As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The thread for things with more/less than two legs (NSF ento/arachno/ophidiophobes)

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    my aunt lives on the edges of a wildlife preserve in Florida and she gets frogs and snakes swimming up through her plumbing all the time i guess

first time it happened she went to the bathroom late at night and didn't turn the light on cuz she has a night-light in her bathroom for such occasions and the frog touched her butt when she sat down D:

she checks now.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2019
    Our field station has frogs living in the drains because during the dry season it's the only consistently wet place around. Plus I guess it's pretty safe from birds.

Anyway they're adorable but one of my colleagues looked them up and apparently they are toxic to lick. But frankly so is the rest of the shower, so they're in good company.

tynic on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Don't lick random animals. Especially without consent.

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    My parents have a detached garage with a small apartment that my dad finished and added a small, raised-floor bathroom onto. When I lived in it for a few years, I was often finding small green tree frogs in the toilet. It made for some...exciting...moments.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Our field station has frogs living in the drains because during the dry season it's the only consistently wet place around. Plus I guess it's pretty safe from birds.

Anyway they're adorable but one of my colleagues looked them up and apparently they are toxic to lick. But frankly so is the rest of the shower, so they're in good company.

I am positive that dude licked one and got some massive diarrhea

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

zp7cl6kg1v8d.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

I'm only going to follow this advice because you worked on a Cheetah Ranch.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

I'm only going to follow this advice because you worked on a Cheetah Ranch.

Smof also wins the 'animals in the plumbing' contest with the entry of 'Elephants'

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular

This seems like especially excellent advice from a carnosaur

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    I'm rewatching Starship Troopers for the first time since it was on pay-per-view. This time around I did some research and it turns out the Madagascar hissing cockroaches the kids were stomping on were fake. No actual bugs were harmed in the making of this motion picture. That's been low-key niggling at me for nearly two decades, and it's good to get some positive closure.

Context: at the time I originally saw this movie, I had a hissing cockroach named Aristotle, and I was deeply offended at the thought that they'd stomp some of his brethren in a movie where dozens of human beings are graphically torn apart by giant bugs. It was a complicated roller coaster of emotions.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Hi
    Can someone tell me what kind of bug this is?
    z0dlu66xre53.jpg
    Photo is a bit blurry, sorry.

It was about 2-3cm long and the edges of the carapace were yellow/orange

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    It looks like some kind of wood-boring beetle, but if it's a longhorned beetle or a metallic woodboring beetle or any of the other families of woodboring beetles...*shrug* I seriously can't tell from that image.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    what region of the world was the photo taken in?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Guys i made friends with a frog

7bbepj7ndhhy.jpg

• Options
    That's a magic frog, there's mystic runes encircling it.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Kiss it and it will become a handsome prince. Its this whole curse thing.

Maybe a princess. Either way, free prince/princess.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Down with the monarchy! Frogs >> parasitic feudal hangovers

True story though, my colleague sat next to a prince on the flight out here. Maybe something terrible happened...

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Went hiking in the woods near my house and found this fella in a vernal pool.

fwemyl8mdakb.jpg

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    And what is their name?

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Any idea what this soider is? They're in my tool room outside and under the house. They're just tan brown. I think the flash made them look darker. Spoilered for squeamishness.
    SNVfsMR.jpg

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Looks like some kind of orbweaver (because it looks too furry and mottley to be a widow spider). Any possibility of getting a "from above" shot? Because most have some kind of distinct pattern on its abdomen.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    what region of the world was the photo taken in?

That was in Greece

• Options
    Spoilered for arachnophobes.
    Spoilered for people who are fine with spiders, but don't want to see a video of a tiny spider living in someone's ear.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Potter Wasp Kills and Shoves Caterpillar Into Pot | Trials Of Life | BBC Earth
    https://youtu.be/fY6m89lLyrs
    Duration: 2:50

• Options
    I couldn't get a better shot, but might this be a bed bug in our hotel?
    3apvtcanviy0.jpg

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Based on a quick Google image search, that looks like a possibility.

• Options
    Kaplar wrote: »
    Based on a quick Google image search, that looks like a possibility.

It's back.
    fs4esur4pkxg.jpg

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    That is very much looking like a bedbug.
    May be time to find a new hotel.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    The other day an ant bit me on the peepee.

It was not a particularly pleasant experience.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    That's a bedbug. I hope you like shouting matches about hotel room refunds!

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    That is very much looking like a bedbug.
    May be time to find a new hotel.

Also buying new clothes because they are likely in your luggage

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    The good news is that it's summer, and if you park your car in direct sunlight all day when it's above 80 degrees, you can create an environment indistinguishable from a professional bed bug oven.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Found this in the tub.
    DUFMno9.jpg[/
    spoiler]

For some reason, that is the clearest pic I could get. I assume the tub surface was throwing off the camera.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    congratulations! what's the scale on that?

BahamutZERO.gif