to be only at the start of each mission, and not each individual proposal like Blah said, then 3 makes sense. If it is every proposal, 3 is insane and makes no sense.

It's once each round. There are only five rounds.

If you guys want to restart, I'm not opposed to it. I've goofed up enough to probably merit it.

• Options

You're basically asking us what side we are on, right? .... I see what you are doing, cheeky devil.

Well, it was more "Stick with the mistake?" or "Restart?"

• Options
    umm, well lets see, he really has not done much to deny it, other then saying that he was just unlucky lol.

What else could I possibly say lol? I picked a spy to go on my mission #1 team with 0 information lol. Yes, that is unlucky lol. There is no other defense to offer lol.
    He is also acting very suspiciously

More than you? How so?
    and was SUPER eager to go with no rotation

Yes, BEFORE we found out the mission actually failed.
    and did not retract that at all or say oops when the rest of us found out that the mission failed

Uh, obviously we weren't going with no rotation at that point; Cap had already told you to re-do the proposal. And after we found out the mission actually failed, I said I'd vote no to any proposal you or Kilnaga came up with, as either of you might be a spy. I think that would obviously include any that had no rotation.
    This is a crap-ton of suspicion.

Yeah, if even half the stuff you said was true. But since it's mostly distortions and lies, I think you look much more suspicious. More suspicious than Kilnaga now, that's for sure.

• Options

Well, it was more "Stick with the mistake?" or "Restart?"

I vote restart, sorry, I think it makes a big difference to the game to do things consistently from the start

• Options
    I'm cool with whatever. We aren't so far in that restarting would kill us. Just scramble the leader order or w/e and rehand out loyalty cards?

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    umm, well lets see, he really has not done much to deny it, other then saying that he was just unlucky lol.

What else could I possibly say lol? I picked a spy to go on my mission #1 team with 0 information lol. Yes, that is unlucky lol. There is no other defense to offer lol.
    He is also acting very suspiciously

More than you? How so?
    and was SUPER eager to go with no rotation

Yes, BEFORE we found out the mission actually failed.
    and did not retract that at all or say oops when the rest of us found out that the mission failed

Uh, obviously we weren't going with no rotation at that point; Cap had already told you to re-do the proposal. And after we found out the mission actually failed, I said I'd vote no to any proposal you or Kilnaga came up with, as either of you might be a spy. I think that would obviously include any that had no rotation.
    This is a crap-ton of suspicion.

Yeah, if even half the stuff you said was true. But since it's mostly distortions and lies, I think you look much more suspicious. More suspicious than Kilnaga now, that's for sure.

You cant double talk your way out of this, your eagerness to jump at the next mission, HOPING we would not notice the mistake and go down 2-0 is very obvious. Its even more obvious by the fact that that you didn't even say anything after you just wanted to jump right ahead. Your only saving grace in my eyes here is that I think you would have said something becuase you don't cheat, and would have caught the error, which is the only reason why im not 100% sure. If you guys think im the spy though, I'll sit out and put other people up, that is, unless we are not restarting. Also, if we are not restarting I need 2 more cards.

• Options
    And yeah, a restart probably makes the most sense.

• Options
    And yeah, a restart probably makes the most sense.

ha, pinned as a spy :-p

• Options
    ALSO, for the record, can we make a rule that if a spy sees that his sabotage obviously was not counted, before he posts ANYTHING in the forums he has to PM the host. The host or something. I almost feel like its cheating in a way to post stuff about the next proposal before the host informs us of the mistake :)

• Options
    Or the host just doesn't make a mistake. Because then we have the people who aren't spies posting...

• Options
    Oh he has to pm the host.. you didn't necessarily say wait for him to get back to him. I was kinda assuming you meant that haha. Which would be like.. Oh those guys talked but what about ____ , he didn't :D

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
  • Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    A redo seems sensible to me!

• Options
    whatevas

diva stance

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    So much stuff... so much to wake up to! Whatever on the restart.

• Options
    @mi-go hunter

Are you Darker than BLACK?

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    yeah I noticed but we can't edit posts...and I didn't feel like double posting

• Options
    edited September 2012
    @mi-go hunter

Are you Darker than BLACK?

Ahahaha. Yes.

Havoc.

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
    So I think a vote to restart passes, as most people want to or dont care...so who were the spys then?

• Options
    edited September 2012
    My guess? Kilnaga, TheBody, Egos, and ... no clue.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »

no clue as in you were the final spy, but you wanted to appear safe just in case we continued!

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    no clue as in you were the final spy, but you wanted to appear safe just in case we continued!
    Nah, I just don't have a good read on the rest of you.