We have a new update on The Future of the Penny Arcade Forums.

[Mass Effect] Operation: GO TO THE NEW THREAD

• DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Felt like it but i wouldn't be surprised if they have them all planned out now and did batch recording for a few ahead of time.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Downloadable_Content

Checking the release dates for me2 and it looks like there was some piece piece of dlc released at least every month up to lair of the shadow broker in September of that year and then nothing till February and arrival in march (genesis in may) there's a few months gap between major story pieces filled in by weapon and armour packs.

Zaeed on release, Firewalker in March, Kasumi in April, Overlord in June, Shadow Broker in September and Arrival in March.

With 3 I suspect the EC messed up the release timing but we've still had a piece of dlc every month. (with the sole exception of nothing in September.)

SP Ashes in March, EC in June, Leviathan in August, Omega in November... with weapon packs and MP content filling out the other months... and the mention of 6 months worth of DLC coming back in October takes up to March/April so i guess its a similar support pattern.

Deaderinred on
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I don't want a prequel because we know it will largely be inconsequential to the metaplot. While playing through Anderson/Saren or the First Contact War could be fun, it will feel incredibly narrow in scope because we know the state of the galaxy after those events. Side story or sequel only for me.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    So Mark Meer is currently recording voice.

Another fine day in the booth with @PJMcChocolate and @myownfairytale ! #masseffect #ME3DLC

must be pretty far along with the next piece of dlc, might even seen it before december. (it might even be for the one after the dlc after omega...)

Damn, they sure are making them fast these days. Wasn't there more of a gap in between ME2 DLC?

Mmm.... not as I remember. I think by now we'd had Kasumi and Overlord, and they threw fewer resources at DLC back then.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    awww shit

Either they must have gotten ahold of the password files and are cracking 'em, or Origin doesn't have reasonable lockout times for failed login attempts.

I'm hoping it's the latter...

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Well, at least changing your password is easy.

Here's hoping I remember the new one I guess.

dN0T6ur.png
  • TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    I want a game set in the ME universe, but that has nothing to do with the first trilogy. Either put it much farther down the timeline, or if they're going non-human, put it before the First Contact War.

PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/14926976&lf=8

"We have commented and responded about the Geth several times. Myself and Eric both responded about them in multiple threads when Retaliation and Patch 4 came out. We're aware of concerns about the Geth and they are under review, however the patching process means nothing is an easy fix. We have plans for the Geth, and when we can reveal them, we will, but the fact that there isn't currently a post on the front page with one of our responses doesn't mean we're not acknowledging them."

So at least there still is the possibility of another Patch. Or they are just considering a patch approach to the geth problem, but might be forced to fix them with weekly balance changes if they don't have enough resources for another patch.

Edit:

Something very interesting:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/14927834

"The mods which are supposed to add weight do not apply their cooldown penalties to non-DLC weapons. They are intended to add 50 points of weight each to lengthen your cooldowns, but currently only do so to weapons which were originally produced as DLC.

I don't have video evidence, but you can easily confirm this yourself. Equip an appropriate weapon without mods and take note of a cooldown listed on the powers menu. This is the effective value. Then, equip one or two of the mods in question on the same weapon and take note of the adjusted cooldown. This is the purported cooldown. Fire up a game with a stopwatch in hand and time your recharge rate. You will receive the effective, not purported, value.

List of DLC weapons for which these mods work as intended:

ARs:
    Striker
    Harrier
    PPR
    Typhoon

SRs:
    Kishock
    Krysae
    CSR

SGs:
    Reegar
    Piranha

Pistols:
    Acolyte

For all other weapons, the cooldown penalties are not applied. This includes the promotional weapons. The applications of this are obvious and the glitch can be very convenient for some power-heavy builds."

Blackbird SR-71C on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    i want mass elite style trading and flying around in 3d with FTL style galaxy map ship combat and me3 combat with me1/2 on foot exploration.

shit i want someone to mod that into the current trilogy too.

Deaderinred on
  • Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    I'm all for a side-story or a story with a different scope. Anything from Citadel Noir to Escape from Parnack would be fine with me.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Just to catch up on the last page, my favorite parts of Jade Empire. Beware, one MASSIVE spoiler inside.
    Black Whirlwind and Henpecked Ho were great companions, even if the others were a little lackluster.
    Bioware's first and only three-way romance outcome.
    John Cleese as Sir Roderick Ponce von Fontlebottom the Magnificent Bastard.
    Your master betraying wasn't too big of a surprise. That he then KILLED you was a great twist.

Yes, the mechanics weren't very well developed and could definitely use some refining. But ME1's cover shooting was pretty lame as well, and they've managed to develop that very nicely into what we have now in ME3, where people find the multiplayer one of the best parts of the game. A Jade Empire 2 on a next gen system with a good combat system would be excellent, though the chances are very low it'll ever happen.

MetalMagus on
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    I joined a game in progress the other day, thessia, geth. just has the last squad member flatlined. i quickly checked and it was platinum.

i went full rambo, using rockets and consumables when i need to survive to the next round, n7 shadow ninja'ing all the place. because these brave souls must be good if they are doing platinum!

i finally manage it and take out the last geth prime. but then that's when i saw the words "wave 2" pop up. 5 seconds later everyone wiped.

i wasted all that for nothing.

Let that be a lesson to you then! If I get dropped into a match and I see people are already down, I fight as hard as I can, but I don't waste my consumables.

I concur with this. Unless you get in and get past a money stage or two I would not blow consumables in a game you get dropped in while in progress especially not until you get a chance to look at what wave you are on. I fight hard but I am so low on consumables I have to prioritize and often that guy you replaced left for a good reason.

(just in case it's worth a spoiler)
    Sir Roderick Ponce von Fontlebottom was THE BEST

• Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Regarding Jade Empire; the whole Closed Fist/Open Palm was interesting, but so badly applied.

Spoilers for quest Yifong and Fuyao
    This quest had the opportunity for an actual Closed Fist point in the game: you give a slave the opportunity to fight her slaver, thereby letting her prove that she is worthy of her freedom. That's exactly the Closed Fist philosophy, but picking this option means you can't get the Viper Closed Fist Technique. You only get that one if you support the slaver.

Other from that, interesting game, needed more polish, but I would buy Jade Empire II if it came out.

(As for non-standard RPG-settings: I want Bioware to make a Weird West game one day.)

Back to Mass Effect:

I lost connection to a game (or host actually did leave himself) in the exact last second of an extraction last night (clock hit zero and everything froze). Probably I was the only one that lost it, because the wave restarted with just me. I hope that the poor people that joined that match a minute later didn't waste any consumables for little XP and no money.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Geth problem?

Geth are fine now. Hell...all I wanted was a Hunter/Prime nerf.

Geth aren't fine.

Geth were hated for their stunlock before the Patch.

Then came the patch and gave the defense drone the ability to stun.

It also included the Geth Bomber. And since Geth didn't have enough stunning abilities already, the Bomber needed one too.

steam_sig.png

And yet when I want to solo, Geth are my go-to enemy...

Cerberus is the easiest enemy to solo, hands down. Reapers would be if it weren't for random instakills. Then come Collectors. And then come Geth.

steam_sig.png

Geth aren't fine.

Geth were hated for their stunlock before the Patch.

Then came the patch and gave the defense drone the ability to stun.

It also included the Geth Bomber. And since Geth didn't have enough stunning abilities already, the Bomber needed one too.

I don't know why, but this made me laugh a lot.

Bravo sir.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Cerberus is the easiest enemy to solo, hands down. Reapers would be if it weren't for random instakills. Then come Collectors. And then come Geth.

It's almost as though you guys have different strengths, weaknesses and even preferences when it comes to playstyle... if only there were some way for both of you to be right... guess you two are just going to have to fight to the death.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    edited November 2012

It's almost as though you guys have different strengths, weaknesses and even preferences when it comes to playstyle... if only there were some way for both of you to be right...

NO WAY

Orca on
    You have to catch a greased up Elcor.

Don't worry about the camera I set up, ok?

It's not for Fornax at all...

steam_sig.png

• BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    This is the Mass Effect thread. It's all for Fornax.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

Orca wrote: »

It's almost as though you guys have different strengths, weaknesses and even preferences when it comes to playstyle... if only there were some way for both of you to be right...

NO WAY

HAHA! HE'S DEAD!

steam_sig.png

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    no patch really needed for geth, just turn off geth bomber shock, and that's the end of that chapter.

• TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    I'd still rather fight geth than collectors

PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • Ides of MarchIdes of March Registered User regular
    You have to catch a greased up Elcor.

That had better be in the beach party DLC. Elcor probably go through bottles of sunblock by the case.

• ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Balance changes are out. They did pretty much nothing. Class release sucks too.

Nov 14, 2012

New hazard maps available this week are Firebase Glacier and Firebase Ghost

Vorcha Hunter Engineer kit now available as a new Rare card

XP and Score Rewards (applies to points earned for Challenges)
    - XP/Score bonus on Gold difficulty increased from 40% to 60%
    - XP/Score bonus on Platinum difficulty increased from 60% to 100%

Shield Gate
    - Cooldown between getting shield gates decreased from 4 to 3 seconds, meaning you have to wait
    less time before you get your shield gate back.

Objectives
    - Decreased the chance that enemies will spawn close to annex objectives

Challenges
    - Fixed an issue causing the Turian Soldier challenge to give too many notifications

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99

Nov 14, 2012

Shield Gate
    - Cooldown between getting shield gates decreased from 4 to 3 seconds, meaning you have to wait

Objectives

Challenges
    - Fixed an issue causing the Turian Soldier challenge to give too many notifications

How utterly disappointing.

steam_sig.png

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    "Decreased the chance that enemies will spawn close to annex objectives" sounds pretty important.

s7Imn5J.png
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    On the other hand, Hanar Hat:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/feed-dump/6517-Bigfeets

Skip to 4:55.

This one wants, nay, needs that hat.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Great, now ME3 is failing to find any games to connect to. Even when I set it to any/any/any challenge, it still just sits there

Uuuuugh

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Ugh, Origin hack is annoying. Isn't this like the third time recently that this has happened?
    More annoying is that I can't even confirm if I got hit since I forgot my password, due to not logging in to Origin like ever.

• MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular

Nov 14, 2012

Shield Gate

Objectives

Challenges

Welcome to the new normal. I'd expect very small amounts of balance changes from here on out, barring any new major patches and updates. I'd be more worried if they were still putting out a dozen+ changes every week because that'd be a sign that they really aren't sure about what they're doing and are just trying different shit every week to see what works.

• ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Yeah Im fine with minor changes, but the class release schedule is very irksome.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I dunno, more Vorcha Engineer is more Vorcha, and that's never bad. I was kinda hoping that they'd have some sort of flame-based Combat Drone, though.

So

Vorcha Engineer

His submission net has the same stats as the Batarian Sentinels Submission net

before the patch

Glad they had an extra day to make sure there are no bugs with the character

But hey, at least they've gone 8 characters without bugs so fa- oh right....

steam_sig.png

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    MetalMagus wrote: »

Nov 14, 2012

Shield Gate

Objectives

Challenges

Welcome to the new normal. I'd expect very small amounts of balance changes from here on out, barring any new major patches and updates. I'd be more worried if they were still putting out a dozen+ changes every week because that'd be a sign that they really aren't sure about what they're doing and are just trying different shit every week to see what works.

Pretty much. I'm guessing that game is more or less where they want it to be. Still a few changes to be made but I doubt anything too major.

I mean I can see a few weapon buffs here and there but excluding the release of a new DLC pack or patch I'm thinking that the days of big changes are probably dwindling down and soon we might stop seeing them altogether.

Dragkonias on
This discussion has been closed.