As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Harvest Moon: Truly A New Beginning [3DS]

Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
edited October 2012 in Games and Technology
Anyone remember waiting for news of a localization of the latest and "greatest" game in the HM series only for that game to be delayed six times and up to 18 months for no real reason at all? Sure Natsume has gotten better about it (Every single game between A Wonderful Life and HM DS was delayed at least once while the most recent DS games have come out roughly when promised) but with this title, the first built from the ground up on the 3DS they did something amazing. They announced it for one date.

and then moved it up. It now has a soft release in North America starting next week!
1. Did the release date change?
Yes. Harvest Moon: A New Beginning now has a soft release date. That means the game has started shipping to all retail outlets that will carry it. Depending on the retail chain and how quick they are, you should start seeing on store shelves as early as next week (10/22 -10/26).
For our Canadian fans…the game has shipped up north as well, but it might take just a little more time to hit the shelves.

2. Can I still get a COW or YAK from the Natsume Online Store?
Orders for the Anniversary Edition (Premium Plush Cow) remain unchanged and will stay open until 12:00pm PST (that's Noon) on October 23rd, at which point they will disappear. The bundle of the Plush Yak and Harvest Moon: A New Beginning will be staying on the site with no determined end date at this time.

3. Did MY pre-order ship today?
ONLY customers who receive a tracking number by email have a confirmed order shipping. We received so many pre-orders, it's going to take us 4-5 business days to package and ship everything out.

4. I ordered my copy from the Natsume Online Store before that other person, but they got their order first! No Fair!
Here's a loose order of how shipping is handled:
a) The Anniversary Edition (Premium Plush Cow) will start shipping on Friday (10/19) based on the date it was ordered.
b) The Yak and HM ANB will start shipping on Tuesday (10/23) based on the date it was ordered…someone left the barn doors open and we have to spend the next couple of days rounding them up.
c) If you ordered both (Yak & Cow), your order will ship on Tuesday (10/23)

5. I pre-ordered from GameStop or Amazon, when do I get my game?
Each retailer is responsible for shipping their own orders; fans who pre-ordered from other companies should hopefully start seeing their games late next week or early next (10/29 – 11/2) depending on the shipping method.

6. My question wasn't answered!
Leave us a comment below and we'll try to answer as quickly as possible

Now this game is special for many reasons. It's got fully customizable characters, you can move buildings around to streamline the town, it's got a ton of festivals and plenty of other activities to get you going. It's also been the best received title in Japan in a long ass time and the second best selling game in the series proper. Preorders on Natsume's official site has been off the charts.

tumblr_m0wkw67jd41qk2dne.jpg

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
Xenogears of Bore on

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Oh God... My spare time.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    HOLY CRAP BEST NEWS ALL DAY

If this game sucks I will riot all over Japan I swear

• Options
    A lot of people said that Two Towns was a step in the right direction and they were right. Some of the same people say that this is first really good game since the fixed up version of HM DS while others say it's more or less the best game since HM64/Back to Nature/FoMT.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Damn you XoB. Damn you to hell.

• Options
    A lot of people said that Two Towns was a step in the right direction and they were right. Some of the same people say that this is first really good game since the fixed up version of HM DS while others say it's more or less the best game since HM64/Back to Nature/FoMT.

That doesn't bode well. I thought Two Towns was pretty boring. I didn't even make if halfway through the first spring.

• Options
    I'm so happy. This is the game I'll play waiting in line for the Wii U assuming I can drag myself away from Pokémon/Code of Princess long enough.

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Whew, just pre-ordered the Cow bundle. I completely forgot about this game!

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I don't even own a 3DS yet and I'm preordering this.

Dat cow.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dat cow is going to my adorable nephew the next time I see him. He's not much bigger than it!

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    oh hell. I forgot this was coming out.

but... I dont know if my free time can stand Pokemon AND Harvest Moon at the same time.

• Options
    My order is shipping!

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It keeps failing to authorize payments.

I used my paypal account, which has 65 bucks on it, and it still fails. I dunno.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    So anyone know the Australia release date? I need my my HM fix and tale of two towns wasn't it.

• Options
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

I used my paypal account, which has 65 bucks on it, and it still fails. I dunno.

Apparently there has been some issue with paypal, there have been a bunch of people on the official forum saying just that.

This is the first time I've ever followed a ground package from so far away with such anticipation. Pretty much everything else I get ground shipping on comes from Amazon or Newegg. I have no idea where Amazon's closest distribution hub is (it's damn close because I've gotten plenty of things same day/next day on free shipping) and Newegg (Which is Jersey and I always get 2/3 days on free shipping, usually because UPS can't decide which station to deliver out of and always ends up circling around my location.)

Still, can't complain about getting a game at the worst two weeks early!

• Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I just bought A Wonderful Life on PSN. JUST BOUGHT IT. NOW THIS! Damn you, Natsume.... Might have to get this.

EDIT: Come to think of it, isn't Rune Factory 4 slated for this year as well!? FFFFFFFFFFff

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    It's out in Japan but hasn't officially been picked up yet.
    I'll eat a stuffed cow if it doesn't come out in 2013 in NA though.

• Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    I was going to pick it up from Gamestop on Nov 6 but if I order it from Natsume I will probably get it on Oct 25/26. Only getting the Yak bundle. He can hang out with my DQ9 Slime.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    Gamestop will sell it whenever they get it in so you could see if you could preorder your yak from them. If you're anywhere near CA though you'll probably get it faster from Natsume.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    What's so addicting about the Harvest Moon games by the way? I've never bit on one.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    That's like asking what's so addicting about crystal meth. It just is, okay? And you'd best keep your hands off my stash.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Really?

As good as Harvest Moon 64? Oh, damn you all! Damn you all to Hell! I was free! I was free for twelve years!

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Can't wait! I didn't like A Wonderful Life, and before that I'd only played the SNES game.

• Options
    Hocky27Hocky27 Registered User regular
    Why can't they release a HM game for PS3 or 360 !? I don't want to have to buy a hand held to get my fix. This reminds me I should go back to my BTN save file and finish off the hellish fall season where I let my girlfriend decide that I should plant 6 crops of both Sweet Potatoes and Eggplants.

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    That doesn't happen because they're generally pretty low budget games. PS3/360 releases are more expensive.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    There's a few for the wii..

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Rune Factory isn't too far off of HM, and one was released for PS3.

I thought it was pretty highly regarded but for some reason it has a 55 Metacritic average.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Oceans/Tides of Destiny, the Rune Factory game on the PS3/Wii, is the worst game in the RF series by a metric mile.

The games have a proven track record of selling better on Nintendo systems and the two best selling games have been on the DS and the 3DS.

• Options
    Rune Factory Frontier would have been soul-devouring if it hadn't been for the Runey system. As it was, I was able to put it down after 80 hours.

Which was sometime in the first Fall.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    I've pretty much solely been waiting on picking up a 3DS for this game, Rune Factory 4 and Animal Crossing.

This makes the wait very, very painful.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

Apparently there has been some issue with paypal, there have been a bunch of people on the official forum saying just that.
    Doesn't explain why my debit card is giving me the same error.

I'll again Monday, I guess.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Seems like I can't preorder off of Natsume's site, being Canadian, in spite on Ontario being listed under the states.

Guess I'll need to preorder through EBGames. Shame. I wanted that cow.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    So when is the PAL release? I can just tell that RF4 won't be getting one :(

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Rune Factory Frontier would have been soul-devouring if it hadn't been for the Runey system. As it was, I was able to put it down after 80 hours.

Which was sometime in the first Fall.
    This is pretty much identical to my experience with it. And I haven't played a Rune Factory or Harvest Moon game since then, so I'm overdue for one. It used to be that I'd buy like every second or third game (the last one before Rune Factory: Frontier was Magical Melody, which I thought was pretty good).

I probably won't grab this new one sight-unseen, since quality tends to be kind of inconsistent across the series, but I'll definitely keep my eye on it.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Oceans/Tides of Destiny, the Rune Factory game on the PS3/Wii, is the worst game in the RF series by a metric mile.

Just for the record, this is crazy talk. Because it's awesome. Simply omitting that FUCKING Runey system improved the game by 1000%.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Not having Runeys is the only plus I can think of. The robot is boring, the combat is stiff, it actually has worse graphics then Frontier. the whole titan system was poorly thought out.

My normal order is RF3>RF1>RFF>RF2>RF:Tides of crap.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Wow, really? The robot was weird, I'll give you that. Combat didn't feel a lick different to me and I could actually use magic in RF4. Graphic wise the PS3 was leaps and bounds ahead of the Wii so I seriously can't see how you can say that unless you just didn't like the art style which is understandable but it seemed pretty much the same as RFF.

RF3 was the pile of shit as far as I'm concerned. It's great fun until the first summer and the earthquakes start and then the game is unplayable.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    I'm kind of sad now that I didn't get the faster shipping.

Bitch is spending a whole week in transit.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Wow, really? The robot was weird, I'll give you that. Combat didn't feel a lick different to me and I could actually use magic in RF4. Graphic wise the PS3 was leaps and bounds ahead of the Wii so I seriously can't see how you can say that unless you just didn't like the art style which is understandable but it seemed pretty much the same as RFF.

RF3 was the pile of shit as far as I'm concerned. It's great fun until the first summer and the earthquakes start and then the game is unplayable.

Wasn't the earthquakes in RF2? RF3 was the one with the monster village.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Wasn't the earthquakes in RF2? RF3 was the one with the monster village.

Sorry, not earthquakes, hurricanes. It's been a while since I touched the game.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Argh this is coming out on Assassin's Creed day? Don't they know I'm already buying 2 AC games next week?