As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need help making a mundane costume epic enough to place in a contest--professor plum

QuirkyQueueQuirkyQueue Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
So my group at work has decided we will be doing the Game of Clue for our contest [our group costume and our office area] and I've been volunteered to be professor plum. I can be a female or male version but my character is Professor Plum. I don't have any directives really for the character. We will also have a best group contest and best personal contest. I'm not sure our Clue idea will win group contest so I'd really love to at least place in the personal. I LOVE Halloween but the idea of dressing up for , what seems to be, a boring character isn't my cup of tea but I'm hoping you guys can give me some advice on how to make it better.

My bf said that it isn't possible so I understand if you guys can't come up with any ideas. But if you can help me then you'd be making my day (and year in a way because I always look forward to this holiday)

So ANY ideas?

Also if you have any ideas for the making the game of Clue cool that'd be awesome.

QuirkyQueue on

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Purple suit, hide a candlestick behind your back the entire time nonchalantly puffing on a pipe

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Professor plum, with a huge wrench covered in blood? Like a post murder thing.

The characters themselves are archetypes remember, your best bet it to get ridiculous with the professor part.

Huge monocle spirit gummed on. Overly long pipe that sort of thing.

A crushed purple velvet suit with a cravat would suit it well.

Blake T on
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    aim for this?
    ProfPlum63.jpg

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Christopher Lloyd played Professor Plum in the movie Clue, that's what I think of anymore when I think of Clue. This guy

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Yeah, if you can watch Clue, do it.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    its up on Netflix Instant Streaming right now actually

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Dunno if you can pull it off, but why not go as Christopher lloyd, AS professor plum.

Double jokes like that win contests.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    i would try to go as an actual piece of fruit that was a professor

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    You could take the costume a step further by carrying around a backdrop that makes you look like a playing card.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »

I like this idea. Especially if everyone else does something similar (Col. Mustard could be a bottle of mustard in a military uniform, Ms. White could... I dunno, be a crayon...).

I'll also second watching the movie, because it's awesome.

• Options
    BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    mts wrote: »

I like this idea. Especially if everyone else does something similar (Col. Mustard could be a bottle of mustard in a military uniform, Ms. White could... I dunno, be a crayon...).

I'll also second watching the movie, because it's awesome.

Mrs White could be a southern belle.

Alternately, a purple corduroy suit with sleeve patches would be fantastic, as would purple morning dress 0r morning suit) if you don't mind being mistaken for the Joker.

• Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    a monocle actually works better on col.mustard.

for plum: a pipe is essential, as is a bow tie. circle glasses or small reading glasses, an old tweed jacket with elbow patches (in purple if you can find it), and a purple vest.

i second the idea of carrying props, and it would be something cool for the whole group to do... each pick a prop (candlestick, knife, rope, wrench, revolver, lead pipe), and maybe even pass them between each other throughout the party..

my definitive version of the character is from the VHS play along clue board game: http://webzoom.freewebs.com/moviemanpa/plumvcr.jpg

• Options
    BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    psolms wrote: »
    a monocle actually works better on col.mustard.

for plum: a pipe is essential, as is a bow tie. circle glasses or small reading glasses, an old tweed jacket with elbow patches (in purple if you can find it), and a purple vest.

i second the idea of carrying props, and it would be something cool for the whole group to do... each pick a prop (candlestick, knife, rope, wrench, revolver, lead pipe), and maybe even pass them between each other throughout the party..

my definitive version of the character is from the VHS play along clue board game: http://webzoom.freewebs.com/moviemanpa/plumvcr.jpg

Mustard wears a pince-nez:
    Colonel-Teddy-Roosevelt-rough-riders.jpg

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Might be funnier to have every single weapon on your person. just make sure and look innocent!

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum