As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]Rysk is making the next thread. May the game continue to grow and evolve.

145791098

Posts

  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Ugh, more guardian nerfs (in PVP). And they've split skills to PVE vs PVP. Question is, does WvW count as PVE or PVP?

    Also they boosted mesmer scepter speed but not guardian scepter speed?

    Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    oh if the permanent skins come from black lion chests then there isn't really a way for me to get them quickly

    darn it

  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Dracil wrote: »
    Dracil wrote: »
    Ugh, more guardian nerfs (in PVP). And they've split skills to PVE vs PVP. Question is, does WvW count as PVE or PVP?

    Also they boosted mesmer scepter speed but not guardian scepter speed?
    Mind xposting the patch notes? I'd like to read them so I can bitch about more guardian nerfs

  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I wonder what the chance is from the BLC's

    I opened 20 of them and no dice, and with the amount of gold that cost I'd proooobably have been better off just buying one on the tp

    override367 on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Dracil wrote: »
    And they've split skills to PVE vs PVP.

    D: Already?

    Man, that was one change I didn't like in the original GW. And even then, they only did it when skill bloat got so excessive they really needed to do it.

  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    1800 gems on keys with nothing to show for it...I need an intervention.

    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Still waiting on Dan "Man of his Word" Ryckert to eat a hat
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Claw ShrimpClaw Shrimp Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Dracil wrote: »
    Dracil wrote: »
    Ugh, more guardian nerfs (in PVP). And they've split skills to PVE vs PVP. Question is, does WvW count as PVE or PVP?

    Also they boosted mesmer scepter speed but not guardian scepter speed?
    Mind xposting the patch notes? I'd like to read them so I can bitch about more guardian nerfs

    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Update-Notes-October-22-2012
    PROFESSION
    Reduced fear’s maximum stacks to 5 to prevent excessively long periods of time where players don’t have control of their character.
    Updated the stability boon to stack duration up to 3 times.
    Elementalist
    Air Pocket: This skill no longer allows players to shadowstep out of water.
    Cone of Cold: The healing gained from the this skill’s heal attribute has been increased from 480 to 780 at max level.
    Earthquake: The responsiveness of skills used after this skill has been improved.
    Fire Grab: This skill has had its attack angle increased.
    Glyph of Renewal: This skill no longer resurrects dead allies; it only revives downed ones.
    Lightning Touch: This skill has had its attack angle increased.
    Magnetic Grasp: The responsiveness of skills used after this skill has been improved.
    Ring of Earth: This skill now applies cripple.
    Signets: All signets have been updated to function properly with the Earth Magic traits Written in Stone and Signet Mastery.
    Downed State Updates
    Discharge Lightning: This skill can now stack vulnerability up to 2 times.
    Grasping Earth: This skill has been moved to skill 3 and given a 10 second recharge. Damage has been increased by 50%, and it bleeds enemies on every pulse. This skill can now be interrupted by other skills.
    Vapor Form: This skill has been moved to skill 2, is instantly available upon being downed, and has a 20-second recharge.
    Guardian
    Leap of Faith: This skill’s functionality has been improved to make it more reliable.
    Line of Warding: This skill is no longer able to move friendly NPCs around.
    Protector’s Strike: This skill has had an exploit removed that caused it to block longer than intended.
    Renewed Focus: This skill may now be used on the move.
    “Save Yourselves!”: This skill has now been split between PvP and PvE. In PvE, players will notice no difference. In PvP, this skill’s boon duration has been changed to 5 seconds.
    Shield of Absorption: This skill no longer blocks some friendly NPC missiles.
    Symbol of Wrath: This skill’s attack has been improved by 10%.
    Virtue of Courage: This skill has been updated to not apply aegis each time the user bobs in and out of water.
    Thief
    Assassin’s Signet: This skill has been updated to grant 15% damage for 5 attacks rather than 50% damage for one attack.
    Basilisk Venom: This skill’s buff now applies for the appropriate duration of 30 seconds.
    Disabling Shot: This skill can now be fired continuously at targets behind the player without the ability jumping them back toward the target. This skill now also has a cost when firing at targets behind the player.
    Flanking Strike: This skill’s first attack is now unblockable.
    Ink Shot: This skill no longer allows players to shadowstep out of water.
    Nine-Tailed Strike: This skill has been fixed to properly provide the intended amount of initiative.
    Shadow Refuge: This skill’s stealth removal tripwire has been updated to properly match the skill’s effects.
    Whirling Axe: This skill has had evasion removed from the ability and has a missile-reflection effect applied to the whirl effect.
    Mesmer
    Arcane Thievery: This skill now appropriately removes the aegis boon rather than being blocked by it.
    Confusing Images: This skill has been updated to fire at its correct distance.
    Cry of Frustration: This skill’s tooltip now accurately shows that confusion it applies lasts for 3 seconds.
    Mirror of Anguish: This trait no longer functions on necromancers when they have Reaper’s Protection active.
    Phantasmal Warlock: This illusion’s recharge between attacks is now slightly longer.
    Phase Retreat: This skill should no longer teleport players into geometry or other places they shouldn’t be getting into.
    Scepter Skills: Projectile skills for the scepter have had their velocity increased by 33%.
    Engineer
    Elixir B: This skill’s toolbelt skill now accurately reflects only one boon being applied to allied targets.
    Mine Field: This skill’s recharge has been reduced to 20 seconds.
    Throw Mine: This skill is now unblockable when it detonates.
    Warrior
    Battle Standard: This skill no longer goes on full recharge if it’s interrupted while being activated.
    Brutal Shot: This skill can now stack vulnerability up to 2 times.
    Forceful Shot: This skill’s damage has been increased by about 70%, and its activation time has been increased.
    Stomp: The responsiveness of skills used after this skill has been improved.
    Tremor: This skill can now be activated while moving.
    Necromancer
    Corrupt Boon: This skill now properly removes aegis rather than being blocked by it.
    Fetid Ground: This downed skill now has a Dark combo field. Its visual effects have been updated to show its actual radius.
    Life Leech: This downed skill’s damage has been increased by 25%.
    Spectral Walk: Removing this skill from a skill slot while it’s active will now remove all benefits gained from activating the ability.
    Spinal Shivers: This skill now properly removes aegis rather than being blocked by it.

    Claw Shrimp on
    steam_sig.png
  • BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Awesome, thanks

  • CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    They fixed Toss Elixir B's tooltip, but didn't fix the fact the Might buff it gives lasts 10s instead of 30s.

    /sigh

    They also forgot to fix the 3-piece bonus on Rune of the Pack so it gives Power instead of Healing Power... They also didn't fix the fact that the 4p goes off when you are hit instead of when you attack.

    CripTonic on
    0liDg.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    well spent all my gems, then more gold, then more gems. it's too addicting.

    I got the rifle skin and a shoulder skin. The rifle looked pretty stupid in preview. It was a gnarled green branch with a pumpkin on top.

    also the chest skin for the shield looks awesome. That's the only one i've seen so far in game. The effect is super cool on it.

    initiatefailure on
  • CondimentsCondiments Registered User regular
    Cyrenic wrote: »
    They just buffed the crap out of dagger ele's.

    Can only talk about what I've experienced in my matches tonight, but I definitely 'felt' the buffs from this patch on my dagger elementalist. I was wading through battles, and surviving coordinated burst attempts. The "range" for fire grab seems much easier to land, and the cripple on ring of earth makes kiting melee even easier. So it was fun to play lets say.

  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Missing fun stuff. PC malfunctions suck. I should be back in a few days hopefully. :(

    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Wow, this update is huge.

  • BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Think I opened up about 13 or so chests. NOTHIN.
    And yet I want to open more..

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    It's good how they're focusing on fixing major issues with ele skills hitting but is it so much to ask to just clarify how much vigor Phoenix is supposed to give you?

  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • charrbroiledcharrbroiled 'dis guy Registered User regular
    Jeez, when did they roll the Halloween update out? I was on until like 11 EST and said, "Screw it" before heading to bed.

    4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png
    Guild Wars 2: Tyreh, asura Warrior
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    They nerf away one of the cornerstones of my build.

    Anet you better watch that stuff; I swear to god I will go full on panic GS glass cannon again. I will leave a wake of death behind me right up to where I keel over 2 seconds later.

    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I want to see the chain sword! And the shoulderpads! SHOW MEEEEEEE!

  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    via reddit-

    Someone found a new little area guarded by level 80 champions (level 24 area)... but they snuck around and its a dungeon entrance....
    its at Vandal's Claim (Brisban Wildlands)

    http://imgur.com/a/0IG0p

    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    They nerf away one of the cornerstones of my build.

    Anet you better watch that stuff; I swear to god I will go full on panic GS glass cannon again. I will leave a wake of death behind me right up to where I keel over 2 seconds later.

    You could always swap to bunker guardian build. It doesn't support the team as much, but its stupid hard to kill without 3 other people. Its like the guardian version of my warrior build.
    It would require not armor/jewelery change at all. Weapons, its mace/shield + hammer or staff. There is some variation.

    Personally the "nerf" was needed. Having like every buff in the game all at once, and a stun breaker on one button... it was a bit much.

    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    They nerf away one of the cornerstones of my build.

    Anet you better watch that stuff; I swear to god I will go full on panic GS glass cannon again. I will leave a wake of death behind me right up to where I keel over 2 seconds later.

    You could always swap to bunker guardian build. It doesn't support the team as much, but its stupid hard to kill without 3 other people. Its like the guardian version of my warrior build.
    It would require not armor/jewelery change at all. Weapons, its mace/shield + hammer or staff. There is some variation.

    Personally the "nerf" was needed. Having like every buff in the game all at once, and a stun breaker on one button... it was a bit much.

    Naw... was digging the support stuff. Bunker is not me.

    Its only one button, it will most likely be ok. Ill take it to the WuvWuv labs tonight, probably ok.

    So tarnished coast. Wow. I do love the fact that our server will win the initial friday night and then get dunked promptly after.

    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • EnderEnder Registered User regular
    In case people didn't notice, BL keys drop from either Halloween mobs, or in TnT bags.

    Pretty sure it was one of the 112309847130928 door mobs I killed last night, but it could have been from a bag.

  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Oh god, there's a halloween mini-pet sale for 500 gems??? I only have 220...need to farm enough gold to buy the rest!

    Also, my mesmer scepter attacks go faster now? Awesome considering I'm a scepter mesmer!

    What a great patch, I can't wait to go home tonight and play.

  • Basren DragonsnackBasren Dragonsnack Registered User regular
    Hurray for Elementalist downed state changes!!

    PSN: Scotty85
    Stork
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Ender wrote: »
    In case people didn't notice, BL keys drop from either Halloween mobs, or in TnT bags.

    Pretty sure it was one of the 112309847130928 door mobs I killed last night, but it could have been from a bag.

    Good, because it looks like they stopped dropping from BL chests for the time being, or at least I didn't get any from the 10 I opened, which is a huge deviation from my previous experience. Usually I'd open 3 or 4 in a row from 1 key.

  • GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    via reddit-

    Someone found a new little area guarded by level 80 champions (level 24 area)... but they snuck around and its a dungeon entrance....
    its at Vandal's Claim (Brisban Wildlands)

    http://imgur.com/a/0IG0p

    That isn't new, it's been there. There's always been a portal inside, but it's just never worked. Does it work now? You always had to glitch around to even get inside the area.

  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    So tarnished coast. Wow. I do love the fact that our server will win the initial friday night and then get dunked promptly after.

    Heh, ya. I've had a total blast on Maguuma for the last two days.... two days of a 50+ person TC zerg circling the map in our matchup was enough boredom for me. The lower tier I moved to, very even fights, no server is steamrolling. Not having to deal with Derv is also a bonus. And holy crap the friendly teamwork on there... its just crazy.

    Lower tier WvW is where its at. The higher you go, the more its just about stacking timezones with Player VS Door groups. No thanks.



    So ya, we should do more all NICE sPVP. Was very enjoyable even when a few tarded bunker built non-NICE people joined. I really hope they add a mode that doesn't involve standing in a circle with knockbacks.
    I'm always down to hop on an empty sPVP server with a full house of NICE though.

    Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    HALLOWEEN SKINS - http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/11xgp8/halloween_skins_compilation/

    So, I guess i don't really want any of these? I thought chainsword was going to be a sword with chains... not another chainsaw.

    OH WELL, I guess I can just sell all my phat loots later!

    EDIT: The karma reward for achievements is a 4500 karma item that IS affected by karma boost. ERMERGERD. And you get 10 for the monthly. ERMERGERD SOME MORE.

    DemonStacey on
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    ^ And those skins are temporary by default. I've seen some info on making them permanent, and its some crazy legendary type process... well not that huge, but more like volcanus or other stuff.

    Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    I'm fairly interested in sPvP but I worry that trying to learn it in pick-up groups is going to erode my will to live.

    _
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    ^ And those skins are temporary by default. I've seen some info on making them permanent, and its some crazy legendary type process... well not that huge, but more like volcanus or other stuff.

    Not all of them. Thats just the previewable ones. The GS, Sword, one of the shields, dagger, rifle? and one other are from BLC and they are permanent. The shoulders are also from BLC and also permanent.

  • EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    The three minis are adorable. Also you can apparently chuck them into the Mystic Forge with some amount of candy corn to form a rare special mini, Chainsaw the skeleton. He's like the skeleton mini, but neon green, with two chainsaw swords.

    The craftable halloween skins are all quite pricy, requiring like 20 ecots, 200 orichalcum ingots, 100 cores, etc. There are only three, and they correspond to the rentable ones (a shield, a staff, and a shortbow). On the bright side, none of them require halloween specific materials, so they'll be able to be made throughout the year semi-easily.

    The best advice I've seen is that if you're really keen on a particular weapon skin or shoulder skin that you'd get from the Black Lion Chest, it's likely cheaper to purchase gems, convert them to gold at the current crazy good rate, and just straight up buy the skin you want. Black Lion Chests are a massive gamble, and in fine guild wars tradition, rare drops are super crazy rare.

    Also the scavenger hunt that starts in Lion's Arch rewards you with a back slot item that is a book, and shows up when you wear it. I'd hold off transmuting it though, as the implication is that it will be upgraded for every 'act' we complete. I assume the next one is coming in a few days, as noone has found what the text is referencing on the book item.

    Entriech on
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    For the craftable ones, what is the "halloween" resource needed for the recipes?

    DemonStacey on
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    hlprmnky wrote: »
    I'm fairly interested in sPvP but I worry that trying to learn it in pick-up groups is going to erode my will to live.

    If we can get a lot more people to do it from NICE on empty servers it will be fun and nothing like the random pug servers with bunker builds, 100b warrior, and thieves.

    I tried in the past to have people join a sPVP server, but didn't get a huge response. So I'll try again, now that we have done the guild kicks it might turn out better.

    Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Must have greatsaw chainsword. MUST.

  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    .
    Badwrong wrote: »
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    So tarnished coast. Wow. I do love the fact that our server will win the initial friday night and then get dunked promptly after.

    Heh, ya. I've had a total blast on Maguuma for the last two days.... two days of a 50+ person TC zerg circling the map in our matchup was enough boredom for me. The lower tier I moved to, very even fights, no server is steamrolling. Not having to deal with Derv is also a bonus. And holy crap the friendly teamwork on there... its just crazy.

    Lower tier WvW is where its at. The higher you go, the more its just about stacking timezones with Player VS Door groups. No thanks.



    So ya, we should do more all NICE sPVP. Was very enjoyable even when a few tarded bunker built non-NICE people joined. I really hope they add a mode that doesn't involve standing in a circle with knockbacks.
    I'm always down to hop on an empty sPVP server with a full house of NICE though.
    Sorry one of those defensive builds was me on Sofia. It was the build i had when i entered the mists and i just jumped in the game without fiddling with anything. I wanted to test it for pve anyway. It was just a defensive Healy bomb build.
    But it was fun and we need to do it more often. I'll play another profession next time as glass canon.

    Also wasn't the sy Nerf spvp only? Shouldn't have effected wvw.

  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    So tarnished coast. Wow. I do love the fact that our server will win the initial friday night and then get dunked promptly after.

    Heh, ya. I've had a total blast on Maguuma for the last two days.... two days of a 50+ person TC zerg circling the map in our matchup was enough boredom for me. The lower tier I moved to, very even fights, no server is steamrolling. Not having to deal with Derv is also a bonus. And holy crap the friendly teamwork on there... its just crazy.

    Lower tier WvW is where its at. The higher you go, the more its just about stacking timezones with Player VS Door groups. No thanks.



    So ya, we should do more all NICE sPVP. Was very enjoyable even when a few tarded bunker built non-NICE people joined. I really hope they add a mode that doesn't involve standing in a circle with knockbacks.
    I'm always down to hop on an empty sPVP server with a full house of NICE though.

    You transfered? Just for kicks?

    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    HALLOWEEN SKINS - http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/11xgp8/halloween_skins_compilation/

    So, I guess i don't really want any of these? I thought chainsword was going to be a sword with chains... not another chainsaw.

    OH WELL, I guess I can just sell all my phat loots later!

    EDIT: The karma reward for achievements is a 4500 karma item that IS affected by karma boost. ERMERGERD. And you get 10 for the monthly. ERMERGERD SOME MORE.

    ERMERGERD SER MERCH KERMER

This discussion has been closed.