As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] ass

surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloveddreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
edited September 2012 in Debate and/or Discourse
EXACTLY what this giraffe thought:

donkey-164.jpg

... As I walked through the valley of the shadow of Jacob I looked back at my gat and I realised not much ammo was left. For I'd been blasting and laughing so long that even my momma thinks that my magazine is gone. Said Jacob as he ran into the room, legs splayed and lycra-clad arms flailing. There is no way I shall ever be able to raise the titanic from the sea bed without the funding we shall get from this diamond mine under the root tuber mines of eastern canadia.

He sent for his owls four, each missing an eye and a beak, and ordered them to gather together the greatest submariners the world had ever seen. Each enclosed in a hermetically sealed bathysphere, they took to the depths in search of their luminescent prey...

AND THUS ENDS TODAYS LESSON

TURN TO JACOB HYMN 371

obF2Wuw.png
surrealitycheck on

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    :|

That OP sure is... a... a thing... :|

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    You cray-cray

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    which of these three cheeses sounds best on a burger

JASPER HILL CHEDDAR
    ROGUE SMOKEY BLEU
    HAYSTACK MOUNTAIN CHÈVRE

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Organichu wrote: »

JASPER HILL CHEDDAR
    ROGUE SMOKEY BLEU
    HAYSTACK MOUNTAIN CHÈVRE

The bleu

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I don't understand what is going on in that photo.

Is that giraffe stumbling or is it trying to mount a donkey?

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

JASPER HILL CHEDDAR
    ROGUE SMOKEY BLEU
    HAYSTACK MOUNTAIN CHÈVRE

goat cheese is awesome on a burger

so that one, followed by cheddar

not the bleu

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    @Irond Will That's either a Fox Terrier, a Rat Terrier, or a Jack Russell Terrier.

Given that, my suggestions are either "Hitler," or "That Goddamn Dog."

That's what you're going to end up calling him, anyhow.

• Options

JASPER HILL CHEDDAR
    ROGUE SMOKEY BLEU
    HAYSTACK MOUNTAIN CHÈVRE

goat cheese is awesome on a burger

so that one, followed by cheddar

not the bleu

Wrong answer

• Options
    The best dogs are german shepherds.

i don't think I could ever own a dumb dog again. Smart dogs are... an experience. But once you get used to it, way better than a typical stupid dog.

• Options
    I want a Shiba

• Options
    Bleu cheese is also awesome on a burger. I had a cream cheese and jalapeno burger the other night at happy hour that was also quite good.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Oh my fuck kill me now, I hate struggling to get IIS working

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    dat shit cray

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    jacob challenged me to write a stream of consciousness op

i didnt stop typing

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    That's just your upbringing talking there, Chu.

no it isn't! it's fucked up that so many hicks are bigoted, and we should defend victims of fucked up attitudes like that (for a bunch of reasons). but that doesn't mean islam gets a pass. it's awful and many of the people who buy into it are awful. fox news picking on it doesn't excuse it from being terrible like most religions!

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Thank you chat jesus

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options

no it isn't! it's fucked up that so many hicks are bigoted, and we should defend victims of fucked up attitudes like that (for a bunch of reasons). but that doesn't mean islam gets a pass. it's awful and many of the people who buy into it are awful. fox news picking on it doesn't excuse it from being terrible like most religions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ywu_o_0dms&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    This was a bit ago but, on the 4s it's mostly the auto white balance that blows ass, I feel like.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    ya know, having Justin Bieber perform on Americas Got Talent kinda just maybe slightly overshadows the rest of the show.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

oh, you're serious? i thought you were making a joke.

Honestly, i don't have the most hateful attitude for religion, to me, it's just a tool, I'm more angry about the people who misuse it than after the tool itself. I don't think Islam needs a free pass or anything, though. Not sure where you got that from.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular

JASPER HILL CHEDDAR
    ROGUE SMOKEY BLEU
    HAYSTACK MOUNTAIN CHÈVRE
    All of them.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I was on the train today and some dude had a shirt that said, "Pussy is the root to all evil"

What a fucking idiot

• Options

I have more respect for the hardcore asshole forum atheists who unhesitantly lump Islam in with the theism they attack than I do for the namby-pamby liberals who will bitch until the sun goes supernova about Scientology or Catholicism but suddenly become compliant and accommodating where Islam is concerned.

That said.

It's not going away so we should develop coherent ways of dealing with it that doesn't get our people blown up by illiterate mobs of zealots.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    I was on the train today and some dude had a shirt that said, "Pussy is the root to all evil"

What a fucking idiot
    That's nonsense. Cats are way too lazy and uncaring to be actively evil.

sig.gif
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Islam isn't an organization like Catholicism and Scientology. It is more like a broad umbrella term like the term Christian.

• Options

oh, you're serious? i thought you were making a joke.

Honestly, i don't have the most hateful attitude for religion, to me, it's just a tool, I'm more angry about the people who misuse it than after the tool itself. I don't think Islam needs a free pass or anything, though. Not sure where you got that from.

i was initially kidding. but from your response it seemed like you might be one of those liberals who's 'adopted' islam as a reaction to seeing it get shit on by racists in the tea party or whatever. since you're not, though, nevermind!

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    chu is subscribed to /r/atheism

• Options

All things considered, there's worse subreddits to subscribe to. i can forgive him if it's his only one.

• Options

i'm not! i don't really hate religion fervently. i think i have the same fairly tepid, mostly apathetic regard for religion that's possessed by most casual atheists. i just personally get annoyed when islam is excluded from the list of 'those big dumb religions which are sort of annoying' because like, people want to look tolerant and accommodating even though they hate on christianity. it feels very much like a 'watch me score liberal brownie points by standing up against the racist buttholes' sort of thing.

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    Islam isn't an organization like Catholicism and Scientology. It is more like a broad umbrella term like the term Christian.
    This is true, but Islamic countries (with the notable exception of Turkey) tend to be authoritarian, puritannical, and treat women like dog shit.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i see my friiiiiiiiiiends
    kicking in the front seat
    sitting in the back seat
    gotta make my mind up
    which seat do i taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    HAYSTACK MOUNTAIN CHÈVRE

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    my attitude toward religion has settled into a sort of casual contempt

beliefs are silly!

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    People who get all hand wringing about Islam are the worst, I got your back Chu.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2012

i'm not! i don't really hate religion fervently. i think i have the same fairly tepid, mostly apathetic regard for religion that's possessed by most casual atheists. i just personally get annoyed when islam is excluded from the list of 'those big dumb religions which are sort of annoying' because like, people want to look tolerant and accommodating even though they hate on christianity. it feels very much like a 'watch me score liberal brownie points by standing up against the racist buttholes' sort of thing.

I feel like you're perceiving an argument which doesn't exist.

I mean, to some extent, people don't rag on Islam because of the very real danger its fucking crazy adherents will actively try and murder you. It's just, the solution to this problem, is to try and get the not-completely-fucking-crazy group to exclude those fuckers and cut their support network. Which precludes constantly telling them their religion is wrong.

And at the same time, we have the very real issue that most people who've got a hard-hate on for Islam certainly don't look at atheists or non-christians any more favorably, and would be more then happy to have us removed from the public sphere of things which exist by means they don't really want to think about.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    As a smug liberal, I condescend to all monotheisms equally

• Options

Even the supposedly "moderate" islamic countries like Indonesia are hellholes of anti-gay repression so the religion can suck all my dicks.

• Options
    Thanatos wrote: »
    This is true, but Islamic countries (with the notable exception of Turkey) tend to be authoritarian, puritannical, and treat women like dog shit.

isn't the authoritarian, puritanical streak a recent-ish development in some of the islamic countries, though? i seem to recal Some of them, like Afghanistan and Iran as being pretty okay in the 80s, i think?

I might be wrong, though.

• Options

I feel like you're perceiving an argument which doesn't exist.

I mean, to some extent, people don't rag on Islam because of the very real danger its fucking crazy adherents will actively try and murder you. It's just, the solution to this problem, is to try and get the not-completely-fucking-crazy group to exclude those fuckers and cut their support network. Which precludes constantly telling them their religion is wrong.

And at the same time, we have the very real issue that most people who've got a hard-hate on for Islam certainly don't look at atheists or non-christians any more favorably, and would be more then happy to have us removed from the public sphere of things which exist by means they don't really want to think about.

the argument definitely exists- i've witnessed it explicated multiple times. but i concede that i misread the situation here in chat and that's not what 21st was doing.

that said, make me a list of racist evangelical christians and i will poop on them all in front of you. for a modest fee.

This discussion has been closed.